Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IPOLY6 APP: Useless if you have GADGET?

For those of you with IPOLY from KORG.

Is it worth buying if you have GADGET? Or, can all that POLY6 do be achieved with GADGET?

Comments

• So far, the only difference I can think of is that iPolySix can be run completely outboard, that everything is accessible by multiple MIDI channels, whereas Gadget is still only one active instrument at a time accessible by MIDI.

• I'd say that the 'Phoenix Gadget' does almost anything the iPolysix app does minus the effects, arpeggiator and some performance related things, bigger keyboard and the kaos pad etc.

I do wish Gadget had the effects from iPolySix (and iMS-20) as insert effects for use with all the Gadgets.

The only effects available to Gadget's Phoenix are the 'delay' and 'reverb' on the master mixer which is a real shame...

• These clickbait threads are the worst. Downvote.

• IMHO why would you want iPolysix? Totally naff sounding app as per the real thing. I know that a lot of people like the app and the real synth but I have never got it - sounds cheesy, so if that's what you want! Have been using real analog hardware since 1980 and that was one horrible synth. Must be something about it that only seems to grate on me as nearly everyone will disagree with my opinion - still life would be boring if we all etc.etc.

• Have iPolysix, never use it these days....so many iOS synths give me far more pleasure.

• edited August 2015

Phoenix ~ Oberheim.
    iPolysix ~ Korg.

Lurcher's been playing synths longer than I have, but I would be thrilled to have a real Polysix in my studio. The filter, with high resonance, has a liquidy gurgle; and the ensemble effect makes for some really lush strings. If Korg offered the effect separately (which they do for the desktop), I would buy it in a heartbeat.

• @Zetagy said:
    So far, the only difference I can think of is that iPolySix can be run completely outboard, that everything is accessible by multiple MIDI channels, whereas Gadget is still only one active instrument at a time accessible by MIDI.

So, 2 or 3 channels from Poly6.

Also, is POLY6 a synth, a synth(which can be run in sequencer), and a drum machine?

THanks again

• @solador78 said:
    These clickbait threads are the worst. Downvote.

What are you talking about?

"clickbait thread" -- what exactly is that?

What does that have to do with POLY6 and Gadget?

• iPolysix is a great app, I don't use it as much as I use Phoenix in Gadget but I wouldn't sell it if I could, it's a quality emulation of a vintage analog synth, I need it in my collection. iPolysix is more feature rich than Phoenix but Phoenix can do polyphonic unison which is nice, iPolysix only mono unison, Phoenix also has got portamento, iPolysix - no portamento although I feel the portamento would be more useful if Phoenix could go mono.

• @RustiK said:
    What does that have to do with POLY6 and Gadget?

If I wanted to read Buzzfeed, I would read Buzzfeed.

• edited August 2015

@RustiK there are 8 channels, 2 are synths, the other 6 are the drum hits which are sample based, but tunable with MIDI notes

• still one of my favorites and"go to"app if i'm working on chicago/detroit house trax.Phoenix sounds WAY different and has another structure (more Oberheim as mentioned).Most of the presets are a bit boring (therefore the"cheesy"feel),creating own sounds is recommended.And it has great automation possibilities.Of course you can record every knob movement but you can also long press on a knob etc and a modulation sequencer for this knob pops up.You can just draw your ideas here or correct recorded movments.It gets really interesting if you automate FX parameter,you can even automate switching between different FX!Finally it has real Chord memory (like the original one) and the chaos pads.Imo it's still different enough to justify the purchase even with Gadget in your arsenal.One huge: drawback:you can backup your patches/songs only via itunes sync/backup.You can't access the savefiles via iFunbox if you are on ios 8.3 or newer and even when i was still able to do it (pre 8.3) it gave me often weird or unreliable results (transfer manually from one to another ipad).I could never restore everything manually.

• @Crabman said:
    still one of my favorites and"go to"app if i'm working on chicago/detroit house trax.Phoenix sounds WAY different and has another structure (more Oberheim as mentioned).Most of the presets are a bit boring (therefore the"cheesy"feel),creating own sounds is recommended.And it has great automation possibilities.Of course you can record every knob movement but you can also long press on a knob etc and a modulation sequencer for this knob pops up.You can just draw your ideas here or correct recorded movments.It gets really interesting if you automate FX parameter,you can even automate switching between different FX!Finally it has real Chord memory (like the original one) and the chaos pads.Imo it's still different enough to justify the purchase even with Gadget in your arsenal.One huge: drawback:you can backup your patches/songs only via itunes sync/backup.You can't access the savefiles via iFunbox if you are on ios 8.3 or newer and even when i was still able to do it (pre 8.3) it gave me often weird or unreliable results (transfer manually from one to another ipad).I could never restore everything manually.

Thanks so much.

• @Zetagy said:
    RustiK there are 8 channels, 2 are synths, the other 6 are the drum hits which are sample based, but tunable with MIDI notes

Very cool.

That is the key feature I am looking for.

• WOULD YOU ALL RECOM. POLY6 or STROKE MACHINE?

• @solador78 said:

Never even saw Buzzfeed. Sorry.

• I d recom poly6, very easy synth to tweak, you have to make your own sounds and abuse of the effects !

Check sinking feeling work (you've changed on you tube)

Stroke machine is good but way too fiddly and Packed for me, poly6 is a pleasure on the eyes and the kaossilator pads are a huge plus !

My humble opinion

• Ps: you can sequence the Pitch of the drum sounds( means that you can use one of the drum track for a bass line , leaving 2 more polyphonic synth tracks for pads and leads )

• Its weakness would be the lfo , dont expert modern crazy wobble dubstep bass, like Miami or Cyclop , but the fxs make up for it

• @solador78 said:
    These clickbait threads are the worst. Downvote.

No one knows what the F you're talking about.

• @RustiK said:
    WOULD YOU ALL RECOM. POLY6 or STROKE MACHINE?

I have both, I use Stroke Machine all the time. I'm glad I have iPoly6, it's really cool and fun but a whole different animal.

• @Crabman said:
    still one of my favorites and"go to"app if i'm working on chicago/detroit house trax.Phoenix sounds WAY different and has another structure (more Oberheim as mentioned).Most of the presets are a bit boring (therefore the"cheesy"feel),creating own sounds is recommended.And it has great automation possibilities.Of course you can record every knob movement but you can also long press on a knob etc and a modulation sequencer for this knob pops up.You can just draw your ideas here or correct recorded movments.It gets really interesting if you automate FX parameter,you can even automate switching between different FX!Finally it has real Chord memory (like the original one) and the chaos pads.Imo it's still different enough to justify the purchase even with Gadget in your arsenal.One huge: drawback:you can backup your patches/songs only via itunes sync/backup.You can't access the savefiles via iFunbox if you are on ios 8.3 or newer and even when i was still able to do it (pre 8.3) it gave me often weird or unreliable results (transfer manually from one to another ipad).I could never restore everything manually.

Quality post. Which is another way of saying you taught me a lot about an app I have and didn't know as much about previously as I do now. Thanks.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Quality post. Which is another way of saying you taught me a lot about an app I have and didn't know as much about previously as I do now. Thanks.

+1 the automated fx switching is hilarious good fun

• @Littlewoodg said:
    +1 the automated fx switching is hilarious good fun

Saturday night and can shamefully admit to nothing much more going on here than waiting for MOTD to turn up in the fashion it does, and so nothing could be finer than hilarious good fun; off to switch fx :)

• It's hard not to talk about iPolySix, or anything Korg iOS, without mentioning the mad genius Mee Zanook. For some real fun, watch All of his videos, I guarantee you'll have a great time learning. Here's a short one:

• @Zetagy said:
    It's hard not to talk about iPolySix, or anything Korg iOS, without mentioning the mad genius Mee Zanook. For some real fun, watch All of his videos, I guarantee you'll have a great time learning.

New to Mister Zanook, but some good damn fodder amongst his videos. Shame the most recent is dated a year ago....thanks for the tip.

• 2 ipolysix gems on you tube

• @pierre said:

That dude does magic with the iPolysix & Gadget.. I love his style, kind of Venetian Snares, Squarepusher, u-Ziq, AFX school.. One of the best iOS musicians out there IMHO

• So much for cheesy. Some seriously good stuff and this isn't even my sort of stuff, unless maybe it just became my stuff.

Both good but watching the 'Submarine Drift' with annotations is a masterclass.

Blown.

• iPolysix is a good synth with a good sound. Sure, there are limitations and other apps may do x,y, and z. And it is still a way above the bottom end in price - but you can get good results with it.