Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song of the Month Club - March

13»

Comments

• edited March 2015

Yes, I do reggae and even on occasion country-influenced stuff (e.g. Stay With Me Tonight)

(yes I know it sounds like Knocking on Heaven's Door - but didn't think about it at the time!)

and even some orchestral soundtrack and ethnic/world music stuff and yes, I love music!

So no, I guess it doesn't leave much out! lol

(Music was my first love, and it will be my last... :) )

• edited March 2015

@richardyot I am committing here and in the vast public forum that is, you know, here, to a Song for April that will be country. No quibbles. Can't really promise western as well. Maybe. I haven't written any lyrics yet, but in the spirit of what the hell I further promise to use the word 'cowboy' in the first line and it will be, for better or worse, sung.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    richardyot I am committing here and in the vast public forum that is, you know, here, to a Song for April that will be country. No quibbles. Can't really promise western as well. Maybe. I haven't written any lyrics yet, but in the spirit of what the hell I further promise to use the word 'cowboy' in the first line and it will be, for better or worse, sung.

I'm looking forward to it!

• edited April 2015

@AlterEgo_UK - thanks. As I said up top, I really like your track too.

Yep, Bilbao normally for simply importing samples. Max 5 seconds at a time unfortunately. But it works - and I absolutely love composing and sequencing in Gadget - I just find I can work really fast in it.

Gadget is pure genius IMO! You should definitely get into it.

My track was just a few hours a day for a few days messing around creating different patches and a few patterns and stuff - really just learning more about how to push the different gadget synths more (especially for swishy phasey pads!) rather than thinking about a track - and some work using Yamaha Mobile Studio to automate the process of creating different drum fills, rolls and pattern variations (which worked a treat).

Then another couple of 2-3 hour sessions building the arrangement and doing the lead piano. Then a few hours 'mastering'.

Pretty efficient and lots of fun.

• edited April 2015

Here's one I put out just yesterday.

Imagine taking a walk in the forest, just as the sun is coming up... You see the sunrise through the trees; you begin to walk among the majestic trunks; you hear the birds begin to wake. You walk on and suddenly... there's the dawn chorus.

Unfinished original piece lacking a great deal and in need of much expansion and rearranging. Composed entirely in Notion for the iPad. Wave exported to Audioshare without reverb. Stereo width and reverb added with Stereo Designer and Altispace respectively via Audiobus. Final result recorded into Cubasis.

• edited April 2015

@MusicInclusive Sounds like the happy/quiet bit (freedom/brotherhood/morning coffee made by a smiling Friar) of any half good Robin Hood film :) Good start.

• I think you nailed it right there @JohnnyGoodyear ;-)

• It's almost dawn here right now. I'm about to leave for work. Your piece made me wish I was entering a forest instead.

• Shut your eyes and imagine @markk

BUT not while driving!!!! :-O or crossing the road!

:-D

• I mastered the track too in Audio Mastering and replaced the original with the changed version at the same link.

• @richardyot nice song, great mid-90s vibe on the guitar work. Regarding mix ... Monitors will cure what ails you with bottom end. I found the vocal melody reminiscent of The BeeGees "Man in the Middle" via Alan Parsons. Not a bad thing.

It's been my experience that vocal delivery is 95% confidence and 5% playing to your strengths. Ultimately you hit a groove and it becomes much more fun and much less cause for concern :)

Unfortunately, though I worked 12 hours a day on my Police tribute song over the weekend, i couldn't find time to lay down the vox yet. Here's looking at April!

• edited April 2015

I hadn't really visited these song of the month threads much...I've been missing out. We got some talent around here don't we? (Obvious, but it deserves to be stated).

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    An alternate history. Voice recorded with MicSwap into Auria. Music a variety of iOS bits and bobs.

As with your other music (and vid) creations Mr. Goodyear, I like this. To me, it is has this ultra-cool and ultra-weird feel ...sci-fi on the edge. The subject matter is one that has always fascinated me...and you found a whole new angle for the story...wow!

Alternate History --- an important disclaimer for this track. LHO had never heard of Monday Night Football as it didn't begin until 1970...that is...in our current reality's timeline....I don't know about any others.

• ^^^^ Interesting. :-)

• @TozBourne said:
    I hadn't really visited these song of the month threads much...I've been missing out. We got some talent around here don't we? (Obvious, but it deserves to be stated).

Thanks Mister Toz.

In the typically defensive manner of any writer confronted with inconvenient, you know, facts, I can only say that the idea was that LHO lived in Russia for many years as Kennedy aged normally before dying when he was 80 (which would have been in 1997) and thus Oswald would indeed have come across MNF.

To be fair/honest etc. just beginning to think of all the 'well, then what about this and what about that?' involved makes my head spin. Which is why poems and songs can sometimes thankfully require less suspension of disbelief than Back to the Future :)

I arrived in America by flying into JFK and if there was one thing that I would like to noodle through in my convoluted way it would be if you don't break the first time-travelers rule ("Don't touch/change anything!") and nothing else changes except you keep the airport as 'Idlewild' what consequences would there be?

Oooof. Well, there goes the evening...

• @JohnnyGoodyear
    I made an attempt at humor, however twisted that was. I am glad you provided a bit of an explanation since the whole thing was wonderfully spun around in my mind anyway. Alternate histories/timelines are be fun to consider but could be enormous time drain if you go very deep.