Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vesuvius Sampler by Cristian Kreindler

Comments

• I’m def skeptical of this one

• Hi Guys,

I'm Cristian Kreindler, I developed Vesuvius Sampler.
    I'm glad you made this thread and first of all, I'd like to apologize for the bugs that went unnoticed in this release.
    I already fixed some and when I fix all the bugs I am aware of I'll submit an update.

I'd like to address some issues you mentioned:

• sample rate/ lo-fi mojo: it is true that it sounds in a special way so I'm working on this issue but it isn't trivial to get right
    • the cycle button does have a bug, it's fixed now and will work in the next update.
    • the automation recording IS a little weird, I'll look into this problem
    • step record mode isn't implemented yet
    • files app will be added in a future update
    • more sample editing features are planned

Thanks for sharing your experiences and impressions, as well as the bugs, it really helps us a lot.

The app doesn't have many beta testers (hence the bugs), so I would also like to invite any of you who is interested to join the beta testing team, just PM me the email address you use for your Apple account and I'll ad you to the Testflight list.

I'll keep watching this thread, so please feel free to write here, any observation/bug/idea etc about the Vesuvius Sampler...

cheers

PS don't worry about trouble from Korg, I contacted them to check if they're OK and they are(unofficially).

• edited October 2019

@Dubik said:
    Hi Guys,

I'm Cristian Kreindler, I developed Vesuvius Sampler.
    I'm glad you made this thread and first of all, I'd like to apologize for the bugs that went unnoticed in this release.
    I already fixed some and when I fix all the bugs I am aware of I'll submit an update.

I'd like to address some issues you mentioned:

• sample rate/ lo-fi mojo: it is true that it sounds in a special way so I'm working on this issue but it isn't trivial to get right
    • the cycle button does have a bug, it's fixed now and will work in the next update.
    • the automation recording IS a little weird, I'll look into this problem
    • step record mode isn't implemented yet
    • files app will be added in a future update
    • more sample editing features are planned

Thanks for sharing your experiences and impressions, as well as the bugs, it really helps us a lot.

The app doesn't have many beta testers (hence the bugs), so I would also like to invite any of you who is interested to join the beta testing team, just PM me the email address you use for your Apple account and I'll ad you to the Testflight list.

I'll keep watching this thread, so please feel free to write here, any observation/bug/idea etc about the Vesuvius Sampler...

cheers

PS don't worry about trouble from Korg, I contacted them to check if they're OK and they are(unofficially).

Awesome 👏 I look forward to how your app evolves!

• @Dubik Good to see you here and welcome to the Forum. Congrats on your app, very interesting. I think you'll find folks here to be a good resource :)

• KORG should make all the volcas as app and Gadgets.............hint..hint

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    KORG should make all the volcas as app and Gadgets.............hint..hint

Yepp, I have the Volca Bass and Volca Drum but they eat batteries for breakfast :)
    I may end up getting another Volca and a Volca Mix that can power up to 3 Volcas...

But I'm more leaning towards keeping everything in the box (or in the Pad).

• edited October 2019

@Samu said:

@oldschoolwillie said:
    KORG should make all the volcas as app and Gadgets.............hint..hint

Yepp, I have the Volca Bass and Volca Drum but they eat batteries for breakfast :)
    I may end up getting another Volca and a Volca Mix that can power up to 3 Volcas...

But I'm more leaning towards keeping everything in the box (or in the Pad).

I wrote the KORG support a request email for
    separate AUv3 gadgets, the same way they have on desktop in VST format
    AUv3 support overall, for synths and effects
    fix MIDI file import, which is broken
    A comprehensive sampler gadget that import .wav files and has a stellar audio file editor like in Beatmaker 3.
    So we will see what happens. we have to communicate with the devs.

• Hello @Dubik , nice app. I have a bit of problem setting up a midi controller. I am trying to map my sensel morph to vesuvius and it mostly seems to work well. It’s the ‘func’ button I have a problem with. When I press the button on my morph (ch.3 Note. A#5) the ‘func’ button is toggled on permanently (rather than just for the duration of the press, like with the touch control). When I press the the button on the morph again, it does not toggle off. This means that once the function button is engaged, I cannot turn it off again unless I touch the screen. I have tried mapping other MIDI notes and MIDI cc but get the same behavior.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@syrupcore said:
    This looks fantastic as a sample set organizer for the hardware. Even ignoring all of the other features, seems this is worth the asking price for Volca Sample owners.

I love that it has trim and normalize built-in. vosyr (desktop app) is really great for managing samples but I find the need to go and edit stuff outside of the app every time I put a sample set together.

Would love to see even more sample processing built-in like sample speed (for maximizing memory) and a compressor/limiter. Caustic's editor has a ton of processing but it's one sample at a time.

Browse and import from internal sample library, iTunes shared folder, Dropbox and AudioCopy

Anyone know if it supports Files app or at least works as a target for 'Open in'?

Doesn’t look like file app support is in place to what i can see.

Shame. I'm looking for a sampler app with built-i access to the Files App, if that's possible. EG Pulse and DigiStix are nice, but it's a massive pain to load samples because you can't easily preview them. Loading stuff nice and painlessly is what a sampling app needs, even more than tons of great functions. At the very least, solid access to AudioShare is a must. I've got lots of samples but don't often use them because it's such a pain to work with them in iPadOS (or any Apple OS).

• @audio_DT said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@syrupcore said:
    This looks fantastic as a sample set organizer for the hardware. Even ignoring all of the other features, seems this is worth the asking price for Volca Sample owners.

I love that it has trim and normalize built-in. vosyr (desktop app) is really great for managing samples but I find the need to go and edit stuff outside of the app every time I put a sample set together.

Would love to see even more sample processing built-in like sample speed (for maximizing memory) and a compressor/limiter. Caustic's editor has a ton of processing but it's one sample at a time.

Browse and import from internal sample library, iTunes shared folder, Dropbox and AudioCopy

Anyone know if it supports Files app or at least works as a target for 'Open in'?

Shame. I'm looking for a sampler app with built-i access to the Files App, if that's possible. EG Pulse and DigiStix are nice, but it's a massive pain to load samples because you can't easily preview them. Loading stuff nice and painlessly is what a sampling app needs, even more than tons of great functions. At the very least, solid access to AudioShare is a must. I've got lots of samples but don't often use them because it's such a pain to work with them in iPadOS (or any Apple OS).

Good news is file app is on the list for this one.

• @audio_DT said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@syrupcore said:

BeatHawk is the only Auv3 drummer with this ability.
    You can also browse through samples of the same folder by taping on next and previous without the need to always open the browser.
    The only downside to this app is that for you to transfer folders to the app, you need to do it with iTunes.
    But you can use iOS Audio Copy function to transfer single samples.

• @Paa89 said:

The only downside to this app is that for you to transfer folders to the app, you need to do it with iTunes.

If I recall correctly it's possible to import zip files into BeatHawk as well.

• @Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

If I recall correctly it's possible to import zip files into BeatHawk as well.

Thanks, I might give this a go. The trouble with it all on iOS, though, is that one has to replicate, say, 2GB of samples in many different places, which eats up all the storage space. I envisaged that with the advent of iPadOS these problems would disappear. I'm hoping they soon will. Beathawk looks good to some extent, then, but we're all still eagerly awaiting a properly integrated sampler app. Man, that would be something - I'm hoping the DigiStix and EG Pulse can sort something out on this front. It would make their apps _the _number one.

• @audio_DT said:
    Beathawk looks good to some extent, then, but we're all still eagerly awaiting a properly integrated sampler app. Man, that would be something - I'm hoping the DigiStix and EG Pulse can sort something out on this front. It would make their apps _the _number one.

That's true, the best we've got (in my very humble opinion) for now is BM3 where I do most of my sampling on iOS.

But sure I'd be super happy if Steinberg added the Cubase Sampler Track to Cubasis or if Ableton dropped iLive for iOS with Audio & Midi Tracks, Drum Rack and Simpler...

• @Jhnk said:
    Hello @Dubik , nice app. I have a bit of problem setting up a midi controller. I am trying to map my sensel morph to vesuvius and it mostly seems to work well. It’s the ‘func’ button I have a problem with. When I press the button on my morph (ch.3 Note. A#5) the ‘func’ button is toggled on permanently (rather than just for the duration of the press, like with the touch control). When I press the the button on the morph again, it does not toggle off. This means that once the function button is engaged, I cannot turn it off again unless I touch the screen. I have tried mapping other MIDI notes and MIDI cc but get the same behavior.

@Jhnk thanks for bringing this to my attention, I will look into it and fix it.
    Currently I'm working on the iOS 13 crashes and hope to have an update fixing all these problems soon.

• @Samu said:

@audio_DT said:
    Beathawk looks good to some extent, then, but we're all still eagerly awaiting a properly integrated sampler app. Man, that would be something - I'm hoping the DigiStix and EG Pulse can sort something out on this front. It would make their apps _the _number one.

That's true, the best we've got (in my very humble opinion) for now is BM3 where I do most of my sampling on iOS.

But sure I'd be super happy if Steinberg added the Cubase Sampler Track to Cubasis or if Ableton dropped iLive for iOS with Audio & Midi Tracks, Drum Rack and Simpler...

I've not tried BM3 since the update, mainly because of bad memories of it crashing constantly. It's definitely the best sampling environment on iOS, though, I agree.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Dubik Good to see you here and welcome to the Forum. Congrats on your app, very interesting. I think you'll find folks here to be a good resource :)

Vesuvius Sampler by Cristian Kreindler

Ditto!!!

• @Dubik said:

@Jhnk said:
    Hello @Dubik , nice app. I have a bit of problem setting up a midi controller. I am trying to map my sensel morph to vesuvius and it mostly seems to work well. It’s the ‘func’ button I have a problem with. When I press the button on my morph (ch.3 Note. A#5) the ‘func’ button is toggled on permanently (rather than just for the duration of the press, like with the touch control). When I press the the button on the morph again, it does not toggle off. This means that once the function button is engaged, I cannot turn it off again unless I touch the screen. I have tried mapping other MIDI notes and MIDI cc but get the same behavior.

@Jhnk thanks for bringing this to my attention, I will look into it and fix it.
    Currently I'm working on the iOS 13 crashes and hope to have an update fixing all these problems soon.

Great and thanks! glad to know it’s not just me being shit at midi!

• Nice app. I played around a bit and now it will not start anymore. I can see the startupscreen with the logo but then it seems to crash.

• @eos said:
    Nice app. I played around a bit and now it will not start anymore. I can see the startupscreen with the logo but then it seems to crash.

I know the dev is working on some some fixes. Are you on ios 13?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@eos said:
    Nice app. I played around a bit and now it will not start anymore. I can see the startupscreen with the logo but then it seems to crash.

I know the dev is working on some some fixes. Are you on ios 13?

I had to delete it and reinstall to get it to work again. It would just open loading screen and immediately crash before. Seems fine for now.

• Please please please add access to files... 🙏

• Not available in my country or region? (US of A) :|

• Same here, UK...

• edited January 2020

@Krupa @Dubik same here also uk app not available

• Same here in France.

• Not available in my country. I live in the UK is this a fault?

• Not available in Denmark