Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IPOLY6 APP: Useless if you have GADGET?

Comments

• @Zetagy said:
    It's hard not to talk about iPolySix, or anything Korg iOS, without mentioning the mad genius Mee Zanook. For some real fun, watch All of his videos, I guarantee you'll have a great time learning. Here's a short one:

Good lookin'

• @pierre said:
    I d recom poly6, very easy synth to tweak, you have to make your own sounds and abuse of the effects !

Check sinking feeling work (you've changed on you tube)

Stroke machine is good but way too fiddly and Packed for me, poly6 is a pleasure on the eyes and the kaossilator pads are a huge plus !

My humble opinion
    @pierre said:
    Its weakness would be the lfo , dont expert modern crazy wobble dubstep bass, like Miami or Cyclop , but the fxs make up for it

Merci

• @Icepulse said:
    No one knows what the F you're talking about.

It's really simple. OP has this thing where twice a day he posts some dumb fucking thread that has been dumbed-down to the lowest common denominator and expressed as some sort of binary question (i.e. Gadget yay or nay)? The headlines are obviously written by someone with Buzzfeedesque online marketing experience, since every lede is phrased as a stupid question, like the front page of Buzzfeed. And then when people react poorly to his racist jokes or whatever dumb shit he's said ("If you love Animoog, you'll love this"), he flies off the handle and calls everybody names. The forum has lost some good people because of this non-fuckin-sense.

• @solador78 said:
    It's really simple. OP has this thing where twice a day he posts some dumb fucking thread that has been dumbed-down to the lowest common denominator and expressed as some sort of binary question (i.e. Gadget yay or nay)? The headlines are obviously written by someone with Buzzfeedesque online marketing experience, since every lede is phrased as a stupid question, like the front page of Buzzfeed. And then when people react poorly to his racist jokes or whatever dumb shit he's said ("If you love Animoog, you'll love this"), he flies off the handle and calls everybody names. The forum has lost some good people because of this non-fuckin-sense.

Huh. I'll have to take your word for it. Although, if the guy isn't linking to some "buy my beats" junksite or some similar BS, it seems fairly innocuous to me.

• I bought ipolysix ages ago cause I trust Korg, but I never flowed with it. It certainly has amazing potential though

IMHO "Sinking Feeling" is the most innovative iOS artist out there, and his Gadget tracks are unparalleled as far as sheer risk taking abuse and sonic madness from the app..

He does the same thing with iPolisix

Sometimes we need to flog the shit out of an app to get it to perform..

Check it out:

• As a fan of 80s cheese I love the sound of the P6, but yeah I guess it's fallen by the wayside because of Gadget.

I still love it on the desktop though, and I slap that ensemble effect on more stuff that I really should.

• @solador78 said:

Hmm? you havin' a bad day bro? you mad bro?

• @telecode101 said:
    Hmm? you havin' a bad day bro? you mad bro?

I've never flagged posts in like 15 years of message boarding. I now have two in one thread.

Lede my shorts man.

• edited August 2015

@oat_phipps said:
    I've never flagged posts in like 15 years of message boarding. I now have two in one thread.
    Lede my shorts man.

No, @Telecode101 was right to call out Solador's misdirected hostility. While Rustik may have a history of "Buzzfeed / click bait" (as @Solador78 describes them) topics, it's something that's evident to Solador alone, and he should have a good, long look at his own passive / aggressive scribblings. There was nothing evinced in the original topic to deserve the hot aggression it got from Sol. This is coming from a purely objective standpoint. Sol might dislike what he considers to be "less-than-academic" topics, but on a one-off basis, this topic was just fine until he threw his scalding 2¢ into the ring.

I'm sorry, @Solador78, but things were nice and cordial in this thread, before you posted. That's a fact.

• And before anyone starts popping about how I just joined the forum, I've been posting here from day 1 w/ my Twitter handle. Just decided to register recently, for the purpose of tracking the Patterning thread.

;)

• Please let's try to remember that music is the language we all have in common. We are coming from all around the world, with different first languages, belonging to different age groups, and with different levels + approach to socializing. Let's not try to read too much into something that might not be there. @RustiK, what's your first language? @Solador78, what's your age? @ Everyone else... any Aspies in the house? Have fun with computers and music-!

• @Zetagy Getting along is trending, albeit slowly. Thanks.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Zetagy Getting along is trending, albeit slowly. Thanks.

+1

• I've not been on this forum long, but have to say it is pretty cordial in the big wide net world. Maybe if I get out my DrumJam bongos we could all sit down and smokum the peacepipe.....god I sound like an old hippy! Lol

• @Icepulse said:

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't clear; I was flagging that guy who was being needlessly negative and calling this a troll thread even after the thread discussion really got going.

Anyway, done contributing to the derail. Am about to buy the Polysix will be back with my thoughts.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Anyway, done contributing to the derail. Am about to buy the Polysix will be back with my thoughts.

Be nice to hear another view, still on the fence with this one

• Ok I've changed my mind after going back and using iPolysix some more. I like it more this time.

• edited August 2015

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Quality post. Which is another way of saying you taught me a lot about an app I have and didn't know as much about previously as I do now. Thanks.

You're welcome.It's only fair to give tips back that i got from this forum myself :) I would have NEVER thought about the possibility to automate the switching of FX until i've read it here someday.With all the automation going on i usually create patches that have absolutely nothing to do with "cheesy" at all.Gadget has similar automation possibilities of course but they are much easier to access in iPolysix (or iMS20 for that matter)and therefore i'm using them often while i mostly ignore them in gadget.Oh,and this beautiful polysix ensemble effect...it's a very good recreation of the Polysix (which was my first analog synth) and i love the classic sounds as well.Combine the Ensemble fx with PWM and you will easily get those 70s string ensemble sounds.Filter is also neat.While Gadget has a lot of powerful tools on it's own,i don't see any gadget that sounds like the (i)Polysix.I just so much wish they would include it in gadget.

• @touchconspiracy said:
    I bought ipolysix ages ago cause I trust Korg, but I never flowed with it. It certainly has amazing potential though

IMHO "Sinking Feeling" is the most innovative iOS artist out there, and his Gadget tracks are unparalleled as far as sheer risk taking abuse and sonic madness from the app..

He does the same thing with iPolisix

Sometimes we need to flog the shit out of an app to get it to perform..

Check it out:

I get that.

It def speaks to my sensibilities.

The layers and pan/fade rhythm awesome.

• @Icepulse said:
    Huh. I'll have to take your word for it. Although, if the guy isn't linking to some "buy my beats" junksite or some similar BS, it seems fairly innocuous to me.

Thank you.

And welcome!

• @oat_phipps said:

Let me know your thoughts.

• Now if only this had (or fed) the Gadget piano roll.....

• Korg would do us all a huge favour by implementing the 'Gadget Sequencer' in iElectribe, iMS-20, iPolysix, Module, iM1 and iKaossilator and also enabling all the apps as Gadgets within Gadget and well implement the 'keyboard & kaos pad' from the mentioned apps in Gadget. If this ever happens there will be cash waiting...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Now if only this had (or fed) the Gadget piano roll.....

As a person who tends to lean OCD and narcotic as hell, I concur.

I would love more "intra-app" audio of company apps.

For instance, Novation Launchkey and Launchpad how you can communicate, using the apps simultaneously.

I would love to pair up ATTACK and NAVE, using them as 1 music making combo with total control and syncing of each.

KORG doing such a thing would be the holy grail if they were able to rock the app incest thing.

• @Samu said:
    Korg would do us all a huge favour by implementing the 'Gadget Sequencer' in iElectribe, iMS-20, iPolysix, Module, iM1 and iKaossilator and also enabling all the apps as Gadgets within Gadget and well implement the 'keyboard & kaos pad' from the mentioned apps in Gadget. If this ever happens there will be cash waiting...

We are on EXACT same page.

I feel that the communication and relationship of apps is the next most important thing for me. I have the synths and drums I need, now it's about work flow.

• @Samu said:
    Korg would do us all a huge favour by implementing the 'Gadget Sequencer' in iElectribe, iMS-20, iPolysix, Module, iM1 and iKaossilator and also enabling all the apps as Gadgets within Gadget and well implement the 'keyboard & kaos pad' from the mentioned apps in Gadget. If this ever happens there will be cash waiting...

Would love to be privy to the internal leaning/decisions had round the strategy table at Korg on this...

• @Zetagy said:
    Please let's try to remember that music is the language we all have in common. We are coming from all around the world, with different first languages, belonging to different age groups, and with different levels + approach to socializing. Let's not try to read too much into something that might not be there. RustiK, what's your first language? Solador78, what's your age? @ Everyone else... any Aspies in the house? Have fun with computers and music-!

Thank you for your thoughtful post in the thread.

I agree with you.

I think what makes this forum get "hung up" every once and a while is the interesting dichotomy of what AUDIOBUS user represents.

It represents 2 different passions which often entail differing personality types. The first is "tech" people. Formulaic to their core. Objection personified.

The other are "Musicians". Although not mutually exclusive, there are definite differences between the two types of people primarily found on this forum. Plainly put, literal versus figurative mindsets.

Musicians are rebels by nature. They are creative animals who are fueled by sometimes deep emotional cues, abstract visions, and origins.

Tech people are not into computers to "deal with trauma" the same way a musician is in writing a song. For instance, rap is an aggressive and sometimes violent concept in practice. But, it is representative of the truth in consciousness of the artist. The same can be said for a person of punk origin. Anti-establishment to their core. The list goes on and on.

These traits are diametrically opposed to the political correctness and niceties of modern "everyday" communication often found in the tech community.

That is just my take on the issues that sometime arise.

• I didn't have any issue with the thread title. In fact, maybe you could market my album? I don't have much success getting anyone to click on my album links ;-)

I don't have Polysix and have no plans to get it, but apps talking to each other more easily can only be a positive. Audiobus opened up huge possibilities and is very valuable, but having an environment where everything is right there is very valuable. Most importantly, gadget is really fun and does not seem like work at all.

• @mrufino1 said:
    I didn't have any issue with the thread title. In fact, maybe you could market my album? I don't have much success getting anyone to click on my album links ;-)

I don't have Polysix and have no plans to get it, but apps talking to each other more easily can only be a positive. Audiobus opened up huge possibilities and is very valuable, but having an environment where everything is right there is very valuable. Most importantly, gadget is really fun and does not seem like work at all.

All about that S.E.O. !

Let me know how I can help.