Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Subscription or one off payment ! Once you dive in so not free!

• edited November 2018

Good idea to pay it twice ( i bought it 3 years ago).I had the same problem with RD4 groovebox (I paid one time long ago and another time after an update to rehave what I had before and there is no restore purchase button).We can choose between one time payment or subscription it s a good idea , maybe not updating is the best solution 😀
    What happened if we stop the subscription after paying it one year ? Can we use it anymore ?
    Paid App and IAP: you have and own the app forever in principle ( with free updates)
    Subscription : you rent the app nevermind how long and how much it stops when you end the subscription.The money you lost is really lost ...
    So the only progress of subscription is for the dev not for the customer...

@Jumpercollins said:
    Subscription or one off payment ! Once you dive in so not free!

• The one time payment only justifies after nearly three years. The best idea probably is to just subscribe when you need it. Not sure how I should feel about the pricing. Got it for free, but definitely would have been willing to spend 5 bucks after trying it. But now 15... naw thanks.

• Just out of interest, which sounds/features do you have to pay I order to use? I got it a short while ago, when it first went free, and I’m worndering if I’ll lose anything by updating.

• So...I have updated today. Does it mean I have lost my previous purchase?

• @Longskatedeath said:
    Just out of interest, which sounds/features do you have to pay I order to use? I got it a short while ago, when it first went free, and I’m worndering if I’ll lose anything by updating.

Recording for 1.

• The terms are confusing.
    Free and Full featured.
    IAP one-off or subscription?
    Is that optional, like a tip?

Too confusing, so I nuked it.

• As far as I know the only thing that gets removed with either purchase (one-time or subscription) is the 'nag screen' . Everything else seems to be fully functional?!

• @Samu said:
    As far as I know the only thing that gets removed with either purchase (one-time or subscription) is the 'nag screen' . Everything else seems to be fully functional?!

That is good to know. I really wasn’t sure what it all meant. Nag screen is tolerable, to a point.

• edited November 2018

Updated today to v 2.2.3

. Fixed restore purchases for legacy users
    . Reduced the frequency of the support popup
    . Fixed most critical crashes
    . Fixed Classic 707 Kit

• @Samu said:
    As far as I know the only thing that gets removed with either purchase (one-time or subscription) is the 'nag screen' . Everything else seems to be fully functional?!

Hi Samuel,
    That is correct! The app is now free and exports audio just like before. All you get is the nag screen.
    Cheers

• I’m not getting any nag screen but every time I try to name a pattern or sound it crashes! I’m on an iPhone 7+. No issues with any of my other apps? This is bugging me because I like the idea of this. Anyone experiencing the same? Is there any troubleshoot for my device I should look at? This doesn’t happen very often.’

• @Morgman73 said:
    I’m not getting any nag screen but every time I try to name a pattern or sound it crashes! I’m on an iPhone 7+. No issues with any of my other apps? This is bugging me because I like the idea of this. Anyone experiencing the same? Is there any troubleshoot for my device I should look at? This doesn’t happen very often.’

. Does this happen only on a given beat, or all beats?
    . Have you tried save beat as and try again?
    . Killing the app process and relaunch may also help.

• @Morgman73 said:
    every time I try to name a pattern

Can you describe the crash with steps to reproduce when you name a pattern?

Here are a few ways you can rename patterns:
    From Sequencer:
    . Hold pattern letter and tap to reveal name, then tap with name with second finger to rename
    . Tap gear icon them tap pattern name on top

From Beat History
    . Tap Notepad then tap pattern titles to rename.

hope this helps.

• @serge Yes I’ve tried everything as far as naming, saving, exporting. Importing, every thing and aspect of the app I’ve completely investigated and tried. Every function available I played with. It crashes every time a use it. I actually payed the subscription. This is pretty terrible because I can tell that I would use this app for sure. This is coming from someone who owns every app worth having. Every DAW every synth and every efx and machine. I’ve restarted my phone and the app and same results.

• edited December 2018

@Morgman73
    Can you describe your process and workflow? Which sounds are you renaming?
    This is most likely to do with the file format and length of your 'User Sounds' as well as 'Permissions' from the DAW or previous system.

What are you using to export your sounds?
    Instead of renaming sound in the app, try
    . ( share/export) from the ( sounds ) /kit editor in pads or keyboard view "on the right when you scroll".
    . Hit (replace sound) with the new one you just exported into "my recordings".

Recommendations:
    . Remove your previous sounds and export sounds in a different format. High quality mono or stereo *.mp3, *.m4a, *.Wav in 16Bit 44Khz is preferred "24-32 bit will most likely crash your system".
    . Reinstall app
    . Copy new sounds "Try with one sound first."

Please send over some of your sounds to [email protected] to get help reproducing your issue.

Hope this helps.

Hint!
    My advice is to batch export your user sounds in a format you know works and will not create complications in terms of permissions.
    Also, If you rename your new files like: P1___filename.wav, P2___filename.mp3, P3___filename.m4a for examples..
    The text P# with thee underscores will not show in the app and will instead assign to a pad color and instrument groups automatically.

For examples:
    P1___ Kick Drums
    P2___ Bass Sounds
    P3___ Snare claps
    P4___ Loop, Instrumentals
    P5___ Percussion
    P6___ Hi Hat Cymbals
    P7___ Lead Synth, Instruments
    P8___ SFX, Hits

• edited December 2018

@CracklePot said:
    The terms are confusing.
    Free and Full featured.

That's exactly right... TIP for updates.
    If you don't want to support updates, close the support popup. That simple!

There are no other limitations other than one internal AD!
    The app is already being too generous.

Hope this helps

• edited December 2018

@Morgman73 I think I have spotted your crashes. This seems to happen when you drag clips from tape, then rename. Or record/replace more than one sound then rename.

Here is a fix/workaround:
    . In (sounds), select pad you wish to rename and hit ( share/export) into my recordings
    . Replace pad with the sound you just exported. Otherwise, just leave the sound name as default "clip"

Here is another way!
    . Instead of dragging clips to pads, Tap options and Hit Share/Export.
    . Name your sound as desired and Hit, 'Into a pad'
    . Hit the Pad number to preview the sound you wish to replace..
    . Hit replace

Let me know how this goes for you.

Hope this helps

• @serge said:

@CracklePot said:
    The terms are confusing.
    Free and Full featured.

That's exactly right... TIP for updates.
    If you don't want to support updates, close the support popup. That simple!

There are no other limitations other than one internal AD!
    The app is already being too generous.

Hope this helps

Yes, very helpful! :)
    Reinstall commencing. B)

• An update has been sent to the store ( v. 2.2.5 )
    . Fixes rename pad crash.
    . Fixes pad saving issues.
    . Fixed Classic 707 kit issue where it would sound very low due to filtering.

@CracklePot I have updated the promo text to be more clear in regards to the IAPs.
    let me know what you think and if I should change anything. Thank you in advance!

Fingerbeat is the new retro! Now 100% free & fully featured. No limits!
    If you enjoy this generous app, feel free to tip for updates, completely optional!

• THIS APP IS SO WORTH IT!

The best set of factory one shots sample banks and features for fun creative performance since TRIQ TRAQ!

EXCEPT THIS IS WAY BETTER DUE TO ITS WILD TAPE PLAYER recorder and note edit options and waveform display edit capabilities.

IF IT GETS MIDI AND LINK THIS APP WILL BE top 10 on App Store for ages!

MUST BUY APP

• @RUST( i )K said:
    THIS APP IS SO WORTH IT!

The best set of factory one shots sample banks and features for fun creative performance since TRIQ TRAQ!

EXCEPT THIS IS WAY BETTER DUE TO ITS WILD TAPE PLAYER recorder and note edit options and waveform display edit capabilities.

IF IT GETS MIDI AND LINK THIS APP WILL BE top 10 on App Store for ages!

MUST BUY APP

Sequencer + Sounds + Tape player = FUN

• Hi @Morgman73s

The latest update ( 2.2.5 ) is now live. Let me know if this fixes your crashes.
    Please consider changing your 1* review. It really hurts the app.

Hope this helps.

• @serge said:
    An update has been sent to the store ( v. 2.2.5 )
    . Fixes rename pad crash.
    . Fixes pad saving issues.
    . Fixed Classic 707 kit issue where it would sound very low due to filtering.

@CracklePot I have updated the promo text to be more clear in regards to the IAPs.
    let me know what you think and if I should change anything. Thank you in advance!

Fingerbeat is the new retro! Now 100% free & fully featured. No limits!
    If you enjoy this generous app, feel free to tip for updates, completely optional!

I think the new IAP description is easy to understand.
    I must say, I am really enjoying this app. The included sounds are excellent, and the range of features is great.

Left you a 5-star rating. Thank you for the excellent support.
    B)

• Thank you for your help and insights! Enjoy!

| like us on facebook | follow us on twitter |

• edited December 2018

@serge Still crashes when I import any sample from anywhere in any format. I’ve reset my 7+, reinstalled the app, tried from everywhere. No dice. This is frustrating. The app has been paid for and it is not due to user errors.

• edited December 2018

@Morgman73

Are you on version 2.2.5?

• Is it possible to have a signature in this forum?
    Need one that demands a proper App Store link for any mentioned / reviewed / recommended App.

FingerBeat by Sergio Barbosa
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fingerbeat/id321464820?l=en&mt=8

Indeed the IAP are confusing.
    It seems, they are just 2 ways to support further development.
    But this is not explicitly stated.

• edited December 2018

@tja said:
    It seems, they are just 2 ways to support further development.>

Thank you for your reply! Do you think there should be a third option?

Here is the latest Appstore promo text:

Fingerbeat is now 100% FREE and fully featured! No export limitations!
    If you think the App is generous, please consider supporting using any of the IAP options.

fingerbeat.com

• @serge said:

@tja said:
    It seems, they are just 2 ways to support further development.>

Thank you for your reply! Do you think there should be a third option?

Here is the latest Appstore promo text:

Fingerbeat is now 100% FREE and fully featured! No export limitations!
    If you think the App is generous, please consider supporting using any of the IAP options.

fingerbeat.com

As you can read above, people get confused by the way you are stating things!

“free and fully featured” even confused more than the 2 IAP.

Why not make this more easy understandable?

“Fingerbeat is now 100% free. If you want to support further development, you can either buy an IAP or subscribe to support us. This give no additional features, as all feature are included in the free App.”

Of course, this could be formulated in a better way.

No questions anymore, no confusion.