Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fingerbeat Free and fully featured!

2»

Comments

• Holy crap... found this thing lurking in a folder... forgot wtf it was...
    Just tried it a bit...

This thing seems amazing. Has some really novel concepts, ui elements etc...

Why is this not mentioned more? Is there some fatal flaw I have not run into yet?

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    Holy crap... found this thing lurking in a folder... forgot wtf it was...
    Just tried it a bit...

This thing seems amazing. Has some really novel concepts, ui elements etc...

Why is this not mentioned more? Is there some fatal flaw I have not run into yet?

No fatal flaw, tons of fun. One of the very early groovebox apps, recently overhauled, had a cool resampling thing, and a lot more. People are fickle I guess

• The piano roll right next to the pads, etc. etc... So many good ideas packed into one app... NEEDS files support though. Having to go through dropbox etc. is silly these days

• edited April 2020

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    The piano roll right next to the pads, etc. etc... So many good ideas packed into one app... NEEDS files support though. Having to go through dropbox etc. is silly these days

The iCloud Drive option takes you to Files...
    (One says iCloud one says iCloud Drive, one of them saves and one takes you into Files. I mix them up but it’s there)

• @Littlewoodg said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    The piano roll right next to the pads, etc. etc... So many good ideas packed into one app... NEEDS files support though. Having to go through dropbox etc. is silly these days

Th iCloud Drive option takes you to Files...

Whoa! Thanks!

So obvious... Poor apple... so lost without Steve...

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Th iCloud Drive option takes you to Files...

Whoa! Thanks!

So obvious... Poor apple... so lost without Steve...

Imagine what Steve would think of how things are now. Trillion dollar company but the styluses, key boards, dongles...

• @Littlewoodg said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

(One says iCloud one says iCloud Drive, one of them saves and one takes you into Files. I mix them up but it’s there)

Interesting one this one. A very very close almost.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Yep it does so much. Wish it had synthesis. It is one of those “perfect loop” makers...and very nice on the phone. It does have that fun factor that’s hooked me in for some lengthy and productive sessions

• I like it, but it is sort of an oddball UI.
    If I don’t use it for a while, I have to figure everything out all over when I go back to it.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Yep it does so much. Wish it had synthesis. It is one of those “perfect loop” makers...and very nice on the phone. It does have that fun factor that’s hooked me in for some lengthy and productive sessions

I never really got it sufficiently to get it. Muscle memory and all. Lives on the same fun planet as TriqTraq, but that's more intuitive (plain simpler maybe) that i get where I want to go (produce good loops to get dressed up and take elsewhere etc)....but I've always been convinced that if I spent a week doing nothing but this thing I would make this thing make things :)

• @CracklePot said:
    I like it, but it is sort of an oddball UI.
    If I don’t use it for a while, I have to figure everything out all over when I go back to it.

Exactly.........

• Export options are limited?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@CracklePot said:

Exactly.........

So many lovely strange creatures in the groovebox petting zoo. I kinda love each one for their idiosyncrasies and secret gifts

• @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@CracklePot said:

Exactly.........

So many lovely strange creatures in the groovebox petting zoo. I kinda love each one for their idiosyncrasies and secret gifts

Nicely said......was just playing with this again (of course) and brain went boom. In a good brain go boom way.

• edited April 2020

@mojozart said:
    Export options are limited?

Export to Files via “iCloud” in the menu, and sends to all the apps in there, and also has an iCloud Drive folder.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@CracklePot said:

Exactly.........

Nicely said......was just playing with this again (of course) and brain went boom. In a good brain go boom way.

Yes. Every time someone opens a thread about one of the past critters waiting in a folder - Modstep, this one, off (in) I go...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

I never really got it sufficiently to get it. Muscle memory and all. Lives on the same fun planet as TriqTraq, but that's more intuitive (plain simpler maybe) that i get where I want to go (produce good loops to get dressed up and take elsewhere etc)....but I've always been convinced that if I spent a week doing nothing but this thing I would make this thing make things :)

Really, you find TriqTrac more intuitive? I see/saw the potential but I didn't "get it". But then again, I don't come at things from the sampler side of things. I don't gel with the MPC/SP world I guess. This FingerLabs things seems to make more sense to me I guess...

but yea, wish it was synth not sample based.. :)

• edited April 2020

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Really, you find TriqTrac more intuitive? I see/saw the potential but I didn't "get it". But then again, I don't come at things from the sampler side of things. I don't gel with the MPC/SP world I guess. This FingerLabs things seems to make more sense to me I guess...

Another fun one is Frum. You probably know it, have in a folder. People dissed it at the time, because you signed in (to share projects with a community, something more common now() they also had a weird user agreement that they rewrote when people freaked. Problem I think was it was Japanese translated into English...

FM synth based lots of p-lock and performance fun,..great sound randomizes and tons of whack presets. A band in Japan had a lot to do with the development There are some beautiful and crazy compositions in the community collection

But yeah there’s a cool feel to FingerBeat, nice samples, lots of depth for a little iPhone beat making sampler, fun finger drumming surface and resampling setup. Kinda stylish in a retro way

• @Littlewoodg said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Another fun one is Frum. You probably know it, have in a folder. People dissed it at the time, because you signed in (to share projects with a community, something more common now() they also had a weird user agreement that they rewrote when people freaked. Problem I think was it was Japanese translated into English...

FM synth based lots of p-lock and performance fun,..great sound randomizes and tons of whack presets. A band in Japan had a lot to do with the development There are some beautiful and crazy compositions in the community collection

But yeah there’s a cool feel to FingerBeat, nice samples, lots of depth for a little iPhone beat making sampler, fun finger drumming surface and resampling setup. Kinda stylish in a retro way

Agree and agree about Frum (and Skram!). As regards Finger Beat, I do wish you could unquant things to play off the somewhat limiting slices, but that's also somewhat missing the immediate point...

• edited April 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Agree and agree about Frum (and Skram!). As regards Finger Beat, I do wish you could unquant things to play off the somewhat limiting slices, but that's also somewhat missing the immediate point...

Yes. I would sprinkle the magic dust of unquant across more than a few apps
    Also unquaint while we’re at it