Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Symphonic Evolution on the bus

Haven't checked it out yet...just beginning the download.

Comments

• May have jumped the gun. I see it in the AB apps list, but no update yet on the App Store.

• It updated tonight but not with AB support, but you won't regret the purchase. It's a awesome app, and will have AB support.

• edited March 2013

Nice. Updated with guitar tab and fret. Also has markers. Plays really nice with Sampletank, even with internal arpeggiator.

• I didn't see that the update mentioned AB, but I'm seeing it on the input slot and getting through to MT Daw.

• I can confirm that it works with AB now, I just tried it and it seems to work fine.

• Anyone know a of great tutorial for this app? Found a few YouTube videos from who I believe up is the developer but not much more

• So, with this app can I write musical notes on the stave and get... say... Animoog to play them?

• Just tried this, and yes, with some tweaking of Midi routing, it worked with Animoog. Set channel to 1 rather than Omni.

• Yea the app is super flexible and you can do a ton with it and even change time signature in the middle of your string. You can play the notes in, quantize them, drag them on, draw them on piano roll and a ton more

• Sigh, more money. :(

• I was up half the night playing with this one. It even has a lyric arranger. The internal sounds are not bad either. The rhythm maker is pretty slick too.

• So it's a blanket recommendation from everyone who's used it, then?

• I'll put my stamp on it.

• Yea it's def worth it in my opinion, does things other apps don't, and it's consistently being updated. I feel ya on the more money part!

• Likewise. Nice app with a lot of features.

• edited March 2013

Umm, Audiobus support is top of the new features list...

• ?? Coulda sworn it wasn't there.

• Complete with exclamation mark. :)

• edited March 2013

it wasn't there last night because I checked several times hoping they'd left it out of the description. I held off buying it to make sure AB was included. Pretty
    big thing to leave out, probably why it's on top now.

• Wonder if it got added later, since it seems @mgmg4871 didn't see it either. Or maybe I should lay off the bourbon when I'm on the App Store ;-)

• It wasn't there this morning, the description must have been updated. Hard to think how it could have been originally left off!

• edited March 2013

Lol. You're ok funjunkie. It wasnt there last night. @Michael there was no AB support in description last night.

• Thanks for validating my sanity guys! This app addiction I have does some strange things to the mind. ;-)

• I contacted Vinclaro, the developers, this morning when I saw the update notes didn't include an Audiobus mention. Don, got back to me promptly stating the reason being that they were registering the app for Audiobus at the same time as the App store and that they left out mentioning it temporarily in case they hit any issues.

Its a really great app, fully rich with features. I'm impressed.

• Nice to hear so many good feedbacks for this app! Can someone tell how it compares to Notion for iPad? That would be great :)

• I don't own Notion...but plugging my midi keyboard into the iPad, Symphonix recorded the midi of my playing in polyphony. All notated and displayed beautifully. Awesome!

• @Manuhz There is really no comparison. Symphonix wins IMO hands down. In features, Symphonix rules.

• It sounds pretty nice! But...have you tried Notion for iPad??

• Yes I have it.