Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iConnectAudio4+ news: Price, availability

Comments

• In all the demos thus far I'm using an iPad mini original (so, iPad 2 speed) running 7.1.2 with the latest apps.

• edited April 2015

@KDub wow, thanks for that in-depth detailed setup review, you certainly answered some of my questions! That's a nice setup you've got there too!

@taroface Notice how everything else he has is Korg? Well the 3DS is running Korg's DSN-12. It's a great app!

• @taroface said:
    What's the app you're using on the 3DS?

KORG DSN-12
    Very cool and cool sounding. We also have a community on Miiverse.

• If anyone needs assistance getting their hardware up and running as desired, feel free to post here:
    www.iconnectivity.com/forum

If you need deeper troubleshooting assistance, feel free to create a support ticket here:
    www.iconnectivity.com/support

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Cheers!

• @Ringleader - I have just done some iPad -> iPad audio and experienced no issues with crackling. So, as @Josh_iConnectivity suggested, submit your concern and it'll get looked at.

• @MusicInclusive said:
    Ringleader - I have just done some iPad -> iPad audio and experienced no issues with crackling. So, as Josh_iConnectivity suggested, submit your concern and it'll get looked at.

Submitted a ticket this morning, thanks!

• NP @Ringleader - I've cut some more videos today including 1.) 2 iPad audio using just the default setup, 2.) iPad1 + analog -> iPad 2 recording in Auria and 3.) iPad 1 running Auria hosting iSEM -> iPad 2 as outboard FX via Audiobus -> back to iPad 1 to record the processed signal in Auria. Hopefully up there sometime soon :-)

• Finally got mine this afternoon. Definitely seems to be a solid piece of hardware.

Took all of 2 minutes to set up audio/midi routing for both my iOS devices. So far, no issues.

• @MusicInclusive said:
    NP Ringleader - I've cut some more videos today including 1.) 2 iPad audio using just the default setup, 2.) iPad1 + analog -> iPad 2 recording in Auria and 3.) iPad 1 running Auria hosting iSEM -> iPad 2 as outboard FX via Audiobus -> back to iPad 1 to record the processed signal in Auria. Hopefully up there sometime soon :-)

Yes!!! Thank you!!

• @Kdub thanks a lot for your answer! Helps a lot.

• updated the firmware...that seems to have fixed the crackles...

• edited April 2015

hello, very excited about this release! anyone can tell something about the audio quality? iConnectmidi is awesome for music recording because of AudioPassThru technology...but what about the audio conversion of iconnectaudio? its good enough for recording? someone who could try to make a comparison with focusrite preamps?

• @ellof5446 You can download the product manual from iconnectivity.com and look on page 28 for a detailed breakdown of all the different audio freq and bit depth settings. I can tell you the quality of the analog I/O is very nice.

• edited April 2015

hi,
    I'm getting cracking/static audio after using for 20-30mins too, after a "reboot" of the Card it works for minutes than it crackles digital...
    use one Air2 iOS8.3 actuall Firmware of iCA4+
    just use SAMPLR in the Background and Sunriser played over LE

damn

• Same set-up as me...the latest firmware helped also playing with the buffer like 256 and 512 choose your effects sparingly...one at a time...see where the limit is...

• edited May 2015

Still got the crackles, had latest firmware Reset to facory & iOS8.3 & AB on an Air2
    iConfig SW on Win7

So the Card is actually useless for me!

hope the iOS Version of iConfig comes soon, this was one of the reason why i bought it, NO Computer anymore, but......not YET

Whats really confusing is the latency of the Value Changes inside of iConfig or outside with the Big knob on the front.
    If you change the Gain of the Input with the Frontknob, the SW Knob of the iconfig INPUTS dont move & it has a latency of this changing around 1second...if i just use the Frontknob to adjust the input Gain, i have no feedback which GAIN Level i set,...+the latency its like flying in the Dark.

how can i see Which value is actuelly set? in Standalone

Same if you raise it in iConfig the change of the value feels like its up to a second that its on the new value, even if your Input is totall in RED change the value to -0/inf. DB its up to a second to 0 or silence.

• regarding the crackles i opened a ticked at iconnectivity. the support is great but didn´t help for me because i wanted low latency on both ipads (air1, ios 8.3). i sent my unit back to the store a few days ago.
    i´m really sorry that i couldn´t configure this. i think i´ll come back to ica4+ when someone has figured out what i couldn´t the last two weeks.

• edited May 2015

It seems like we need a FW update that has a stronger clock sync or something. When I get the crackles I just unplug and reconnect and that fixes it for a bit. It is annoying but I am only using it in my home so I will wait it out for now to see what develops. Having iConfig working on iOS would make experimenting with two iPads so much easier.

• @Ringleader said:
    It seems like we need a FW update that has a stronger clock sync or something. When I get the crackles I just unplug and reconnect and that fixes it for a bit. It is annoying but I am only using it in my home so I will wait it out for now to see what develops. Having iConfig working on iOS would make experimenting with two iPads so much easier.

Yes indeed. I picked one up and I'm enjoying it but hooking up the computer to do a routing tweak is meh.

• @syrupcore said:
    Yes indeed. I picked one up and I'm enjoying it but hooking up the computer to do a routing tweak is meh.

Agreed. I love the hardware, but with as much time as it took to manufacture and ship (1+ yr), it sure seems like this would have been a tremendously simple iOS app to write in that amount of time and have ready from day 1.

• I'm kind of hoping that the delay is because they're going to simplify the UI for iOS. A boatload of grids isn't the most iOSian of application paradigms. I'd much rather see something like MIDI Bridge, allowing me to connect things visually.

Anyone else have a problem where class-compliant devices on your powered USB hub don't show up in the iConfig app? The devices are working but the names aren't. If I plug directly in (without the hub), the device names are loaded. Of course, that only works for a single device at a time. I might just need a different powered hub, I dunno.

• @syrupcore said:
    I'm kind of hoping that the delay is because they're going to simplify the UI for iOS. A boatload of grids isn't the most iOSian of application paradigms. I'd much rather see something like MIDI Bridge, allowing me to connect things visually.

Anyone else have a problem where class-compliant devices on your powered USB hub don't show up in the iConfig app? The devices are working but the names aren't. If I plug directly in (without the hub), the device names are loaded. Of course, that only works for a single device at a time. I might just need a different powered hub, I dunno.

I've actually been surprised at how well this thing handles my class compliant devices using several layers of hubs - with all names intact. 8 devices, 3 layers of hubs. From my viewpoint - I'm pretty amazed at how well it all works. I have a Vantech aluminum hub in the pedalboard, though the powered hub in my main rack (that everything goes through) is a $12 special.

• That's good to hear, thank you. My hub was a $15 special though! I'll go cheaper next time.

• edited May 2015

@owi said:
    regarding the crackles i opened a ticked at iconnectivity. the support is great but didn´t help for me because i wanted low latency on both ipads (air1, ios 8.3). i sent my unit back to the store a few days ago.
    i´m really sorry that i couldn´t configure this. i think i´ll come back to ica4+ when someone has figured out what i couldn´t the last two weeks.

Yes, try it tonight again, with another iPad mini and iOS7.1.2, but read that you try it with an AIR1, so my hope is on th lower end....

1. the crackles (knockout)
    2. the PC HAVE to; NO iOS iConfig App
      plus the latency of the change values with no visual feedback how much the gain is set, makes the adjustments for the inputs, feels like flying blinde....

i think i will send it very! sad back
    waiting a year for this, but..........

:-(

• Hey all, the design team is trying to reproduce the noise issues on their setups in lab - thank you for details in previous posts indicating your issues. As many have posted, this is likely a timing issue - one which we have not experienced in our office. Must admit, due to requirements for MFi certification, all of our devices (and we have many) are updated to latest iOS.

If you are having noise issue, we are interested in your combinations of iOS version, Mac / Windows, hardware versions, general description of your configuration (we will be releasing shortly new iConfig which will allow you to save presets and also send us configuration files). Please help us reproduce your issue so our designers can try to reproduce to diagnose. Please submit details in our ticketing system at www.iConnectivity.com/support

We are committed to make iConnectAUDIO4+ the best product available - we appreciate your help to achieve this goal. Thank you.

• Oh - and also would be very interested in more details of your iOS device beyond iPad Air 2 for example. Is it a WiFi version, WiFi and Cellular, how many GB. This may make a difference.

• Sorry for multiple posts - and if you could also give us a short audio file of the noise you are experiencing - this can tell the designers a lot as well.

• @MikeL Hi and thanks for stopping by. Do you guys have a time range (best case-worst case scenario) for the release of an iOS version of the config application? Promise not to hold you to it—just curious about a range.

• @syrupcore The iOS version is in full development - we will be asking for Beta testers soon. I am not the one though to say when the release is scheduled for and the Project Manager is out of office today. On the Apps side though, it is top priority.