Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia iSpark

Comments

• @FlightManual said:
    LOOKS LIKE I'M BEING PHASED OUT BOYS

*Cannot download: Not compatible with iPad 3. It has begun.

Good luck old man!

• Say it with me, folks. "This is version 1.0".

We are dealing with a highly reputable developer here, so enjoy the current features, be patient for the inevitable bug fixes, and be courteous with feature requests.

• @kobamoto said:
    thanks, ok time to hit the button

Did you?
    Do yo recommend this app?

• hey Aphex what's up man... I haven't got it yet but I'm going to definitely get it today, looks like there might be some kinks that need to get ironed out but this dev is reliable and this app has allot of room for creative abuse lol

• No love for the IPad 4!

• @kobamoto said:
    hey Aphex what's up man... I haven't got it yet but I'm going to definitely get it today, looks like there might be some kinks that need to get ironed out but this dev is reliable and this app has allot of room for creative abuse lol

Oks, well if you will buy it i will do the same too. Long time with no new purchases, but you always have good eye for cool apps.

• edited February 2016

@Samu said:

@kobamoto said:

@Carnbot said:
    Each sample slot can have up to 6 layers of different samples with different playback modes, that's interesting :)

any idea what the different playback modes are?

Looki here :)

can you adjust all of the parameters for each layer independently (while stacked)? like lp one while hp another? or is it just attack, gain reverse?

• It looks like is a 64 bits app. No mentioned anywhere, but iPad4 is out. :(

• @Seangarland said:
    Say it with me, folks. "This is version 1.0".

We are dealing with a highly reputable developer here, so enjoy the current features, be patient for the inevitable bug fixes, and be courteous with feature requests.

^

• Most vst developers create both versions for 64 and 32 bit systems.I think that we deserve the ispark even with less polyphony.it's a drum machine not a modular.And if I can use waldorf attack on my 4th gen, then I should be able to use ispark.

• edited February 2016

@catamaran said:
    can you adjust all of the parameters for each layer independently (while stacked)? like lp one while hp another? or is it just attack, gain reverse?

Just the one set, I think - not so surprising a choice

I'm already desparate for the sample choosing bug(s) to be fixed - setting up a set of wildly different layers and shoosing random is fun. It's annoying only to be able to do it once per project before the sample choice shuts down...

And yea, I know, "be patient"

• @bennorland said:

@catamaran said:

Just the one set, I think - not so surprising a choice

I'm already desparate for the sample choosing bug(s) to be fixed - setting up a set of wildly different layers and shoosing random is fun. It's annoying only to be able to do it once per project before the sample choice shuts down...

And yea, I know, "be patient"

bmr thanx

• Turns out I cannot t register my copy of iSpark, as the email bounces back. Therefore I am not allowed (because of the way Arturia's support web form is set up) to make a bug report. Harder to feel patient under these circumstances.

Has anyone else been able to register. And, Arturia, if anyone is listening in, please fix the registration email address ASAP.

• @Aphex said:

@kobamoto said:
    hey Aphex what's up man... I haven't got it yet but I'm going to definitely get it today, looks like there might be some kinks that need to get ironed out but this dev is reliable and this app has allot of room for creative abuse lol

Oks, well if you will buy it i will do the same too. Long time with no new purchases, but you always have good eye for cool apps.

haha it's usually the other way around I think

• I'll let 'iSpark' rest for a while and wait for updates.

I get super annoyed when there is no way to 'start clean' with totally empty project and even the 'sampled' instruments have different sets of adjustable parameters and no way to chose a 'clean init-point' to start with.

• @nlog
    Had an issue with exporting last night. I had a 2 bar sequence which I was trying to export via the export on the SEQ screen, The audio loop was the correct length, but it only contained the first beat (the rest of the loop was silence.), it made no difference if I tried to export via audio copy or Open In I got the same.
    I restarted iSpark and the export was working fine again.
    Don't know if this is a bug or if I had something selected which caused this ?

P.S. Massive thanks for bringing this to us, I have been waiting for something like this to come to iOS and once the Modular UI is included this will be the daddy of iOS drum machines :)

• has the dev chimed in yet about these issues?

• @AndyPlankton said:

P.S. Massive thanks for bringing this to us, I have been waiting for something like this to come to iOS and once the Modular UI is included this will be the daddy of iOS drum machines :)

The Modular UI is what I will wait for too.
    When it is implemented it will most likely be possible to start 'clean' and create truly custom instruments without the need to use a 'preset instrument' as the base.

Needless to say I'm not a huge fan of presets as they most of the time 'force the creative thinking' into a specific genre :)

• @kobamoto said:
    has the dev chimed in yet about these issues?

He was answering Q's on the other thread.

• edited February 2016

@Samu said:

Needless to say I'm not a huge fan of presets as they most of the time 'force the creative thinking' into a specific genre :)

Presets are ok as a demo or start point for getting your head around a piece of software, or to see how a particular type of sound is built, but I agree and will always tweak or create something to get my own sound.

What is unique about this (or at least will be when the Mod UI arrives) is the mix of synthesised drums and multi layered samples with different trigger methods (velocity, random etc...) and physical modelling too. Couple that with the smooth workflow that the app has and it's a winner.
    And to top it all there is also a dedicated hardware controller for it if you want.

• I can see why it's 64 bit only. There's a lot of heavyweight stuff going on in there.

Can anyone else confirm this performance issue?

If I load the Lynnk Indus 1 project and play the sequence it eventually starts to clip on my Air 2 9.1 and glitch. This is a synth kit. It seems like that the synth engine needs optimising for iOS 9 because on my mini2 iOS 8.3 the same patch plays fine. Tried a reinstall.

Unless it's a 9.1 thing

• @AlexDemo said:
    Most vst developers create both versions for 64 and 32 bit systems.I think that we deserve the ispark even with less polyphony.it's a drum machine not a modular.And if I can use waldorf attack on my 4th gen, then I should be able to use ispark.

But IT's a modular under the hood ;) Tempo Rubato (Nlog) is one of the best iOS developer,i tend to believe him when he said the 64bit are needed.And that's what he said here or in the other spark thread.For example,there are up to 34 insert fx plus 2 send fx.At ONCE!

If Arturia would allow to reduce the amount of FX (for example)that would also mean you can't run many of the presets.

The Attack engine is pretty old as well while Arturias TAE engine is much newer (and i assume better sounding but i can't make a comparison).

And another problem is,you can't enable it for iPad 4 without making it available for other lower spec ipads as well.If it doesn't run well on this devices it will bombed down with 1-star ratings in the store...

Can't please everyone.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    @nlog
    Had an issue with exporting last night. I had a 2 bar sequence which I was trying to export via the export on the SEQ screen, The audio loop was the correct length, but it only contained the first beat (the rest of the loop was silence.), it made no difference if I tried to export via audio copy or Open In I got the same.
    I restarted iSpark and the export was working fine again.
    Don't know if this is a bug or if I had something selected which caused this ?

P.S. Massive thanks for bringing this to us, I have been waiting for something like this to come to iOS and once the Modular UI is included they do this will be the daddy of iOS drum machines :)

I haven't been able to get export to work properly yet. I contacted Arturia about it. I contacted them about something else in July and got a response in December.. Hope they do better this time...

Otherwise the app is awesome!

• @Carnbot said:
    If I load the Lynnk Indus 1 project and play the sequence it eventually starts to clip on my Air 2 9.1 and glitch. This is a synth kit. It seems like that the synth engine needs optimising for iOS 9 because on my mini2 iOS 8.3 the same patch plays fine. Tried a reinstall.

Unless it's a 9.1 thing

So far 'no glitching' with that kit on iPad Air 2 iOS9.2.1, works smoothly.

Over all the performance has been smooth, but that Lunynk Indus 1 project is just one of the examples why the 'Modular UI' is needed to make iSpark truly shine and when it gets it it will easily 'replace' many other apps on my iPad.

• current work arounds, just recording into audioshare via audiobus/ iaa etc..?

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

Unless it's a 9.1 thing

Over all the performance has been smooth, but that Lunynk Indus 1 project is just one of the examples why the 'Modular UI' is needed to make iSpark truly shine and when it gets it it will easily 'replace' many other apps on my iPad.

Ok thanks, will update to 9.3 when that's available so hopefully that will solve it.
    Yes I'm excited by the possibilities of this synth engine when I have a look at the desktop version so this is a good prospect for the future as we've currently only got a few synth instruments to play with.

• The other thing is midi Learn. I see the desktop version does have it. So they aren't forcing people to buy the controller. Even then the SparkLE controller only has 3 knobs for controlling instrument parameters, not nearly enough for me.

So even if I did buy a SparkLE for controlling the iPad version I still would want to use more midi controllers as well for other knobs and sliders. So I'm hoping that midi learn will eventually be added, otherwise I think Arturia would be hobbling the potential performance aspect of this great app.

• @Carnbot said:
    Yes I'm excited by the possibilities of this synth engine when I have a look at the desktop version so this is a good prospect for the future as we've currently only got a few synth instruments to play with.

It's a very capable engine indeed but for now a bit 'crippled' without the Modular UI.
    As for sample-editing. I trust Rolf has taken notice of the requests and will If allowed, implement them in iSpark.

It's just the 'tweaker' in me that is a bit upset since the 'parameters' that I wan't to adjust are there under the hood but no way to access them :D

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

Unless it's a 9.1 thing

He never said the modular UI will come for sure.He stated multiple times he will TRY to deliver it later.Just sayin.

i can imagine it also depends on how much they gonna sell now.

• For those who were asking about intro price, this is from the Arturia website

"Take advantage of our exceptional introductory price. During three weeks iSpark is at 9.99 €/USD instead of 19.99 €/USD."