Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria 2.06: AU support, IOS10 & MIDI keyboard! (EDIT: 2.07 and 2.08 updates with bug fixes!)

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2016

@wellingtonCres said:
    my first test of mixing down a ruismaker track yielded a fairly significant midi/audio misalignment...

Not so here...(see screenshot above). That sample starts exactly on the beat of the midi file it was playing.
    Wonder what's different between us?

• @WaveMachineLabs said:
    Hey guys, FYI I made all three versions go live at the same time. But it often takes a while for them to propagate through all of Apple's servers...

Rim

Thanks Herr Rim. Get some sleep over there....

• edited October 2016

@skiphunt said:

@mrufino1 said:

@skiphunt said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Still waiting for us upgrades :'(

That sucks big time. Those who originally bought the app for $50 then paid another $25 to upgrade have to wait at the back of the line in the cheap seats? :(

Is because they are 2 separate apps in the app store, so apple reviews them as such and will put them on the app store when each is ready.

There's a feeling sometimes that rim is some money grabbing troll who is out to bully people into giving him more. Email him sometime, he's anything but that. No worries.

That wasn't aimed at anyone in specific by the way, don't take it as such.

Look compadre, I bought this app in its early days and paid $50. I stuck with it even though it really wouldn't run well on my second tier iPad at the time. I bought IAP, and eventually paid to upgrade to Pro. So, I've got a decent amount of coin invested in this app, haven't jumped ship to Cubasis, and am very supportive of this independent dev.

I'm just anxious to be able to get back to playing with the "Pro" app I'd just upgraded to before ios10 killed it. So, please don't throw any unjustified passive jabs my way, and forgive me if I'm just a little bit anxious to get my Pro DAW back so that I can continue learning how to use it.

No worries, don't take offense, no passive anything intended. I should have indicated a lighter tone to what I was saying, as I do in many of my posts.

I also did not update the iPad to ios10 yet, so I can understand that if 10 broke auria as it previously existed then one would be eager to have it working again. I haven't been using it as of late as life (work) is leaving less time for music that is not live gigs as of late.

My real point was that there shouldn't be long between the times they're posted to the app store, it used to happen before pro with standard and LE. I would think it will happen today, but apple has the control over it, not rim, although I understand that a dev can hold back a release after an app is reviewed.

I believe Rim is in Chicago by the way, to the other question, unless his company is in a different spot than he is, which is possible.

Anyway, don't take me very seriously anyone, and make good music with auria. I look forward to downloading the update later. I hope we're all good.

• The usual questions: what's the iPad model of each of you, buffer setings and FX you happen to be using at the same time with Ruismaker, @Wim and @wellingtonCres. Oh, and the most important question: iOS10 or iOS9?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@WaveMachineLabs said:
    Hey guys, FYI I made all three versions go live at the same time. But it often takes a while for them to propagate through all of Apple's servers...

Rim

You're welcome, but I'm a Chicagoan, not German ;)

Rim

• @WaveMachineLabs said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@WaveMachineLabs said:

Rim

You're welcome, but I'm a Chicagoan, not German ;)

Rim

Damn. That ruins everything. Well, except for the exceptional software. And I would stay and chat about your city of big shoulders and all, but I've got some AUs that need a workout... :) Thanks again for your efforts.

• Double post, ignore this, passively of course ;)

• I upgraded from Auria regular to Pro, and I saw the update for myself. in the US

• Great! The wait is almost over!

• Just get the update as well. Downloading...

• Update done. New keyboard really really helps

• One word: WOW!

• @theconnactic said:
    One word: WOW!

Ya, no kidding, seeing that global keyboard, that's something right there. All the AU's popping up in green in the list, that's another something....... I think green, I am color blind. so forgive me if it's not. This is some cool stuff!

• Yup! The keyboard alone worth the update: it can be freely moved across the screen (hear that, IK Multimedia, Apple and Steinberg?), it has the Lyra design and velocity mapping that I like and, more important, allow me to play the best iOS synths (One and Twin) onscreen, without pluging my controller (which I cannot carry around, has 61 keys and bla bla).

Thank you so much, @WaveMachineLabs!

• Send me AU recommendations, lol! Want to explore this universe now.

• @mrufino1 said:

@skiphunt said:

@mrufino1 said:

@skiphunt said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Still waiting for us upgrades :'(

That sucks big time. Those who originally bought the app for $50 then paid another $25 to upgrade have to wait at the back of the line in the cheap seats? :(

Is because they are 2 separate apps in the app store, so apple reviews them as such and will put them on the app store when each is ready.

There's a feeling sometimes that rim is some money grabbing troll who is out to bully people into giving him more. Email him sometime, he's anything but that. No worries.

That wasn't aimed at anyone in specific by the way, don't take it as such.

Look compadre, I bought this app in its early days and paid $50. I stuck with it even though it really wouldn't run well on my second tier iPad at the time. I bought IAP, and eventually paid to upgrade to Pro. So, I've got a decent amount of coin invested in this app, haven't jumped ship to Cubasis, and am very supportive of this independent dev.

I'm just anxious to be able to get back to playing with the "Pro" app I'd just upgraded to before ios10 killed it. So, please don't throw any unjustified passive jabs my way, and forgive me if I'm just a little bit anxious to get my Pro DAW back so that I can continue learning how to use it.

No worries, don't take offense, no passive anything intended. I should have indicated a lighter tone to what I was saying, as I do in many of my posts.

I also did not update the iPad to ios10 yet, so I can understand that if 10 broke auria as it previously existed then one would be eager to have it working again. I haven't been using it as of late as life (work) is leaving less time for music that is not live gigs as of late.

My real point was that there shouldn't be long between the times they're posted to the app store, it used to happen before pro with standard and LE. I would think it will happen today, but apple has the control over it, not rim, although I understand that a dev can hold back a release after an app is reviewed.

I believe Rim is in Chicago by the way, to the other question, unless his company is in a different spot than he is, which is possible.

Anyway, don't take me very seriously anyone, and make good music with auria. I look forward to downloading the update later. I hope we're all good.

It's all good. I was also listening to a political podcast that pissed me off while I was reading your post and responding. Misdirected passive aggression on my part. Peace out :)

• edited October 2016

So how are you supposed to update if you already upgraded Auria to Pro? It's acting like it wants to charge me $40 again as well as charge me again for my video IAP.

EDIT: Never mind. Looks like it's just "restore purchases" only. Didn't see it at first.

• edited October 2016

And yes, @sirdavidabraham: bouncing an iSem lead rendered the wave a few miliseconds delayed. Only perceptible by zooming a lot and looking at the grid, but still. I only have iSem, Ruismaker and FM Essentials as AUs, and I'll test the other two later.

• The good thing is:if the freeze/rendering is a little off,it's absolutely NO problem to correct this (aka trim) in a few seconds.Unlike "the other"well known DAW :wink:

Anyone tried the new update on iOS9?All good?

• Yes, I'm on iOS9. Will update to 10 only if absolutely necessary. For now, all good.

• And since King discovered how to make ReTune work in the Auria Forum, meaning I can live without melodyne for a while, I am just waiting for PG to release its revolutionary drum app to be able to do everything on the iPad (well, nearly, but I don't expect 10+ GB orchestral libraries anytime soon).

• @theconnactic said:
    Yes, I'm on iOS9. Will update to 10 only if absolutely necessary. For now, all good.

Thanks!

Another thing i noticed: (saving)PRESETS for the AU as well.Awesome!

• edited October 2016

I actually did hold all releases until they were all approved. Then I made them all go live at the same time....

Rim

• Yes! The preset saving system in Auria is as well implemented as Logic's - Rim nailed it as well.

• Whew! All updated, etc. Now I'm ready to pick up where I left off with learning Auria Pro much better. As I recall, I was trying to figure out automation and recording of FX in AUX sends. Anyone know of a good tutorial or demo for that? :)

• @theconnactic said:
    Tim?!

Rim's twin brother. Did you REALLY believe only one person was responsible for creating Auria?
    ;)

• edited October 2016

Great update, using au's really changes things. I noticed that there are drum pads on the keyboard too- are the supposed to do velocity? If so, they don't, but it's hard to believe how handy the keyboard is. As I said, great update.

And @skiphunt , it's best not to listen to any political talk...;)