Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Post Your DramboJams

Comments

• Here's a little jam using a project I'm working on dubbed "Little Fugue Machine". The original concept was to use the grids as a singe unified matrix sequencer like Koushion. After adding modal/diatonic transposition over 2 octaves, it started to feel a lot like Fugue machine, albeit, with a single playhead.

I'm finally gonna get the project up later tomorrow, but with the last 2 Drambo updates, it's already given me more to add.

Drums are Drambo, synth is DRC sequenced from the project. Main feature of the video is the in-key transposition from scene pads A-P. Now, those scenes and transpositions can be sequenced.

• @aleyas Very nice piece. Are you midi triggering the scenes from a controller or from another instance of Drambo? Or p- locks?

• edited June 2020

Hey there. So in the video I was triggering the scenes manually. However, they are midi mapped, so they can be sequenced from another instance. In fact, there's a companion project to pair with this one that controls velocity, note offset, gate length, turning on or off certain modules, and sequencing the scenes. As soon as midi loopback is implemented, those controllers can be added to the main project.

Remember in the Drambo forum how it came up that the scenes are always 'listening' to midi data and capturing p-locks? It's a major setback imo. At 43 seconds in when I play scene E, you can hear a short burst of note repeats. That was unfortunately captured in the scene when I was jamming with the controller. So like you said, gotta be careful about saving over the project to keep a blank template otherwise things can get messy quickly. Hope the scene behavior gets optimized as Drambo develops further.

Wanna post the project soon, I just keep getting set back cause I'd like to make a decent video for it.

@hypnopad said:
    @aleyas Very nice piece. Are you midi triggering the scenes from a controller or from another instance of Drambo? Or p- locks?

• @aleyas Is midi loop back planned? It seems we always need just one (or several!) more thing(s) implemented (and not just in Drambo) to achieve our goals.
    Looking forward to the video.

• @hypnopad, yeah just after the midi mapping update Giku confirmed that he was working on loopback, so that midi could be routed internally to control mappings. I've tried to use Aum to route midi from the same instance back to itself, but it causes some pretty significant chocking.
    The roadmap Giku posted is incredible. Don't know if you noticed, but he said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Nonlinear sequencing - each track module may be detached from main sequencer and controlled by its parent module: play, stop, reverse, set tempo etc...

I hope that means that sequences could also be advanced with gates or note ons. So close to being the perfect solution for your iPad setup. But perfection always seems to be one update away haha.

• That would be very cool. Yeah I noticed that and also that you asked more about it on my/our behalf. Thanks for that.

• No response though unfortunately. But I'm hopeful that eventually Drambo will be capable.

• edited July 2020

In recent weeks I've had some fun programming and performing some quick live jams, all with Drambo at the centre. Here's a playlist of all 12, if anyone's interested.

I still feel I've barely scratched the surface of what Drambo can offer. My plan is to start building a live set in the stand-alone version of Drambo, recording/sampling other synths when needed (the fewer dependencies for a live set the better ;) )

• @hypnopad said:
    Triggering Drambo with a Roland pad via a Focusrite interface. Layered Impaktors with cv quantizer notes being manually changed with scenes. Running through a bit of FAC Alteza shimmer. All in AUM. My Drambo dreams are coming true!

Nice one. I’m impressed how you’re using morph groups to change chords. Super cool idea I’m going to steal!

• edited July 2020

@hypnopad and this gets me closer to another performance powerhouse: Chordion. I just need another foot controller for all those chord mappings!

Drambo has cured so many app cravings that I almost wish it was subscription based 😳😂😇

• @drewinnit said:
    In recent weeks I've had some fun programming and performing some quick live jams, all with Drambo at the centre. Here's a playlist of all 12, if anyone's interested.

I still feel I've barely scratched the surface of what Drambo can offer. My plan is to start building a live set in the stand-alone version of Drambo, recording/sampling other synths when needed (the fewer dependencies for a live set the better ;) )

Really love the style of your work. Great to listen to while working. I love seeing your workflow. Thanks for sharing 👊🏼™️

• @supadom said:

@hypnopad said:
    Triggering Drambo with a Roland pad via a Focusrite interface. Layered Impaktors with cv quantizer notes being manually changed with scenes. Running through a bit of FAC Alteza shimmer. All in AUM. My Drambo dreams are coming true!

Nice one. I’m impressed how you’re using morph groups to change chords. Super cool idea I’m going to steal!

Steal away! Scenes are incredibly powerful. In that video I changed the scenes manually on screen. I just did a newer version with my foot pedal not only changing the scenes but also playing corresponding bass notes from the pedal.The Mozaic hypno sequence script makes it all possible. Full explanation on YouTube .

• @supadom said:
    @hypnopad and this gets me closer to another performance powerhouse: Chordion. I just need another foot controller for all those chord mappings!

If you use @wim’s Mozaic hypno sequence script all you need is one trigger pad/key to play through all the scenes/chords.
    You can find it on patchstorage.

• @hypnopad said:

@supadom said:

If you use @wim’s Mozaic hypno sequence script all you need is one trigger pad/key to play through all the scenes/chords.
    You can find it on patchstorage.

I see. Well, I’m a 3 chord kind of guy so a script might be overkill other than the fact that I don’t possess mosaic. I’ll be definitely using the morph feature for small things like minor to major etc. Super useful, thanks. I’m pretty sure @giku_beepstreet will bring midi mappable next scene button so we won’t need any extra software bloat however useful it might be at the moment.

• @drewinnit said:

Great sounds man. I agree, the less moving parts the better albeit I’d find it hard to replace Samplr and to a lesser extent Turnado.

I think multi app live set ups are ok if apps are stable and streamlined and Turnado seems one of them so I doubt I’d make anything more cpu efficient inside of Drambo.

I’m also trying not to get too carried away with impaktor style resonators as they can tax the cpu.

• Ran my Drampaktor through FF Saturn 2 and took a little trip. Posted this on my hypnopad thread also.

• @supadom said:

@drewinnit said:

Great sounds man. I agree, the less moving parts the better albeit I’d find it hard to replace Samplr and to a lesser extent Turnado.

I think multi app live set ups are ok if apps are stable and streamlined and Turnado seems one of them so I doubt I’d make anything more cpu efficient inside of Drambo.

I’m also trying not to get too carried away with impaktor style resonators as they can tax the cpu.

Agreed @supadom, Turnado is also essential for me, as well as a few other apps. I guess my goal will be to remove as many dependencies as possible and be able to perform from a single AUM project which doesn't require changing mid-set. The concept is a work in progress, I quickly realised when making the jams I shared above that my approach wouldn't be sustainable for a cohesive, self-contained live set: 1) load time when changing AUM projects, 2) possibility of an AUv3 not loading properly and jeopardising things. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

@echoopera said:

@drewinnit said:

Really love the style of your work. Great to listen to while working. I love seeing your workflow. Thanks for sharing 👊🏼™️

Thanks dude! I really enjoy your work in Drambo, too...always curious to see what you're up to when a new video pops into my timeline.

• Thanks again @giku_beepstreet for MultiOut. Had a great little lunch time session today:

• So many dope jams on this post.
    Truly some talent here.
    I have yet to jump into drambo, I don’t know why but I feel intimated by it.
    Seems dope, but my anxiety isn’t allowing me to attempt it. Lol

• @Weareroses said:
    So many dope jams on this post.
    Truly some talent here.

Come on in. The water is fine. There are some great tutorials online for it. Two great sources are here:

And

Easiest modular you’ll ever learn. 👊🏼™️

• Really enjoying the whole MultiOut experience of Drambo + AUM...just can't get enough of it.

Here's a little moody piece for your Friday/weekend enjoyment. Thanks as always for listening and viewing.

SoundCloud:

YouTube:

• @echoopera said:
    Really enjoying the whole MultiOut experience of Drambo + AUM...just can't get enough of it.

Here's a little moody piece for your Friday/weekend enjoyment. Thanks as always for listening and viewing.

SoundCloud:

YouTube:

Love this. So organic and chill. I really like the contrasts you have in your pieces between the fast percussive elements and the relaxed melodic parts. You drive Drambo like a Ferrari. Super powerful and fast ( the drums ) but always reserved, elegant and stately at the same time. Very effective compositional approach.

• @scadet said:

@echoopera said:
    Really enjoying the whole MultiOut experience of Drambo + AUM...just can't get enough of it.

SoundCloud:

YouTube:

Love this. So organic and chill. I really like the contrasts you have in your pieces between the fast percussive elements and the relaxed melodic parts. You drive Drambo like a Ferrari. Super powerful and fast ( the drums ) but always reserved, elegant and stately at the same time. Very effective compositional approach.

Wow. Thank you for that breakdown and attention to detail in your feedback. I really appreciate it 👊🏼™️

• @Weareroses said:
    So many dope jams on this post.
    Truly some talent here.

My #1 tip: Take your time with Drambo if you don't have much experience with modular synths. Start playful and with simple module setups to understand what it's all about.
    Check out https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/ and learn from others.

• edited July 2020

Added some shimmer to this one.

Full instrument details in the video description on YouTube .

• Had a good session last night with the new Stratosphere Cloud Reverb and Drambo with MultiOut:

• edited September 2020

Here's a little meditative FM op jam. I'm testing a midi transposer I finished a while ago. The scenes are mapped to different modes, which is affecting one of the melody lines. Riff is a Piano Motif, going to 2 FM operators. The right hand melody is offset slightly by a midi delay. Also using Capcut video editor for the first time, and getting to know how to use it.

• @aleyas said:
    Here's a little meditative FM op jam. I'm testing a midi transposer I finished a while ago. The scenes are mapped to different modes, which is affecting one of the melody lines. Riff is a Piano Motif, going to 2 FM operators. The right hand melody is offset slightly by a midi delay. Also using Capcut video editor for the first time, and getting to know how to use it.

Nice. Did you get the Piano Motif MIDI IAP so you can use it live or are you playing back
    a MIDI file from the basic product? You can't import MIDI into Drambo yet can you?

• Yeah you’re correct that Drambo can’t yet import midi. So I usually record the midi into 2 separate tracks (got the PF iap). The CV and midi processing of Drambo allows some really fun transformations to the original motifs.

Actually, a technique I’ve been fascinated with recently is recording CV sequences into the Flexi sampler. As you know, Flexi can take a stereo signal. So, if you send a pitch/gate pair to a L/R to Stereo module, then you can record piano motifs to Flexi. You can get the cv out of Flexi by routing the stereo output to a Stereo to L/R module, where it will become split. Fortunately most piano motifs are single voice on both left and right hands, so it works well with this technique.

I just noticed there was a new PF update coincidently- off to download!

@McD said:

@aleyas said:

Nice. Did you get the Piano Motif MIDI IAP so you can use it live or are you playing back
    a MIDI file from the basic product? You can't import MIDI into Drambo yet can you?

• @aleyas said:

Really great track. Love the feel and flow of it.