Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus version 1.0.2 is live, details inside

We've just updated Audiobus to version 1.0.2. Here's what's new:

1. New preferences pane allowing users to choose between a 512 and 256 frame hardware buffer size. (Please choose 512 if you're experiencing stuttering audio. Choose 256 if you want the fastest response time for live play. Only iPad 3, 4 and iPhone 5 default to 256 now, all other devices to 512. More about hardware buffer size below.)
  2. Apps are now sorted alphabetically in the input/output/effects pop-over windows.
  3. New status bar in the Audiobus main screen, showing current hardware buffer size and battery status. We don't want you to run out of juice in the middle of a jam!
  4. Some minor bugfixes.

Find out more about hardware buffer size in this blog post.

preferences pane with hardware buffer size

Comments

• Wow! Thanks!! I just downloaded this and I am amazed at how much better my iPad 2 (iOS5.1.1)is coping with Auria. I just got Animoog to work for the first time.

• Awesome! That's the intended outcome. :)

• Thanks to Sebastian and Michael!

Apple was really fast this time...

• Nice. Thanks guys!

• edited January 2013

Good news:

i was able to record TumbJam to MutliTrack DAW on my iPod 4th gen.

cool...

P.S.: my iPod is still on iOS 5.1.1

• How noticeable is the latency difference at 512 when recording into something like Auria, guys? I'm curious!

• Even better news:

ThumbJam to Loopy HD on my iPhone 3GS (iOS 5.1.1) is working!!!

Airplane mode, no cellular but WiFi turned on, location service off.

• edited January 2013

@SpaceDog This reminds me of when one of my friends hosted a 4 player online game of Project Gotham Racing 2... over a 56K modem! CODING AWESOME.

• Any experiences with ipad1 someone,anyone,pls?
    Thx

• Just got thumbjam into loopy, iPhone 3GS iOS 6 nothing turned off! It was a bit slow to initiate but no problem after. Thanks!

• Anyone know if these means I'll have any luck using Auria+Audiobus on iPad 2?

• IanIan
    edited January 2013

See post #2 I guess

• This is so simply amazing.

• This is an amazing update. Runs flawlessly on my iPad 2. Although I didn't have any problems previously, things just seem to run smoother. Recording various Synths into Auria. Gonna try guitars via Jamup Pro (into Auria) next.

Awesome job!!!

• Thank you for the update // amazing app. I'm hoping this is the final push needed before Beatmaker 2 gets on board. Waiting patiently....

• Now I can record on my iPad 2, GlitchBreaks into LiveFX into Auria....before for me it's impossible :-) Thanks guys

• @Michael_R_Grant – concerning your question on latency difference between 256 and 512. It may depend on the device. At 512, there is a detectable difference on my iPad 2, but it is slight. On my iPhone 4, the difference is more noticeable, but many of the app cominations were not usable at all before switching to 512.

• @KNova yes, hopefully. Beatmaker2 is my main app, the day cannot come soon enough.

• Congrats fellas!