Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia iSpark

Comments

• Compatible with Spark projects, but Arturia needs to release a little free update for Spark coming soon.

The SparkLE controller is supported via cam connection kit. The original Spark controller couldn't be supported for HW reasons.

• edited February 2016

App Store says in app purchases are available, but what are they ?

Edit. Found the expansion packs
    https://www.arturia.com/products/drums/drums-expansion-packs/overview

• Each sample slot can have up to 6 layers of different samples with different playback modes, that's interesting :)

• WARNING...it does not work with BeatStep Pro.

I find this a real scandal that I can't even use their own sequencer to control their own drum machine.
    REFUNDED. They can €$#€> off.

• @soundklinik What do you like to do: Sync the BeatStep Pro to iSpark to sequence another synth OR sequence iSpark instruments from BeatStep Pro? Have mit BeatStep Pro in studio. Will check tomorrow.

• @soundklinik Sounds strange. It does have MIDI in according to the manual, with selectable channel. Where did you hear this ?

• edited February 2016

@nlog said:
    @soundklinik What do you like to do: Sync the BeatStep Pro to iSpark to sequence another synth OR sequence iSpark instruments from BeatStep Pro? Have mit BeatStep Pro in studio. Will check tomorrow.

I would like to use BSP as a sequencer on ch.10 to control iSpark. The 16 pads should correspond to 16 notes or pads. Write or record sequence into BSP and play it in iSpark...and to be able to assign the midi control part to some pots or buttons...is that too much to ask?
    I can do that with DrumPerfect Pro...

I Got iSpark to respond to a keyboard midi controller. That's all

• @BiancaNeve said:

@Munibeast said:
    Are the pads Midi learnable or is there a way to configure the notes assigned to each pad?

The pads are midi note 60 and up (I seem to remember reading)

Thanks, that's a start. I guess they really want people to use the SparkLE and not some other controllers.
    I'm officially on the fence for this one. It looks nice and I like Rolf's other apps but there's not much there that I don't already have in the boatload of drum/groovebox type apps I already have such as iMPC Pro, Beathawk, iMaschine, Beatmaker, Nanostudio, Drumperfect Pro, Patterning, Beat-Machine, DM-1 etc... So I don't know if I'd be using this enough to justify the purchase. I'll wait for AUM to drop and see how people have been getting on with this one.

• Don't have beat step pro. But just as a test I connected it to MusicStudio. Just playing 1/4 notes from c4 and it worked fine.

• @nlog said:

@crony said:
    Seems cool, but no midi, no audiobus ?!? :(

It has MIDI (note input, incl. clock master, slave), AudioBus, Inter-App Audio, Ableton Link, AudioCopy, iTunes Music Library Import, Import/Export Audio, Exchange projects with desktop Spark, Open audio from other iOS apps, email projects, recording, WIST, and maybe I forgot something here and there :-)

Okay, this is really cool so, thanks ! :)
    Are the sounds pack the same price on Ipad also ? (29 € on webiste for the desktop/hardware...)

• But it doesn't even make the coffee in the morning and I can't see a redo button ;)

• Ah, I see midi learn is missing... ;)

• Huh. I actually looked at a used SparkLE at a Guitar Center a few weeks back ($100, I think?) I didn't buy it because it felt more like it was a dedicated MIDI controller for proprietary software, versus a full-featured drum machine (or, at least, I feared that might be the case).

This app looks interesting - I like the interface and the two main screens (pads and sequencer). Reminds me a little of a modernized iElectribe. But I have so many of this type of app and they have a habit of falling by the wayside. Probably sitting this one out for now, but will watch and buy later if it seems like it offers something new.

• @Carnbot said:
    Each sample slot can have up to 6 layers of different samples with different playback modes, that's interesting :)

really? that would be awesome

• does anyone know, will it do triplets?

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    @soundklinik Sounds strange. It does have MIDI in according to the manual, with selectable channel. Where did you hear this ?

I bought it and tried it with BeatStep pro.....NO GO...You can only play notes from a keyboard but it doesn't work with BSP which has ch.10 for drums with fixed notes

• @eross said:
    does anyone know, will it do triplets?

With a work-around it does 1/12 resolution for 1/8t and 1/24 for 1/16t but the 'beat-markers' do not reflect the change they stay at the 4/4 resolution making it a bit tricky to edit the sequence.

• @soundklinik said:

@DeVlaeminck said:
    @soundklinik Sounds strange. It does have MIDI in according to the manual, with selectable channel. Where did you hear this ?

I bought it and tried it with BeatStep pro.....NO GO...You can only play notes from a keyboard but it doesn't work with BSP which has ch.10 for drums with fixed notes

MidiBridge is your friend for stuff like that. (Probably midi flow too)

• @soundklinik said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

Whaaaaaaat? This was instabuy until I read this.

• Does it have the Modular Synth Engine of the desktop version?

• edited February 2016

EDIT: Double post trouble.

• @soundklinik said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

Just curious: Can't you choose channel 10, or do the "fixed notes" from BSP not correspond to the instruments in iSpark ?

• Doesn't BSP come with.a midi editor program?

• @Samu said:

@eross said:
    does anyone know, will it do triplets?

With a work-around it does 1/12 resolution for 1/8t and 1/24 for 1/16t but the 'beat-markers' do not reflect the change they stay at the 4/4 resolution making it a bit tricky to edit the sequence.

cool, thanks Samu, I'm gonna have to buy it now

• @BiancaNeve said:

@soundklinik said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

MidiBridge is your friend for stuff like that. (Probably midi flow too)

Maybe but Arturia is not.... I don't want to have to use other stuff...it's their own product >:)

@DeVlaeminck said:

@soundklinik said:

@DeVlaeminck said:

Just curious: Can't you choose channel 10, or do the "fixed notes" from BSP not correspond to the instruments in iSpark ?

You can choose any channel in ispark, but on BSP the drum sequencer is Multi timbral , can play 16 notes at a time. The other 2 sequencers are mono and they don't correspond.
    They start @ C1 I think. iSpark stats at C3 I believe

• @Carnbot said:
    Each sample slot can have up to 6 layers of different samples with different playback modes, that's interesting :)

Six shades of snare

• @supadom said:

@Carnbot said:

Six shades of snare

Round Robin

• @knewspeak said:

@supadom said:

@Carnbot said:

Six shades of snare

Round Robin

I know he's put on a little weight Batman, but that's seems harsh...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@knewspeak said:

@supadom said:

@Carnbot said:

Six shades of snare

Round Robin

I know he's put on a little weight Batman, but that's seems harsh...

Not really harsh , just the truth.