Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria 2.06: AU support, IOS10 & MIDI keyboard! (EDIT: 2.07 and 2.08 updates with bug fixes!)

Comments

• @Rich303 said:

@Tovokas said:

@Rich303 said:
    Has anyone tried Viking with Auria Pro yet?

I've only played with it for about 10 minutes, but Viking seems to be working great.

Fantastic update!

Can you save presets with Viking?

Yep. (So yay, since Cubasis doesn't seem to support Viking user presets. On the down side, the presets are housed in a single big ugly list that is housed in a dropdown that is too small horizontally, so only half of most names are visible, with no way to scroll over. Unlike Aum, which places the user presets in a 'user' section at the top, Auria just dumps them at the bottom of the list, so it requires lots of scrolling, since the list only shows 10 presets at a time. I should probably make a request to Rim: at the very least the dropdown width should be an easy fix.)

• Is there an easy way to remove the included content libraries? I will likely only use Auria for testing my AUs and doing a bit of MIDI work, so I could probably slim the package down a bit?

• @brambos said:
    Is there an easy way to remove the included content libraries? I will likely only use Auria for testing my AUs and doing a bit of MIDI work, so I could probably slim the package down a bit?

You can delete them as well as the built in demo song by using a third party file browser, Auria ends up around 900MB. I believe both can also both be done in the app but I've never done it.

• @brambos said:
    Is there an easy way to remove the included content libraries? I will likely only use Auria for testing my AUs and doing a bit of MIDI work, so I could probably slim the package down a bit?

If you go Menu / import File, there is a folder for the Sampler Instruments. I just deleted the folders in there and it slims down quite a bit.

• Cheers guys! Having all DAW apps on one iPad quickly adds up in terms of storage; but I need 'em all for testing :smiley:

• @brambos said:
    Cheers guys! Having all DAW apps on one iPad quickly adds up in terms of storage; but I need 'em all for testing :smiley:

You can probably get rid of more files, but obviously at your own risk lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@brambos said:
    Cheers guys! Having all DAW apps on one iPad quickly adds up in terms of storage; but I need 'em all for testing :smiley:

You can probably get rid of more files, but obviously at your own risk lol

I noticed some samples for Auria get stored in AudioShare under "Samples". I didn't put them in there, but there they are. They might be some of the free ones you get when you register. How did those end up in AudioShare without me directing them there? (ie. RIM1.wav, SD1.wav, HH3.wav, etc.)

Originally, I added the "bonus" pack via iTunes filesharing I believe, but after the update, I added them using iFunBox, but in both cases there were added directly to the Auria folder. How would they then end up in the AudioShare Samples folder?

• Possible bug? I noticed last night on playback in the mixer that the visual info of each track (the level indicators) appeared in the wrong tracks some of the time. Not a big deal, but a little funky...

• Can you reproduce this?

• @theconnactic said:
    Can you reproduce this?

It happens regularly, yes.

• @Tovokas said:

@Rich303 said:

@Tovokas said:

@Rich303 said:
    Has anyone tried Viking with Auria Pro yet?

I've only played with it for about 10 minutes, but Viking seems to be working great.

Fantastic update!

Can you save presets with Viking?

Yep. (So yay, since Cubasis doesn't seem to support Viking user presets. On the down side, the presets are housed in a single big ugly list that is housed in a dropdown that is too small horizontally, so only half of most names are visible, with no way to scroll over. Unlike Aum, which places the user presets in a 'user' section at the top, Auria just dumps them at the bottom of the list, so it requires lots of scrolling, since the list only shows 10 presets at a time. I should probably make a request to Rim: at the very least the dropdown width should be an easy fix.)

Thanks for the info.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@theconnactic said:
    Can you reproduce this?

It happens regularly, yes.

Thanks! I'll update the OP to include this.

• Updated the first post!

• Please post your bug reports here as well, so Rim can see them earlier rather than later: http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

• Bug:

I've noticed that when opening up an AU plugin (like a PPG wave synth) and you leave the plugin gui on screen, the arm record button for that track or any other track does not respond (will not highlight the red record button). Even when closing the AU plugin gui it still doesn't respond, I have to restart Auria which solves the issue, until it happens again.

• @Monoboy said:
    Bug:

I've noticed that when opening up an AU plugin (like a PPG wave synth) and you leave the plugin gui on screen, the arm record button for that track or any other track does not respond (will not highlight the red record button). Even when closing the AU plugin gui it still doesn't respond, I have to restart Auria which solves the issue, until it happens again.

Not happens for me...

I'm on iPad Pro 12.9" and iOS 9.35...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Monoboy said:
    Bug:

Not happens for me...

I have the iPad Pro and iOS 10 (10.0.2), glad you dont experience same issue ;) I hope it gets fixed next update though!

• edited October 2016

There's a neat trick in auria aswell, let's say you have an AU plugin synth on a track playing a region, opening the FX button on that track you can add effects into anyone Of the 4 effect slots, instead you can add more AU synths in them Slots for layering! Playing all the same midi part! Siiiiik

• @Monoboy said:
    There's a neat trick in auria aswell, let's say you have an AU plugin synth on a track playing a region, opening the FX button on that track you can add effects into anyone Of the 4 effect slots, instead you can add more AU synths in them Slots for layering! Playing all the same midi part! Siiiiik

Or, you can arm how many midi-tracks you like and play they from the global keyboard (if each track listen to all channel settings)...
    Each track can have the realtime effects from Fabfilter and PSP also as an insert effect - just like we doing earlier in AUM...

The new Auria Pro is fuckin' great!

• @Monoboy said:

Wow! WOW! Just tried that! Thank you so much for the tip!!!

• Awesome!!!!!

@theconnactic said:

@Monoboy said:

Wow! WOW! Just tried that! Thank you so much for the tip!!!

• Is there any AU that has built-in panning? It just occurs me the following: we could have, at the same track, one instance with a given patch, panned hard left, and other with another patch, panned hard right. Then have FF effect(s) following them - it would be sonic valhalla if possible!!!

• edited October 2016

P.S.: on an Audio track! Otherwise you'd have to choose either instance which the MIDI outputs to...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Monoboy said:
    Bug:

Not happens for me...

I also have an iPad Air2 64GB/4G on iOS 10, and, the little bug with arm button is there..

But, after a doubletap on stop button in the transport section it disappeared...

After that it worked all the time to arm tracks with both AU and audiotracks...

• wimwim
    edited October 2016

I too have noticed the arm button doesn't work during playback, but it has always started working again if I stop playback. I can't remember if that's the way it's always been or not. IOS 9.35 iPad Air 2

• Actually, that's intended functionality. and it's always been there... Auria won't allow you to arm a track once playback is started (there's a lot that needs to get setup under the hood when you arm a track, so that can only be done when it's stopped). Once a track is armed, you can disable it while it's playing though.

Rim

• It might just be an issue with their app, but I can't get Auria to control EHX's Mini Synth.

• Look forward to the held note fix, but I have to say that the 'insert a bunch of different sounds on the same midi track' trick is a lovely thing....thanks @Monoboy

• edited October 2016

Ok. I can honestly say I have temporarily deleted cubasis after this update. (at least till they fix their major bugs)

The offsets in freezing are so easily fixable here and negligible for the most part.
    And having Au-x in the daw itself is a godsend. So happy right now with this update :)

• @Matthew said:
    It might just be an issue with their app, but I can't get Auria to control EHX's Mini Synth.

I haven't been able to make this work with anything other than real midi ports, I think it is the synth, it doesn't seem to support virtual midi, even when loaded as an IAA. I thought the same was true for Poison until @Samu put me straight :)