Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Studiomux

13»

Comments

• @ruizcomposer said:
    After a couple of days with studiomux I sadly have to say that it is extremely unstable with my system: ipad pro IOS 11.1.2 and Macbookpro OS10.11.6- logic pro
    The driver disconnects at times, Logic gets frozen, studiomux gets corrupted and must be downloaded again... a nightmare not to mention completely useless in gigs...
    I may proccess logic tracks within the ipad and record them in Logic using just Studiomux, without great danger but when the routing gets more complex including AB3 o AUM it becomes a nightmare.
    Besides of that, I do think that I can't use my Apogee One as mic input and send it via USB (avoid the current extra D/A A/D) to my computer because of hardware limitations: Apogee One is not class compliant and a USB Hub with CCK3 would not serve... as far as I know(never tryed though) but this is not an studiomux fault.

The latest update just dropped, and it seems to be working fine for me..........(Air 2, Win 10, Ableton 10 Beta )

• New update seems to have fixed the issue with having to reinstall it every time to get it not to crash, but now when I use audio unit instruments it wont receive midi, it doesnt with IAA, but not AU's. I'm using it with Logic Pro X.

• I'm very happy to say that the app no longer sounds like it's underwater on my computer. Yea! I knew they'd figure it out.

However, I'm kinda bummed by the performance of AUv3 instruments, in that they have really high latency of tenths of a second (and I haven't figured out how to launch them outside of studiomux and have them still work). IAA instruments seem to work best at 512 still for me, or even 1024. This is on my relatively new iPhone 8.

• edited January 2018

" I haven't figured out how to launch them outside of studiomux and have them still work"

Have you tried having everything going through AUM, and then into Studiomux, and then out to your DAW?

• So for live use, the latency and dependability may be suspect?

• @Iso said:

" I haven't figured out how to launch them outside of studiomux and have them still work"

Have you tried having everything going through AUM, and then into Studiomux, and then out to your DAW?

I hadn't. I can't get that to work, either. In AUM I add an AU synth, set the output to IAA1. In studiomux I add port 1 of AUM to channel 1. Channel 1 shows up in my DAW but no audio comes through into the PC. On the plus side, there's no performance issues.

• edited January 2018

@vitocorleone123 said:

@Iso said:

I hadn't. I can't get that to work, either. In AUM I add an AU synth, set the output to IAA1. In studiomux I add port 1 of AUM to channel 1. Channel 1 shows up in my DAW but no audio comes through into the PC. On the plus side, there's no performance issues.

Strange, it works pefectly for me (on ipad/win 10/ableton)............ maybe a re-boot, or soft re-set of your phone might sort it out?

• Hi,

New to this forum. Reacently purchased Studiomux which I’m running on iPad Mini 3 into Live 9.7 (windows 10). Everything is working fine when instantiating IAA, however, I am unable to instantiate multiple AU’s. The reason for this is that I cannot find a way to assign midi channels to the AU’s. Eg. if trying to run x2 instances of iSEM, I get each instance playing at the same time when using Ableton Push controller. Is this something I’m doing wrong, an issue with AU/PC compatibility, or something else?

Regards,
    Sparkie

• Can this route audio from apps that don't support IAA? For example BeepStreets epic but abandoned ISequence? Or Retronyms similarly epic and abandoned IMPC?

Not a huge deal if it can't but definitely a strong selling point if it did.

• I cannot for the life of me get any sound out of my iPhone using Studiomux.

iPhone 6, latest iOS
    Mac mini 2012, latest Mac OS
    Ableton Live Suite 10.0.2
    Trying to get sound out of either of the Moog Model D or Model 15 apps.

Have followed all the instructions, installed Studiomux Server, have tried both the VST and AU versions of Studiomux generator on a MIDI track in Ableton - can get no sound at all out of my phone.
    When I activate the Moog Model 15 via Studiomux it does transmit MIDI from the Model 15 keyboard on the phone - I can see the MIDI activity meters moving in Ableton - however the sound generated still comes out of the phone speaker. Is there something I need to do to route it out through the lightning cable?

When I try the same with the Model D app, I don't even get any MIDI activity, and no sound whatsoever, either via computer or phone.

Very frustrating as these apps sound fantastic and I'd love to use them properly.

• @redlester said:
    I cannot for the life of me get any sound out of my iPhone using Studiomux.

iPhone 6, latest iOS

Have followed all the instructions, installed Studiomux Server, have tried both the VST and AU versions of Studiomux generator on a MIDI track in Ableton - can get no sound at all out of my phone.
    When I activate the Moog Model 15 via Studiomux it does transmit MIDI from the Model 15 keyboard on the phone - I can see the MIDI activity meters moving in Ableton - however the sound generated still comes out of the phone speaker. Is there something I need to do to route it out through the lightning cable?

When I try the same with the Model D app, I don't even get any MIDI activity, and no sound whatsoever, either via computer or phone.

Very frustrating as these apps sound fantastic and I'd love to use them properly.

You shouldn‘t Need Studiomux for that.. just activate your IPhone in your Midi and Audio and you should be able to use IDAM. Maybe activate external Midi in the apps gut nothing more!

• @redlester said:
    I cannot for the life of me get any sound out of my iPhone using Studiomux.

iPhone 6, latest iOS

Have you selected the relevant synth in the AU/VST Generator drop down menu in Ableton?

• I have never tried it w/ Ableton. Unfortunately, the routing can be quite different depending on your DAW, and the documentation is poorly written and doesn't cover all DAWs. FWIW, here are step by step instructions that I put together for using Studiomux w/ Digital Performer. Some of it may or may not be analogously helpful in your situation. Best, Lady App.

• @OhmAgar said:
    You shouldn‘t Need Studiomux for that.. just activate your IPhone in your Midi and Audio and you should be able to use IDAM. Maybe activate external Midi in the apps gut nothing more!

Yes, I think the problem is not with Studiomux, nor Ableton, nor my phone, it's something to do with my Mac setup. Have tried just plugging the phone into USB and enabling it within the AudioMIDI setup. Am not sure - should I need to right click it and "Enable as input device" for the phone? Either way, it doesn't work. Whatever I do, I get no sound from the phone into the Mac even just playing from the Music app. Have also tried it with my wife's iPhone X and that doesn't work either.

My system is set up with my Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 interface as the default audio device. Have tried switching over the internal Mac speaker and still nothing.

Am either missing something extremely basic (I am relatively new to Mac so that is possible!) or something in my Mac Mini is not set up correctly.

• Can someone lead me to a good Studiomux tutorial video? Thanks.

• edited June 2018

@mgmg4871 said:
    Can someone lead me to a good Studiomux tutorial video? Thanks.

As far as i know there isn't a definitive video tutorial.

• @Iso said:

@mgmg4871 said:

As far as i know there isn't a definitive video tutorial.

Thank you.

• One Ableton Live tip - If you create a Folder in the User Library named Templates - you can save any Live Set there and it'll load up as a Default Set - so if you use different Audio I/O's depending on your Studiomux/Other setups - you can recall them via Templates, rather than having to change your I/O's each time you switch workflow:

• @redlester said:

My system is set up with my Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 interface as the default audio device. Have tried switching over the internal Mac speaker and still nothing.

Am either missing something extremely basic (I am relatively new to Mac so that is possible!) or something in my Mac Mini is not set up correctly.

Have you tried turning on the external Audio in Ableton?
    In Settings and Audio there should be a point "Audio Input" - switch that to iPhone and it should be working..

• @mgmg4871 said:

• I have managed to run audio from iPad apps into Reason using VST and can record this input no problem. Chase Login I can't however work out how to send midi out to IPad to control all my IOS apps.

• So if Apple get rid of iTunes will Studiomux, MidiMux and Touchable Pro still work on a Windows machine ?

Before installing studiomux please make sure, that you have installed the NET Framework 4.5 or higher and iTunes for Windows. Make sure not to install iTunes from the Windows Store. If you don't want to install iTunes, please follow the guide at Copytrans.

• At the present time Apple aren’t making any changes to iTunes on Windows.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    At the present time Apple aren’t making any changes to iTunes on Windows.

@BiancaNeve That’s good news where did you read that?

it’s just affecting Macs and idevices then ?

• @Jumpercollins said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    At the present time Apple aren’t making any changes to iTunes on Windows.

@BiancaNeve That’s good news where did you read that?

it’s just affecting Macs and idevices then ?

“iTunes will remain unchanged on Windows platforms, and downloads will still be available in a sidebar on the Apple Music app for Macs.”

From the Beeb

• I believe Studiomux only needs the Bonjour protocol that is installed together with iTunes. There is a separate Bonjour installer available from Apple, so no need for iTunes. But this is just my guess, I could be wrong.

• @Phil999 said:
    I believe Studiomux only needs the Bonjour protocol that is installed together with iTunes. There is a separate Bonjour installer available from Apple, so no need for iTunes. But this is just my guess, I could be wrong.

@Phil999 Cheers wasn’t aware Bonjour was a separate item, you are correct.

• My new iPad pro not connecting to pc, don't really think it's studiomux fault, but on the web site it says don't install new iTunes in zero debug website.
    Pc and studiomux works fine with old iPad mini2, but new iPad pro not even recognised,
    Anybody have any idea or route I should take ?