Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there anything better than AudioStretch on iOS for slowing down audio for ambient audioscapes?

AudioStretch allows me to import and export from AudioShare. It also allows me to slow things down to 0.05x. It doesn't slow things down as much as PaulStretch, but seems to be the best I've found for iOS. Are there any others that might be better? I use an iPhone, by the way.... Thanks!!!

Comments

• edited April 2016

there's Dylan Romer's and Nicolas Lobo's Purple Goo. quote: 'Currently Purple Goo allows a stretch of up to 10000000%.'

it sure makes nice soundscapes, but only of songs in your iTunes library. unfortunately, the app is not compatible to Audiobus and as far as I know, there's no way to import or export audio.

https://itunes.apple.com/at/app/purple-goo/id646191395?mt=8

• No nothing better & it is smooth as you change pitch/speed. I think you can slow to a stop at 0

• Check out the Caustic beta

• @synthandson I just deleted Purple Goo off of my system, because it was crashing when I tried importing anything into it....thus my search for something better...... It's too bad Purple goo doesn't have AudioShare or OpenIn access.....

@RedSkyLullaby I did some research before posting and downloaded several, but it seemed to be the best I could find as well.... Interestingly enough, the lite version has all I need, since I'm not slowing things down to figure out parts of songs. :smile: I would just like to be able to slow things down even more.....

@anickt I have Caustic. What part does Caustic have that allows it to slow extremely slow down audio?

• The beta has time stretch in the wav editor.

• @anickt said:
    The beta has time stretch in the wav editor.

Ah, gotcha! Thanks!

• edited April 2016

if you double tap the stretch amount it goes to zero (freezes audio). You can use the +- buttons to adjust from there.

Think you might be able to go slower with Loopy. Set the bpm to 400, turn off 'fit imported loops', paste a loop in and then set the BPM to whatever you want all the way down to 5.

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    No nothing better & it is smooth as you change pitch/speed. I think you can slow to a stop at 0

which one are you talking about Red?

• @Audiojunkie said:
    AudioStretch allows me to import and export from AudioShare. It also allows me to slow things down to 0.05x. It doesn't slow things down as much as PaulStretch, but seems to be the best I've found for iOS. Are there any others that might be better? I use an iPhone, by the way.... Thanks!!!

by better what are you looking for that's not in audio stretch?

• @syrupcore said:
    if you double tap the stretch amount it goes to zero (freezes audio). You can use the +- buttons to adjust from there.

Think you might be able to go slower with Loopy. Set the bpm to 400, turn off 'fit imported loops', paste a loop in and then set the BPM to whatever you want all the way down to 5.

oh what a dope idea, thanks syrupcore!

• does anybody have Group the loop, is it possible to do syrupcore's idea with that app as well... ?

• yeah that's a cool technique @syrupcore!

• @syrupcore said:

Great ideas!! Thanks!!

• @kobamoto said:

@Audiojunkie said:

by better what are you looking for that's not in audio stretch?

Paul Stretch lets you play a clip up to 800 times slower. I don't know of anything else that extreme. The neat thing is, it can create ambient masterpieces out of total crap. Paul Stretch went viral when it turned a Justin Bieber song into something listenable. :wink:

• I just found it. It's great! Check it out! Total crap, turned into something listenable! :wink:

• AudioStretch only slows things down 0.05x, which is only 20 times slower. I was hoping for something that went even slower @kobamoto

@syrupcore Any idea how many times slower can be achieved with your Loopy method?

I like the idea of this kind of program for easy ambiances for backgrounds to my songs. :-)

• Hm, so the app doesn't stretch enough
    Record the output, put it back as input and stretch again?

• AudioStretch goes down to 0.05x with the minus button, but if you touch the value and drag (or just rock your finger tip side to side ) it will go down to 0.01x.

• iDensity can do this sort of thing, the playhead can move as slow as 0.01x

• I remember paul stretch from back in the day when I used to run windows, it was the best for what it does back then if not the only game in town.

• @vsmqu said:
    AudioStretch goes down to 0.05x with the minus button, but if you touch the value and drag (or just rock your finger tip side to side ) it will go down to 0.01x.

Ooh! I'm going to have to try that!! Thanks!!

• @lala said:
    Hm, so the app doesn't stretch enough

That will add artifacts upon the artifacts that the initial stretching does. It will work, but it won't sound as good. :smile:

• @blanksmaiden said:
    iDensity can do this sort of thing, the playhead can move as slow as 0.01x

Cool! Thanks! I'll look into that! :smile:

• @kobamoto said:
    I remember paul stretch from back in the day when I used to run windows, it was the best for what it does back then if not the only game in town.

It may not be the only game in town anymore, but I believe it is still considered the best at what it does.. :smile:

• @syrupcore Any idea how many times slower can be achieved with your Loopy method?

I'm not sure about 'times slower' because I'm not sure what the equation is to figure that. I initially thought it was 80X because 400/5=80 but an actual experiment didn't seem to bare that out.

I used a timer and recorded a 5 second loop at 400bpm. Set the tempo to 5bpm and hit play, restarting the timer. After 5 minutes, it was about 1/4 through the stretched loop (a little longer). So if it's ~20min for a stretched 5s loop... it might be 240x? (20*60)/5 = 240. It's long whatever it is.

• How does Auria's audio stretch algorithm stack up against these apps?

• edited April 2016

@Audiojunkie said:

@lala said:
    Hm, so the app doesn't stretch enough

That will add artifacts upon the artifacts that the initial stretching does. It will work, but it won't sound as good. :smile:

ah I thought you wanted artifacts from timestreching ...

go granular
    take ipulsaret or idensity and "surf" slowly

• ..> @anickt said:

Check out the Caustic beta

Sorry for the off topic ,but where is the caustic beta? (For iOS)

• @Korakios said:
    ..> @anickt said:

Check out the Caustic beta

Sorry for the off topic ,but where is the caustic beta? (For iOS)

Set up an account on the Caustic forum and ask the dev to hook you up with access to the beta. He uses Crashalytics to distribute the beta.

http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/forum/874

• Has anyone tried going super slow with Blocs Wave ?