Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnectAudio4+ news: Price, availability

Comments

• I want it.

• @MusicInclusive will you be doing videos again? Those were very helpful.

• I'm hopeful of doing some MusicInclusive overview / demo videos - sure. I imagine there will be official iC videos available too at some point @syrupcore.

• Their Facebook is cool with pics of Jordan Rudess and Adrian Belew checking it out. https://www.facebook.com/iConnectivityAudioMIDI

Anyone preorder it online yet?

• So worth it for the ability to use a USB hub.

• I wish this one had ADAT I/O.

• @syrupcore said:

I wish this one had ADAT I/O.

Would be a great addition...

• edited January 2015

@MusicInclusive - I've been assuming some things about the iCA4+, but since you have one already, wondering if you would please verify a few things for me if you get a chance...

1. Does each analog audio input have direct hardware monitoring control (i.e. mixer fader per channel, or on/off control, etc.)?

2. Does the USB host port provide typical USB power (5v, 500mA)?

3. Also, what are the specs on the power supply that ships with the iCA4+ (Volts, mA)? Still 12v @ 3A?

Thanks!

• edited January 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2015

@MusicInclusive
    Good news. Maybe you can help me with some questions here.

1. Is it possible to use device Port 1 and 2 and the USB host port, all three simultaneously ? (IC mentioned once a switch to be either/or)

2. Compared to the IC4+ would the ICA4+ have a better performance when working with Audiopassthru in terms of audio latency/dropouts due to not having the need anymore to set up a aggregate device?

As i was using a IC4+ and a NI Komplete Audio 6 Interface (set up as aggregate device) i was always experiencing latency & dropouts. Tried to Adjust some parameters in Inconfig Software and my DAW (Ableton) as described here in the forum by @josh, but it was still very noticeable.

Thanks!

• edited January 2015

Yikes, 2 months.

I'm not a good waiter. LOL

I buy ok. Then again, I guess I have this thread. : )

(time to throw my iTrack Dock out the window (via Ebay) )

• If I want 8-inputs will two ICA4+'s talk to each other???

• Doubt it means anything, but Sam Ash is selling a iConnectMIDI using a picture of the iConnectAudio on eBay. Yes, I admit I am searching eBay every day for the release of an iConnectAudio.

• edited February 2015

@BigDawgsByte said:
    Doubt it means anything, but Sam Ash is selling a iConnectMIDI using a picture of the iConnectAudio on eBay. Yes, I admit I am searching eBay every day for the release of an iConnectAudio.

Man are you grasping at straws :D

• edited February 2015

@Ringleader said:
    MusicInclusive - I've been assuming some things about the iCA4+, but since you have one already, wondering if you would please verify a few things for me if you get a chance...

1. Does each analog audio input have direct hardware monitoring control (i.e. mixer fader per channel, or on/off control, etc.)?

2. Does the USB host port provide typical USB power (5v, 500mA)?

3. Also, what are the specs on the power supply that ships with the iCA4+ (Volts, mA)? Still 12v @ 3A?

Thanks!

YES, Please these are exactly my qustions!
    I wanna be full mobile, with BatteryAmps and ext.PowerBanks, RockIt

• We should receive one soon, hopefully tomorrow I'll know more about the actual timing and report back :-)

• edited February 2015

@anr said:
    We should receive one soon, hopefully tomorrow I'll know more about the actual timing and report back :-)

Thanks and please don't forget about us! @MusicInclusive is having so much fun with his that he is totally lost in Musicville lol.

• I've actually been busy with a bunch of things. I'll try and get back with whatever answers I can - NDA permitting :-)

• Ha was just kidding! No worries!

• Can I use this to route multiple Audiobus channels to different tracks in my DAW (Ableton Live)?

• No @taroface, because Audiobus doesn't support it. However, if you were sending multiple outs from a program that does, like Cubasis or Auria, then yes you could.

• Wait... you mean Audiobus doesn't support iConnectAudio 4+? Or something else?

• edited February 2015

@taroface said:
    Wait... you mean Audiobus doesn't support iConnectAudio 4+? Or something else?

It probably doesn't show up in Audiobus. I think Connectivity would need to make an app to support AB, otherwise it is just system in/out, like any Audio interface.

Could be wrong though. Just guessing.

• I see. Sorry if this has been discussed before. Besides Cubasis/Auria, is there some utility app (or perhaps another interface) that one could plug into multiple AB outputs to send to different DAW tracks?

• @taroface MultiTrackDaw (think that's just called Multitrack now) might be able to do it, I've never tried.

MiMix might too (don't own it) but from the description it looks like it's just a stereo out.

The AB team have said that multi-out is on the proverbial list. When Loopy ME comes out, I reckon you'd be able to use that too.

Also, wetland or dryland taro?

• edited February 2015

@Nubus Audiobus has no problem with iCM2/4+ and iCA4+ & vice-versa. Rather Audiobus only supports a single stereo output channel presently vs. having multiple input channels.

• I think the latest version of MiMix added multi output support.

• That's true - Hmmm. So, I guess you could use MiMix inside AB to get around the issue. Interesting! :-) Thanks for the HU @rad3d! (Y)

• That sounds good. So MiMix + iConnectAudio 4+ would do it?

@syrupcore - I don't know. The fried one! :)

• @taroface said:
    syrupcore - I don't know. The fried one! :)

You are either not Hawaiian or are 100% confident your grandmother will not find this post.