PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

OT: Observations

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@db909 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    “Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can play weird - that’s easy.

And anybody can play simple, that’s easy too.

The difficult part is making a decent job of either of the above.

Experimental/avant garde music isn’t just about making silly noises, though obviously that’s the fun part, just as abstract art isn’t just throwing paint at a canvas.

There’s a bit more to it than that, Charlie.

I hear you, but I think you guys might be talking about two different kinds of simple. Shame of it is we can't get Charlie's further thoughts on the matter.... :)

Simple=focused. There’s an element of clarity and specificity of musical intent. I dont take it to mean anything regarding the competency of the musician or the genre or what’s considered hip or what’s considered mainstream trash or what’s difficult to play or any of that. That’s my take anyway

Also reminds me of Miles Davis (and others) talking about knowing which notes to leave out etc etc.

its a very jazz thing to say, playing weird chords and fast runs was thought of great musican ship, reminds me of those guitar magazines, you know a smiling guy playing some weird chord that almost breaks his fingers.
    on the other hand delete is your friend ...

• edited July 2018

I love this album ^^

• Few will have heard this obscure, 1980’s attempt, but it is a craptastic gem!

Stun Stevens - The Man From Outer Space.

https://youtu.be/sa4Nuxfa3iM

• Spocks first band.....impeccable taste
    Think they toured the universe for a bit

• Is that one of those Dyson fans she’s playing?

• @rickwaugh said:

[snip]

Writing and books, I don't think that ever did affect me, except for the usual, "this piece of dreck got published, and my stuff gets chucked?" Which was one of the main reasons I stopped writing. :/

Heh! I was 'attempting fine art photography a few years ago and would roam thru the various onlinegallery sites and muttered those 'exact words! :-(

• @u0421793 said:
    Is that one of those Dyson fans she’s playing?

It Very well might be but don’t you think it looks cool

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I sense that in some of my musical endeavors I am not ambitious enough:

http://tchaikovsky-official.tumblr.com/post/141435763260/neurophonic-weloveshortvideos-x-what-on

What is this lunacy I like it.....not really.
    I find it interesting that the moment I check this link out they mentioned Tchaikovsky on the radio..must be a sign

• edited July 2018

My urologist, who is quite famous, wanted to cut off my testicles, but I felt this would be losing the battle right at the beginning. Speaking as a surgeon, he said that it was the surest, quickest, neatest solution. Too neat, I said, picturing myself with no balls. -Broyard

• You can either be consumed or forged, the fire doesn't care.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    You can either be consumed or forged, the fire doesn't care.

Depends whether you’re made of steel or wood I guess.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Good one. Could have come straight from the Stoic Emperor

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Good one. Could have come straight from the Stoic Emperor

Alec Guinness gets everywhere!

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Agreed, I suspect we're largely both. Depending on our attitude and/or circumstances... read this column this morning, essentially about the randomness of being or staying alive. Usual stuff, but well written:

https://www.raptitude.com/2018/08/your-whole-life-is-borrowed-time

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Ironic, man.

• @Arpseechord said:
    Spocks first band.....impeccable taste

That bicycle wheel looks highly illogical, time to get out the washboard me thinks.

• @knewspeak said:

@Arpseechord said:

That bicycle wheel looks highly illogical, time to get out the washboard me thinks.

He was born Vulcan.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@knewspeak said:

@Arpseechord said:

He was born Vulcan.

On Thursday's it's rumoured he gets down to Romulan Death Metal.

• @knewspeak said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@knewspeak said:

@Arpseechord said:

He was born Vulcan.

On Thursday's it's rumoured he gets down to Romulan Death Metal.

All I want to know is who painted that ghastly...I mean beautiful painting behind them?

• @knewspeak said:

@Arpseechord said:

Lol :D
    Me thinks her attire is a little too much red white and blue to be logical

• edited August 2018

Wise words.

• edited August 2018

1967, dude talking about the World Wide Web and etc...

• If only life were like this…

• @u0421793 said:
    If only life were like this…

Nice! Ever try to actualy read James Joyce? When people talk about it, I just wink and nod, like it’s some intellectual Ponzi scheme.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The more I make music the less I listen to it.

that’s true for me too. No need for music listening as it used to be when I was a child or young adult.

Has something to do with that famous empty-full container metaphor, which surely has been mentioned in this thread (I didn’t read through all the pages). A full container has no space left to be filled, it stays the same. The empty container can be filled. I think it’s the curious people who keep pouring out their container after it is partly filled.

• @Phil999 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    The more I make music the less I listen to it.

that’s true for me too. No need for music listening as it used to be when I was a child or young adult.

Has something to do with that famous empty-full container metaphor, which surely has been mentioned in this thread (I didn’t read through all the pages). A full container has no space left to be filled, it stays the same. The empty container can be filled. I think it’s the curious people who keep pouring out their container after it is partly filled.

I largely agree, but if your cup's half empty you really need a smaller bra.

• @MonzoPro said:

Wise words.

Agreed. On a par with: