Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia iSpark

Comments

• edited February 2016

@nlog said:
    Compatible with Spark projects, but Arturia needs to release a little free update for Spark coming soon.

The SparkLE controller is supported via cam connection kit. The original Spark controller couldn't be supported for HW reasons.

Awww...this is a dealbreaker for me. Thanks for the info.

• In Midi Control Center for BSP, there is a Spark preset ;)

• Not compatible with ipad 4th gen...what a shame... :(

• The modular synth engine is present, but I don't see a way to edit them, you just get a generic patch block diagram for those patches. Heavy Tropics_HT is one of the presets that uses the synth engine.

• Yeah there aren't many synth kits included, Kaziotone is one. I expect when they decide to develop and release the modular part of the app, that diagram will be replaced by the various modules.

• @knewspeak said:
    The modular synth engine is present, but I don't see a way to edit them, you just get a generic patch block diagram for those patches. Heavy Tropics_HT is one of the presets that uses the synth engine.

Look Nlogs post about this 1-2 pagea back.

Regarding The Spark Le controller:is it really FULLY compatible to the app?This could be a"must buy"if it's the case....and if it works flawless of course.Anyone here with a spark le already tried it? ;)

• @Carnbot said:
    Each sample slot can have up to 6 layers of different samples with different playback modes, that's interesting :)

any idea what the different playback modes are?

• @kobamoto said:

@Carnbot said:
    Each sample slot can have up to 6 layers of different samples with different playback modes, that's interesting :)

any idea what the different playback modes are?

Looki here :)

• hey thanks man, this is looking quite malleable.

• I wanted to load a snare sound and then stack a second sample from the included library of sounds. Seems I cannot access any of those sounds, in order to add a second layer. Has anyone figured out how to do that?

• @bennorland said:
    I wanted to load a snare sound and then stack a second sample from the included library of sounds. Seems I cannot access any of those sounds, in order to add a second layer. Has anyone figured out how to do that?

I've done it using the pasteboard, but not with the internal sounds

• @Carnbot said:

Yes, I managed it with the pasteboard too. It seems a strange and irritating omission not to give the user access to the samples in that way.

• So far I really like this drum machine, it's so smooth. Just so easy to get around the interface :)

• @bennorland said:

@Carnbot said:

Yes, I managed it with the pasteboard too. It seems a strange and irritating omission not to give the user access to the samples in that way.

Yes, bit strange, maybe they'll correct that in the future.

I do get some glitches and clipping sometimes on some kits if I have a lot going on, hope this can be resolved in an update. Am on Air 2 9.1

But have to say, overall this is great value for money and its very easy to use. I like it a lot.

• @bennorland said:
    I wanted to load a snare sound and then stack a second sample from the included library of sounds. Seems I cannot access any of those sounds, in order to add a second layer. Has anyone figured out how to do that?

Looks like it can't be done without 'ripping out' all the samples from the app-bundle (by renaming the *.ipa to *.zip and extracting all the *.wav files) and then importing back them again to iTunes Shared folder...

Another option that I miss is to have a 'clean to start' without any samples or instruments pre-loaded to the pads.

O well, we'll see how things progress with iSpark updates etc.

• @Samu said:
    Another option that I miss is to have a 'clean to start' without any samples or instruments pre-loaded to the pads.

Yup, quite agree. First thing I did was build a project free from any pattern data and drop the same bass drum sample into all the slots. It's nice to start from something like a blank canvas.

• Now this is starting to get really 'annoying'.

Even when using 'samples' the parameters that are available for adjustment (in the Studio View) under the waveform change depending on what instrument was loaded and there is no way to change them without loading another instrument?! (Or do I really need to hack and mess with the 'xml files'?).

• edited February 2016

I'm hoping for sample folder import, whether via Dropbox like in BM2, or how it's done in Beathawk (via iCloud/Audioshare). Importing loops and phrases one at a time ain't so bad, but importing one shots really needs some kind of easy folder import, especially for fast auditioning and organizing of sounds.

• @Samu said:

@bennorland said:

Looks like it can't be done without 'ripping out' all the samples from the app-bundle (by renaming the *.ipa to *.zip and extracting all the *.wav files) and then importing back them again to iTunes Shared folder...

Yes, you can use included samples without ripping them. Just assign the instrument containing the sample you want to a pad, then, in the ”sample chooser” window, select "Load sample from current project".
    Now you can choose the drumpad containing the sample you want to assign.

• ok just want to confirm, so at this time right now there is no open to and from audioshare for building drumkits?
    and does it have audio copy paste from the general pasteboard?

• @kobamoto said:
    ok just want to confirm, so at this time right now there is no open to and from audioshare for building drumkits?
    and does it have audio copy paste from the general pasteboard?

Both AudioCopy and General Pasteboard are supported.
    You can also send samples to iSpark using 'Open In...' from other apps.

You also have the option to 'Open In...' when exporting a pattern from sequencer view, just copy to AudioShare.

So, yes, it's possible to send samples one by one from AudioShare to iSpark (In AudioShare use 'Share' and 'Copy to Arturia iSpark' or use Copy and 'General Pasteboard').

• thanks, ok time to hit the button

• @Ploe said:
    Yes, you can use included samples without ripping them. Just assign the instrument containing the sample you want to a pad, then, in the ”sample chooser” window, select "Load sample from current project".

I cannot get this to work. The only sample or shows is the one I loaded earlier not the factory ones loaded in the project.

• Hmmm enough gripes to keep me from needing it immediately ... Someone mentioned intro price on the other thread... Anyone know if that is true? (is this going to be double the amount in 2 weeks?)

• @Ploe said:

@Samu said:

@bennorland said:

That's a workaround :)

It would be a lot smoother to be able to browse all the samples included in the app without the need to load the 'source instrument' first.

What if all the pads are already in use and all that is needed is one sample for a layer from an instrument that is not loaded? (To be able to do this, the samples need to be 'ripped').

Time will tell how iSpark develops.

• Perhaps my problem was an installation bug of some kind. I deleted and reinstalled and now I can access the project samples. That's a bit better.

• LOOKS LIKE I'M BEING PHASED OUT BOYS

*Cannot download: Not compatible with iPad 3. It has begun.

• edited February 2016

Nope. There's some kind of a bug. First I was given access to the samples under all the pads in the project. Now after a save, it's just those loaded into drum pad 1. Annoying.

• @crony said:

@nlog said:

@crony said:
    Seems cool, but no midi, no audiobus ?!? :(

It has MIDI (note input, incl. clock master, slave), AudioBus, Inter-App Audio, Ableton Link, AudioCopy, iTunes Music Library Import, Import/Export Audio, Exchange projects with desktop Spark, Open audio from other iOS apps, email projects, recording, WIST, and maybe I forgot something here and there :-)

Okay, this is really cool so, thanks ! :)
    Are the sounds pack the same price on Ipad also ? (29 € on webiste for the desktop/hardware...)

There are four expansion packs:- Noise, Hip Hop, EDM and Techno- each with 80 instruments, 160 patterns and 5 projects- each costing £2.99 each. So the whole thing including the instrument will cost less than £20....... about £8 less than than a single hardware/ desktop expansion pack. ..... anyone feeling sorry for these folk?.... I mean is there not some sort of charity or help available to provide the required intervention?

Anyway- it is quite superb. I am sure it will be my go to drum machine.... I am very much looking forward to introducing it to Sector, Glitchbreaks and Turnado.