Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

happy biirthday, iphone

fifteen years ago today apple released the first iphone and started a change in the way we think about smartphones and personal computers.

my brother was the apple guy and really jazzed about the iphones release. i was the pc guy, heavily into palm and mobile os. not too sure about or if i needed to jump ship to this new technology.

when the phone was available he bought one for himself.... and sent one to me one to me.

we lived on opposite coast and the iphones became our link. we spent countless hours discussing new apps, any bit of news concerning iphone advances and how cool it was to live in a time when something like this was available.

over the years my mom and brother would fly out for a yearly visit. they always scheduled it for September, when the new phone was being released, and the months before were spent talking about all the rumors on that years model, trying to second guess what was going to be released.

we swapped who was going to buy the phones that year and when they made it out, the next day we were at the apple store getting our new toy.

we did that every year until the iphone 11. he didn't make it out that year. we didn't make our yearly trip to the apple store.

after a year long battle, he died from cancer, three days after receiving the phone.

among the things he left me was that iphone 11.

i'm still using it today.

Comments

• Wow, what a wonderful memory. It’s truly amazing how something as small as a tiny piece of technology, a sports team, or even a single politician or musician can bring a family magnitudes closer than they ever would have had it not existed.

• @wag πŸ€— πŸ“± πŸ’—
    Big love,
    Great memories!