Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3 book?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    I always found the general midi tightness hit and miss in Beatmaker.

I'm obviously not unbiased here (being an unashamed BM3 fanboy) - but in 2 years of constant use I've never experienced bad midi timing unless it was my fault (eg incorrect app settings)

What latency/buffer settings are you using?

• I know you quoted EyeOhEss but for the record I do everything at 128/44.1k

• edited May 2019

Here's a helpful diagram I am working on for the book which attempts to make clear the confusing separate note on/note off quantize settings in BM3:

Unfortunately what I've drawn for the green lane is not how bm3 actually behaves - so it seems there is a slight bug/unexpected midi recording if note on quantize is disabled but note off quantize is left on.

NB - the other 3 lanes (blue, red, purple) all hold true

• edited May 2019

@tk32

The bug is with the left hand trigger section. I recorded the above with the piano keys and it comes out perfect. Same for the pads!

EDIT: Even with the keys or pads I can still play faster than BM3 can handle...

EDIT again:

Ok so I have found out the problem. You cannot have overlapping notes playing the same note. If you turn up polyphony and play different notes you can overlap them however you like and it all triggers properly.

This is the limitation, you can't play a bunch of 16th triplets that overlap playing for example C3. The workaround is to play different notes then adjust the lengths so they don't overlap then drag them all to the same note.

• Interesting

• Any news on the book release date?

• Bump for any news on this??

.> @tk32 said:

@olivegoose - Yep - it's me :)

I'm working flat out - but making great progress - I'll be posting news here on AudioBus as soon as it's ready

I've set myself a deadline that I have to finish in February - and 'hopefully' before the end of month!

• Yes, @tk32, we are sitting quietly and we are legion etc.

• Looking forward to rewarding this.

• Maybe waiting on August BM3 update ?

• @Crawlingwind @JohnnyGoodyear @CRAKROX @Korakios

Hi everyone,

I'm flattered to learn there is still a lot of interest in this project.

Unfortunately, the rocky past 6+ months in BM3's 'story' slightly derailed my original plans. I won't bore you all with the details.

Now for the good news...

I have broken the guide into several volumes, and volume 1 - which is a deep dive into BM3's incredibly deep sampler - will be releasing before August.

Thanks for being patient everyone. I hope it'll be worth it.

• You mean like a Thai massage happy ending?

Probably not

• @tk32 said:
    You mean like a Thai massage happy ending?

Probably not

LMAO!!!! Only you Tom.

• @hansjbs said:

@tk32 said:
    You mean like a Thai massage happy ending?

Probably not

LMAO!!!! Only you Tom.

I believe it will love you for a long time and I'm very happy to hear that said loving might be enjoyed as soon as August. Excellent.

• @tk32 said:
    I have broken the guide into several volumes, and volume 1 - which is a deep dive into BM3's incredibly deep sampler - will be releasing before August.

Hi TK! Any update on this? Really looking forward to the first part of the book :smile:

• @mickbenjamins said:

@tk32 said:

Hi TK! Any update on this? Really looking forward to the first part of the book :smile:

He’s working on it and waiting to make sure no other changes will affect the book.

• Thanks @mickbenjamins & @hansjbs

Things are all going to plan, and a vol. 1 (deep dive guide to the BM3 sampler) will be on it's way to everyone soon.

Thanks for your patience (and enthusiasm)

• It'll come out with drambo!

• @reasOne said:
    It'll come out with drambo!

:D :D. Facts

• haha.

Possibly true.

• Nice! Can. Not. Wait.

• We're lining up. Polite but hungry.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    We're lining up. Polite but hungry.

Thanks.

These little boosts are really helping me as I approach the final furlong.

• @tk32 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    We're lining up. Polite but hungry.

Thanks.

These little boosts are really helping me as I approach the final furlong.

We got ya.

• Finally starting to get real now.

here's a draft cover (ignore the placeholder screens)

• PUBLISH OR BE DAMNED!!! :)