Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I am confused about ElasticDrums’ pitch.

edited January 2022 in App Tips and Tricks

So it says 60 is root. This means that 60 is middle C correct? Yeah So when I import a loop should the pitch be set to 60 in order for it to be dry? Furthermore is 60 essentially 0 or is 50?

Say for example, I wanted to export down my tracks and then move that recording loop to its own track. I’ve noticed that either AudioShare or ElasticDrums does something weird because I cannot simple export > trim in AudioShare > import > set to 50 or 60 and have it loop perfectly. Am I missing something?

The audio that I’m importing loops and is on perfect 8 bar loop in AudioShare and ElasticDrums is set to the same bpm of course.

Thanks!

Comments

• You have to be careful that ED is set to the appropriate sampling rate. I have an iPad 8 which is a 48k device. If I start ED it will usually be set to 44.1k and I get a lot of issues including distortion, bad loops and pitch issues. This doesn’t happen with all apps BTW. There is no way to change ED sampling rate manually. What I do is start up AUM (making sure it is set to 48k) and then I can either open ED in AUM or standalone and it will be set to 48k. That way everything will match my 48k device. Be aware that using phones/buds with a built-in mic will switch your device to 44.1k.