Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vesuvius Sampler by Cristian Kreindler

Comments

• Not available in Sweden either...

• not in Finland either

• @Dubik said:

@Jhnk said:
    Hello @Dubik , nice app. I have a bit of problem setting up a midi controller. I am trying to map my sensel morph to vesuvius and it mostly seems to work well. It’s the ‘func’ button I have a problem with. When I press the button on my morph (ch.3 Note. A#5) the ‘func’ button is toggled on permanently (rather than just for the duration of the press, like with the touch control). When I press the the button on the morph again, it does not toggle off. This means that once the function button is engaged, I cannot turn it off again unless I touch the screen. I have tried mapping other MIDI notes and MIDI cc but get the same behavior.

@Jhnk thanks for bringing this to my attention, I will look into it and fix it.
    Currently I'm working on the iOS 13 crashes and hope to have an update fixing all these problems soon.

A long time of silence........Is there still development for Vesuvius? Or has it erupted?

• @Pierre118 said:

@Dubik said:

@Jhnk said:
    Hello @Dubik , nice app. I have a bit of problem setting up a midi controller. I am trying to map my sensel morph to vesuvius and it mostly seems to work well. It’s the ‘func’ button I have a problem with. When I press the button on my morph (ch.3 Note. A#5) the ‘func’ button is toggled on permanently (rather than just for the duration of the press, like with the touch control). When I press the the button on the morph again, it does not toggle off. This means that once the function button is engaged, I cannot turn it off again unless I touch the screen. I have tried mapping other MIDI notes and MIDI cc but get the same behavior.

@Jhnk thanks for bringing this to my attention, I will look into it and fix it.
    Currently I'm working on the iOS 13 crashes and hope to have an update fixing all these problems soon.

A long time of silence........Is there still development for Vesuvius? Or has it erupted?

Next Up Pompeii.

• @White said:
    Not available in Denmark

and the UK why?

• @lasselu said:
    Not available in Sweden either...

Not in US

• Well shit. Hopefully it shows back up again but I guess it’s telling that I haven’t had it installed on my iPad for some time now

• Not available in Spain and it doesn’t appears at my iPad bought apps. Strange

• Hi Guys and Christian !

What happened to this app ? It seems to not open and run anymore and even worst we can’t find it in the appstore. Why is Vesuvius removed ? Is there a way to get a refund if this app is over even 4 months later ? How to contact the Dev or Apple to get the refund ?

@Dubik said:
    Hi Guys,

I'm Cristian Kreindler, I developed Vesuvius Sampler.
    I'm glad you made this thread and first of all, I'd like to apologize for the bugs that went unnoticed in this release.
    I already fixed some and when I fix all the bugs I am aware of I'll submit an update.

I'd like to address some issues you mentioned:

• sample rate/ lo-fi mojo: it is true that it sounds in a special way so I'm working on this issue but it isn't trivial to get right
    • the cycle button does have a bug, it's fixed now and will work in the next update.
    • the automation recording IS a little weird, I'll look into this problem
    • step record mode isn't implemented yet
    • files app will be added in a future update
    • more sample editing features are planned

Thanks for sharing your experiences and impressions, as well as the bugs, it really helps us a lot.

The app doesn't have many beta testers (hence the bugs), so I would also like to invite any of you who is interested to join the beta testing team, just PM me the email address you use for your Apple account and I'll ad you to the Testflight list.

I'll keep watching this thread, so please feel free to write here, any observation/bug/idea etc about the Vesuvius Sampler...

cheers

PS don't worry about trouble from Korg, I contacted them to check if they're OK and they are(unofficially).

• Vesuvius is back on the AppStore!

• Has anyone got this and have an opinion on it? Can't find much apart from copy pasted press releases... Or do @Dubik plans still stand or is there new information?

Guess it could just have disappeared for a bit due to lapsed developer subscription.

Looks really interesting...

• @Krupa said:
    Has anyone got this and have an opinion on it? Can't find much apart from copy pasted press releases... Or do @Dubik plans still stand or is there new information?

Guess it could just have disappeared for a bit due to lapsed developer subscription.

Looks really interesting...

Haven’t heard from the developer in a minute and it still crashes quite a bit for me. Plus the risk of it disappearing from the App Store again

• Thanks Jack, that's good information 👍

• @Krupa said:
    Thanks Jack, that's good information 👍

Haven’t pushed it enough to crash (latest iOS, 10.5 pro)
    But it’s neat. I gave my hardware one to my kid, and this app makes me feel fine about that...

• edited February 2020

Ack, also good information 🤣

Thanks @Littlewoodg

• Here’s a youtube video. I have no idea whats going on but video looks helpful. Does anyone know if samples can be triggered manually?

• edited February 2020

@Dubik lots of crashing using Audiocopy. Hope this gets fixed & can you add files app access & Audioshare for importing samples

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Krupa said:

But it’s neat. I gave my hardware one to my kid, and this app makes me feel fine about that...

@Littlewoodg i get crashes on ios13 trying to import samples from the dreaded Audiocopy. Can i ask what you use to import samples?

• edited February 2020

@stormbeats said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Krupa said:

@Littlewoodg i get crashes on ios13 trying to import samples from the dreaded Audiocopy. Can i ask what you use to import samples?

I don’t us the actual AudioCopy app (maybe you’re not either) but I haven’t had crashes when pasting something from AudioShare to “General Pasteboard”
    I think this route only works if you don’t have the AudioCopy app on your device (which you might not)

• @Littlewoodg said:

@stormbeats said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Krupa said:

I don’t us the actual AudioCopy app (maybe you’re not either) but I haven’t had crashes when pasting something from AudioShare to “General Pasteboard”
    I think this route only works if you don’t have the AudioCopy app on your device (which you might not)

@Littlewoodg ok thanks for info

• Hi guys, sorry for the long silence and the disappearance from the Appstore (which was due to an expiring subscription combined with moving to another country which deadlocked my account until someone from Apple manually processed my situation...).
    I didn't abandon Vesuvius, I just got delayed by the other projects we're working on.
    Everything I promised is going to get done this spring.
    The iOS 13 crash revealed a pretty deep problem that I have to fix (actually update some outdated code) and it will be fixed soon.

Also, thanks to everyone who sent me their emails for beta-testing, I'll make a beta test version as soon as I have the fix and you'll be notified (around the beginning of March).

• Thanks @Dubik

Good to hear that the development of Vesuvius continues, it's a very good app! Hope to welcome the updates soon.

• And again a long silence.......what's the status of the promised Vesuvius updates? @Dubik

• @Dubik I’ve just been wondering about this one again, any news, hope all is well!

• @Krupa said:
    @Dubik I’ve just been wondering about this one again, any news, hope all is well!

+1 @Dubik

• @Pierre118 said:

@Krupa said:
    @Dubik I’ve just been wondering about this one again, any news, hope all is well!

+1 @Dubik

+1

• @Dubik +1.
    Btw si this renewed interest based on the Volca Sample Ver.2 being announced?

• @bato said:
    @Dubik +1.
    Btw si this renewed interest based on the Volca Sample Ver.2 being announced?

Wait
    What... didnt know that
    I almost bought a used v1 these days. Good thing I didn't lol

• This is still likely better than Sample for me, once it get Files.app support.