Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looper that will 'set tempo by 1st loop', PLUS send (not follow) Ableton Link tempo in AUM?

2»

Comments

• @Michael : an option to set the number of measures that WILL be represented by the first loop would be great.

• The Digitech trio+ looper pedal has a button that lets you toggle double and half time, in addition to the guessed time. This means you can almost always get the right tempo, even when it guesses wrong.

• As a follow up to this thread, I decided I'd get Loopy HD, and spent a couple of hours working my head around it's features. I was able to make a freeform loop establish a tempo, and have AUM and soft drummer immediately fall into line. Which is a great feeling!

But the next morning, lo and behold, Group the Loop included the feature on it's latest beta! So I'm pretty happy about that :)

I could have saved myself $9 if I'd waited 12 hours, but I'm sure Loopy will have its uses for me too, as it's such a different beast to GTL, and both have their strong suits.

• @SimonSomeone said:

@RenattoVaz said:
    Quantiloop PRO is the best one for it, because it allows to record in serial mode intending to play A/B parts. Other advantage is undo/redo synced and multi outputs. Loopy HD is close to Quantiloop and has more pleasant UI, but doesn’t have undo/redo and no serial recording. Group The Loop is nice, but unfortunately doesn’t have free recording for first loop to set the tempo.

I always try to test other options, but every time I’ve come back to Quantiloop pro. If Loopy HD have Serial mode recording, certainly will be the best!

This is one of the reasons I primarily use GTL, and haven't got into Loopy before. I always use serial looping, and GTL seems to go the furthest in this. I did have a play around with Quantiloop, I have the free version, but I like to have 3 or 4 parts, not just 2

Also GTL does have free loops for the first recording, just not when synced via Link... but maybe that's what you meant.

@RenattoVaz said:
    Quantiloop PRO is the best one for it, because it allows to record in serial mode intending to play A/B parts. Other advantage is undo/redo synced and multi outputs. Loopy HD is close to Quantiloop and has more pleasant UI, but doesn’t have undo/redo and no serial recording. Group The Loop is nice, but unfortunately doesn’t have free recording for first loop to set the tempo.

I always try to test other options, but every time I’ve come back to Quantiloop pro. If Loopy HD have Serial mode recording, certainly will be the best!

I know I tend to be a heavy Loopy aficionado, but you can use Loopy in Serial mode using the advanced midi mapping functions
    (Record/Mute/Record Next track, ... that kind of thing)

• @SimonSomeone said:
    As a follow up to this thread, I decided I'd get Loopy HD, and spent a couple of hours working my head around it's features. I was able to make a freeform loop establish a tempo, and have AUM and soft drummer immediately fall into line. Which is a great feeling!

But the next morning, lo and behold, Group the Loop included the feature on it's latest beta! So I'm pretty happy about that :)

I could have saved myself $9 if I'd waited 12 hours, but I'm sure Loopy will have its uses for me too, as it's such a different beast to GTL, and both have their strong suits.

Dude, Loopy rules them all In terms of midi and audiobus integration but I do appreciate the draw towards grouping of loops ;)

• @supadom said:
    Dude, Loopy rules them all In terms of midi and audiobus integration but I do appreciate the draw towards grouping of loops ;)

The ability to name loops is nice in GTL. That's the one feature I really wish Loopy had.

• @wim said:

@supadom said:

The ability to name loops is nice in GTL. That's the one feature I really wish Loopy had.

I keep trying to remember what’s what in an effort to fend off dementia..how futile is that? :)

• @supadom said:

GTL has great midi integration as well, plus the ability to use keystrokes as well as CC. Pretty much anything can be controlled. And while I'll probably find some cool stuff in Loopy, the structured approach of GTL make it more suitable for song structure stuff. Including 4 individually mutable loops per group without need to overdub, a master group that'll play behind all other groups, and a UI that supports this approach and makes it clear where you are and what you're doing.

I think Loopy HD is behind in this aspect, but probably ahead in intuitive freeform jamming stuff. Which is where most people seem to be aiming for with looping, but not me!

• edited February 2020

@SimonSomeone said:
    GTL has great midi integration as well, plus the ability to use keystrokes as well as CC. Pretty much anything can be controlled.

hmm, as a Loopy fan boy 😉 I’ll point out that keystrokes ( if you mean using an actual qwerty keyboard?) were in Loopy for a very long time, maybe even before MIDI on iOS was even documented. And “control anything” with MIDI notes and CC has been in Loopy forever as well.

Its really up to deciding what type of interface and setup works for each of us. Loopy and GTL seem to approach looping from two completely opposite directions, even though there is a lot of overlap in the basic functions of the two apps.

Personally, I think I like Loopy so much because it always felt fun, and just sparked my imagination for creativity. I spent so much time in it, I just never had any desire to look into other options.

For sure, the grouping aspect for song structure in GTL is a big feature that sets it apart. To do something similar with Loopy requires time setting up routing through a third-party MIDI control app, definitely not just ready to go.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

The biggest plus for me in Loopy over GTL is the easy ability to adjust the loop start position with a simple twist. That said, I like them both in different ways.

I’d love for them both to have a way to trim loop start point and end.