Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster One v1.3 Universal live

18910111214»

Comments

• edited February 2020

@kv331audio_bulent

Align the left edge of AMP with the left edge of ARP to make it look neater. You may have to decrease the width of FX and increase the width of ARP a bit to align their vertical separator lines

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    Two new AU interfaces for 11 inch iPads:

Tested with BM3, GarageBand, AUM, Cubase2, Cubase3, Nanostudio, all working perfectly.

😘😘🤣🤣🤣

• edited February 2020

v.1.3.7 is now uploaded to TestFlight, waiting for Apple's review. Here's the change log:

Bug Fixes:

1. Tapping on treeview control's items select the incorrect node
    2. Analog synth tunings are one semitone down
    3. When user synchronizes favourite presets to the cloud, the favourite presets list is cleared until the next run

New Features:

1. Added new AUv3 skins for 11 inch and 12.9 inch iPads
    2. Added MIDI learn for discrete controls
    3. Added MIDI learn for modulation amount knobs
    4. Added context menu for modulation amount knobs
    5. Favourite icon is now displayed next to the preset name
    6. Piano keyboard is now showing notes triggered from MIDI input devices
  • edited February 2020

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    v.1.3.7 is now uploaded to TestFlight, waiting for Apple's review. Here's the change log:

Bug Fixes:

3. When user synchronizes favourite presets to the cloud, the favourite presets list is cleared until the next run

New Features:

6. Piano keyboard is now showing notes triggered from MIDI input .

No full screen in standalone? 😊 Nice update by the way

There is an issue on iPad Pro 11.
    When you go to the section where you can choose “synth”, “modmatrix”.
    If you tap on modmatrix, it shows you the preset info instead.
    And if you tap on preset info, SynthMaster One would crash

• edited February 2020

@kv331audio_bulent

1. In AU, going to settings page also crashes SM1. However, the left and right arrow keys work fine without crashing for now.

2. In the 6-octave keyboard, the last octave is shown as a black space and no keys on the far right on Pro 11”.

3. These 6-octave keys are too many, too narrow, not usable and animations are barely visible. Just display 3 octaves with wider keys and animations will be visible clearly.

4. Can you display the 3 keyboards in expanded mode to extend the octave range in AU? Place another Expand button on the expanded keyboard and tapping it should bring up the extra 2 keyboards pop up on the top where we can play in the extended octave range and show playback animations.

5. Half screen in AU has empty spaces on either side. You could display the same top and middle sections of the synth areas (as displayed in full screen) while scrolling horizontally as page 1 and 2 that would would look consistent and fit the screen end-to-end just as they do in full screen mode.

6. If we tap Cubasis keyboard icon in Cubasis toolbar while in full screen mode, Cubasis keyboard opens but the layout is messed up on the top (below the Cubasis toolbar) where it shows SM1 - shows the Cubasis 2nd toolbar, part of Arranger, etc. When this mess up happens, Cubasis keyboard is standard height resulting is some gap on the top showing 2nd toolbar, arranger, etc. When not messed up, Cubasis keyboard is taller with no gap on the top.

7. Waveform graph does not display in AU mode. It displays in standalone while twisting the Index knob. In AU, twisting the Index knob switches to FX tab for some reason.

8. Menus should be left open while touching the keyboard (like it used to be previously). This will be helpful in sound design without having to re-navigate the drill down menus for each tap which would be frustrating and workflow killer. This was a major pain point for Brice which was resolved but broken recently.

9. In standalone, the last keys on the the middle and top keyboards do not play sounds.

10. On iPhone 6s, the last key on the bottom keyboard does not play sound.

11. Standalone has empty spaces on the sides on 11”. The UI could be just stretched to occupy full screen if possible (no need to change the layout if it is too much work).

Since 1.3.7 is the last major update, knocking all these issues out now would be ideal.

• @kv331audio_bulent

Also found in standalone - keys are getting stuck/depressed and no sound from them after that happens. To reproduce this, change the scale and glide the finger over the keys - some keys will get depressed/stuck and no sound from them and cannot be made normal. (This issue was also noticed in SMP a while back).

Need a way to delete imported waveforms and scales.

• @MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

Also found in standalone - keys are getting stuck/depressed and no sound from them after that happens. To reproduce this, change the scale and glide the finger over the keys - some keys will get depressed/stuck and no sound from them and cannot be made normal. (This issue was also noticed in SMP a while back).

Can not reproduce. Are you using an external MIDI controller?

• edited February 2020

@MobileMusic said:
    These 6-octave keys are too many, too narrow, not usable and animations are barely visible. Just display 3 octaves with wider keys and animations will be visible clearly.

The function of the 6 octave keyboard is to display the notes that are playing. If you wanna play something in AU mode you can either

a) switch to the DAW's keyboard
    b) press xpand button and play with th 3 octave keyboard.

@MobileMusic said:
    Can you display the 3 keyboards in expanded mode to extend the octave range in AU? Place another Expand button on the expanded keyboard and tapping it should bring up the extra 2 keyboards pop up on the top where we can play in the extended octave range and show playback animations.

I can't do that in the near future.

Half screen in AU has empty spaces on either side. You could display the same top and middle sections of the synth areas (as displayed in full screen) while scrolling horizontally as page 1 and 2 that would would look consistent and fit the screen end-to-end just as they do in full screen mode.

Which DAW? Which device size? iPad 11 ? I can't optimize for every single resolution provided by any DAW, I did my best so far and I have to move back to desktop development -SynthMaster 2.x/3- next week.

• edited February 2020

@kv331audio_bulent I read the manual but this is still not clear. What does the long press and drag to color the collar of the knob do? I assume its probably some lfo range, but nothing in the mod matrix or lfo updates so I'm wondering what is that range indicated by the hold+drag of the knobs do?

• edited February 2020

@kv331audio_bulent said:

Half screen in AU has empty spaces on either side. You could display the same top and middle sections of the synth areas (as displayed in full screen) while scrolling horizontally as page 1 and 2 that would would look consistent and fit the screen end-to-end just as they do in full screen mode.

Which DAW? Which device size? iPad 11 ? I can't optimize for every single resolution provided by any DAW, I did my best so far and I have to move back to desktop development -SynthMaster 2.x/3- next week.

All testing was done on Cubasis 2 on iPad Pro 11” and iOS 12 and iPhone 6s.

This screenshot is for #5 and #6 (numbered above). In half screen mode, it is using old layout. If you add Mod Env section to page one and ARP section to page two (in half screen mode), it would stretch end to end and look consistent with full screen mode. Also see the mess below the Cubasis toolbar when we tap Cubasis keyboard icon from full screen mode -

• edited February 2020

@kv331audio_bulent

This is for #11 (standalone on Pro 11”). Just stretch the UI to fit the screen - no need to change the layout if it is too much work.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

• edited February 2020

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

Can not reproduce. Are you using an external MIDI controller?

No external controller used. No need to change any scale - just keep playing until the keys get stuck as under
    (also covers #7, #8, #9, #10)

• @jenkweb said:
    @kv331audio_bulent I read the manual but this is still not clear. What does the long press and drag to color the collar of the knob do? I assume its probably some lfo range, but nothing in the mod matrix or lfo updates so I'm wondering what is that range indicated by the hold+drag of the knobs do?

It interacts with the amount knobs in the modulator and (if applied) the mod matrix to give a lot of flexibility to the amount/range of modulation. Try applying an LFO to a parameter and adjust the parameter range (long press/drag) and the LFO amount (termed “Volume” but is typically called “Amount”) and see what you get.

• edited February 2020

@anickt said:

@jenkweb said:

It interacts with the amount knobs in the modulator and (if applied) the mod matrix to give a lot of flexibility to the amount/range of modulation. Try applying an LFO to a parameter and adjust the parameter range (long press/drag) and the LFO amount (termed “Volume” but is typically called “Amount”) and see what you get.

I think he meant to say the knobs in Mod Matrix do not sync on twisting corresponding knob in the synth area and vice versa

• @MobileMusic said:

@anickt said:

@jenkweb said:

I think he meant to say the knobs in Mod Matrix do not sync on twisting corresponding knob in the synth area and vice versa

They are separate controls. If you hold and drag on the parameter all the way counter clockwise and then adjust the amount in the mod matrix it will adjust the range of the effect. The gray ring will vary from fully around the knob to a smaller range.

• @anickt thanks. I was messing with this and seems mod matrix takes priority with full range but collar range can affect that somehow, affecting the volume of lfo but actually separate control from lfo. I will give it another go. Thanks.

• @kv331audio_bulent Thanks for the 1.3.7 beta.
    I tested it and found few things. I have videos recorded also (because I don't know how TestFlight works - may be short screen records is more useful)
    Where is better to send them?

• edited February 2020

@roman_ch said:
    @kv331audio_bulent Thanks for the 1.3.7 beta.
    I tested it and found few things. I have videos recorded also (because I don't know how TestFlight works - may be short screen records is more useful)
    Where is better to send them?

If screenshots, drag and drop into the editor here while posting comment.
    If videos, upload to YouTube using iMovie.

• edited February 2020

@kv331audio_bulent
    There are 5 videos and 2 screenshots. Hope it helps.

In short:
    1. choosing two last items in menu cause App crash
    2. 12'9 can't open LFO panels
    3. chorus FX controls elements seems disabled (or has no effect) in 12'9
    4. some items in dropdown menu show wrong panels.

( If you understand what I mean, then not need to watch videos. )_

1. I switch menu panels using "left" "right" buttons, all ok
      Then I tried to choose item on dropdown list, and it causes app crash

1. I can't activate LFO panel in 12'9 UI. In smaller UI all ok, but 12'9 shows me the issue: button changes its color to "on" , but panel is still closed.

2. 12'9 FX panel Chorus FX doesn't work (changes doesn't change anything) - Long video, because I show all other FXes worked

3. Chorus is OK in smaller UI size.

4. Mod matrix menu shows another panel

5. 12'9 LFO panel problem (two buttons pressed).
      L

BTW - this idea to put all modulation windows in the one layout is awesome!!! Great!!!
    Good luck

• I will fix them tomorrow!

• edited February 2020

@kv331audio_bulent

Waveform and Wavetable currently do not indicate which one is selected. When we tap on them, their menu pops up but doesn’t drill down to highlight the selected item (like it highlights in Scale and Mod Matrix Source, Target menus) leaving us clueless. I suggested this before and you can see it at the end in my video -

LAST ONE

Whatever happened to Ratings on a scale of 1-5 for presets? Currently, it is just Favorites and no way to indicate one is better than others. You could add the rating to Attributes tab with a default value of 1 for all presets (see the free Factory synth) and a Filter by Rating in the Browser (below Bank list), Sort by Name/Rating switch and also prefix the Rating to each preset in the list. Maybe you could implement this in the future by merging Favorites and Ratings into a single field and added to preset list as a color-coded star based on rating or as an extra field. With 1300 presets and dozens/hundreds of favorites, ratings would be more useful than favorites.

• @MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

I was able to reproduce it only once randomly, but still no 100% reproduceable case possible. Once I figure out I'll fix it.

• Hi guys,

v.1.3.7 update (build 8741, Feb 19) is now available on the AppStore

New Features:

6. Piano keyboard is now showing notes triggered from MIDI input devices
    7. OSC/LFO waveform menus now drill down to show the selected waveform

Bug Fixes:

4. Menus should not close when user taps on the built-in keyboard
    5. Chorus bypass button not working on 12.9 inch AUv3 skin
This discussion has been closed.