Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3 book?

Hi,
There is a member here on the forum making a BM3 book :) and I'm wondering if it's available yet?
thanks

Comments

• Yes, @tk32 is and I think it is very close to first draft!

• edited February 2019

@olivegoose - Yep - it's me :)

I'm working flat out - but making great progress - I'll be posting news here on AudioBus as soon as it's ready

I've set myself a deadline that I have to finish in February - and 'hopefully' before the end of month!

• I'm so excited!
    Can't wait : )

• edited February 2019

@olivegoose - I’m glad you’re excited. Hope I can live up to your expectations :)

Out of interest... which number (above) best represents you?

• edited February 2019

@tk32 said:

@olivegoose - I’m glad you’re excited. Hope I can live up to your expectations :)

Out of interest... which number (above) best represents you?

That is a confusing thingie :)

I am def not new to iOS nor to BM3 but I am in the market for a fairy godmother full of ah-ha moments to get me where BM3 should be able to take me but hasn't quite so far etc.

• You sound like a well-travelled and experienced 5 to me then, @JohnnyGoodyear :)

You’re right though, the diagram doesn’t cover every possible type

• I’m a 5 (been with BM3 since launch day, small kine ableton and logic before that) and I’m beyond stoked for this book!

• Thanks @Gaia.Tree

For anyone who’s been using BM3 for a while but still struggling with some of the details..

I’d call these users 5++ :)

• edited February 2019

Should be good! Looking forward.

• I have to say @tk32 is one of the most active members on the Intua forum and has always been super helpful with getting others up to speed or to figure out better ways to do things in BM3. I’m confident that his experience with the product and the excellent communication on the forum (and probably discord I haven’t been on there) has been a huge influence on the book. I would encourage anybody that uses BM3 to head over there instead of only relying on Audiobus forum for information. Not dinging this forum, but you will get miles further by joining in the community there.

@tk32 I am really looking forward to purchasing!!

• Thanks @drez - really kind words. I appreciate it :)

• edited February 2019

Cheeky bastards :)

The venn diagram took about 5-10 mins in Affinity Designer

• That is a BIG book for a getting started reference.
    So will there be an 8 volume encyclopedia for the rest?

• edited February 2019

What can I say... it’s a wonderfully deep and powerful app.

The book is as long as it needs to be in order to teach everyone enough to become proficient and self-sufficient users. I’m trying to leave no stone unturned.

The only thing left for a future volume is continuing the list of workflow tricks (I call them ‘Recipes’)

...in hindsight, I may change the title. It’s become more than just a ‘Getting Started’ guide

• ...now. Back to writing.

I don’t want to be accused of wasting time on forums instead of working on the book !! :p

• @tk32 said:
    What can I say... it’s a wonderfully deep and powerful app.

The book is as long as it needs to be in order to teach everyone enough to become proficient and self-sufficient users. I’m trying to leave no stone unturned.

The only thing left for a future volume is continuing the list of workflow tricks (I call them ‘Recipes’)

...in hindsight, I may change the title. It’s become more than just a ‘Getting Started’ guide

Definitive Guide?

• TK = The Knowledge

• @tk32 said:
    I've set myself a deadline that I have to finish in February - and 'hopefully' before the end of month!

How is this book coming along, @tk32?

The lack of BM3 updates, or any news for that matter, is so sad. Your brightly colored book could bring back some life to this app! :)

• @bleep said:

@tk32 said:

How is this book coming along, @tk32?

The lack of BM3 updates, or any news for that matter, is so sad. Your brightly colored book could bring back some life to this app! :)

So glad you’re still excited about this @bleep - it’s taking longer than I first expected (this bit is my fault), and there have been a few delays which I couldn’t control - all of which will make more sense when the book is released.

More info very soon...

• Is this a hint that the long awaited update is finally about to drop?

• @cian said:
    Is this a hint that the long awaited update is finally about to drop?

No.

• edited May 2019

@hansjbs said:

@cian said:

No.

Do you know a way around this issue? Other than recording straight to audio.

Sorry audio is out of sync, I tried reuploading but can't fix it.

• edited May 2019

@BroCoast said:

@hansjbs said:

@cian said:

No.

Do you know a way around this issue? Other than recording straight to audio.

Sorry audio is out of sync, I tried reuploading but can't fix it.

Hey @BroCoast

The reason your recorded pattern is different to what you played is because you have RECORD QUANTISE set to strict 1/16th notes, and the rhythm of your pattern is faster than that (sounded like 1/16th triplets to my ears - “tat tat tat tat.. tat......”).

Solution:
    Try re-recording the pattern with the QUANTISE NOTE ON set to OFF

• edited May 2019

Just watched again, and I now see you turned off quantise at the start (not sure how I missed that the first time!)

This is a bit strange - can you post a screenshot of of the resulting pattern?

It certainly seems to be acting as if either:
    a) Quantise record is somehow ON (causing all recorded notes to adhere to 1/16 grid)
    b) Quantise OFF is somehow ON (causing delayed note offs to affect new note ons)
    c) Note repeats (1/16) are enabled on the pad you are playing

Here’s my version of your video (same drum kit, same settings)

• @tk32 said:
    Just watched again, and I now see you turned off quantise at the start (not sure how I missed that the first time!)

This is a bit strange - can you post a screenshot of of the resulting pattern?

It certainly seems to be acting as if either:
    a) Quantise record is somehow ON (causing all recorded notes to adhere to 1/16 grid)
    b) Quantise OFF is somehow ON (causing delayed note offs to affect new note ons)
    c) Note repeats (1/16) are enabled on the pad you are playing

Here’s my version of your video (same drum kit, same settings)

I suspect it’s a malfunction with swing ‘on’ at 0% as t’s been shaky since day one...

• Thanks @Samu

I’ve never liked Global swing - it doesn’t work correctly as you say - but in truth I often forget to turn it OFF in my projects and never have the issues Brocoast demo’d. In fact, it’s enabled in my recreation above.

• edited May 2019

Looks so wrong lol.

It's so weird because I could do 10 takes, make sure global swing is off etc. and they turn out different each time. BM3 is meant to be (extremely) high resolution MIDI so with all quantize off this should not occur.

It seems to quantize to swung 16ths.