Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who is using MIDIFlow?

Comments

• I have often praised MidiFlow as an awesome app, but I think I might have missed saying "awesome documentation too!!" :)

• JohannesD, Thats great thanks.

• Re CC <=> SYSEX message mapping: there are several schemes out there that use different Checksum methods and spans. MidiFlow does not (according to the manual) make any provision for Checksum at all. Those hardware synths etc would reject MidiFlow generated SYSEX because of incrrect Checksums. Specifically, Roland and Yamaha come to mind. TB MidiStuff handles Checksum properly for these conversion needs. But it is more work to set up than MidiFlow.

• That's right! If anybody needs this, send me a feature request!

• @JohannesD said:
    That's right! If anybody needs this, send me a feature request!

What is the best way to send you a feature request? I'm having another issue that I'd like to see addressed if possible.

• There is a feedback form in the app.

• @JohannesD is there a way to have my bluetooth midi controllers connected exclusively to midiflow? so I could use my USB keyboard to the promiscuous apps (korg, garaband) and my bluetooth controllers to control the others that can work with midiflow

• edited January 2016

Just managed to do it with Miselu's proprietary app, but then it just works for Miselu.24,

• @dwarman said:
    Re CC <=> SYSEX message mapping: there are several schemes out there that use different Checksum methods and spans.

Think it's time for you to write a book David. I know that Roland and Yamaha have had differing sysex implementations in the past but mostly from seeing it called out in MIDI Spec charts, not from actually knowing a thing about it!

• @syrupcore - scary idea that. True, I've enjoyed a long run and giving back is something I've considered, but get blocked on how?

• Maybe it's a blog instead of a book. And when you've blogged enough that you feel like it's a book, make a book. :) That way you don't get trapped behind the 'must be 200 pages' rock.

• Does anyone know if Midiflow will convert NRPN messages from my Alesis Micron controller (XYZ knobs) to MIDI CC's that can be read by synth apps like Sunrizer and iMini to control parameters within the app (via MIDI learn)?

• Yes, Midiflow supports (N)RPN

• hi @JohannesD Is there a way to send continuous repeating midi ccs or notes using the iap Send on load?
    I want to setup scale templates which send complete sets of repeating notes or cc's to controllers which light up. Like the livid Base and Qunexus. So that I can see scales across the keys to play.

Also would be great to be able to name individual routings in the app with a custom name to remind yourself what each one is doing because sometimes when you go back to a preset you forget what each one does. I prefer to have lots of different lanes in a preset and then mute the ones I'm not using if they are for a particular app or hardware, rather than having lots of presets to scroll through for example. So lane naming would be a very useful feature

thanks!.

• Love both those ideas.

• Names for routings are on my list for a longer time, along with a dark theme etc. :)

I'm not sure if I understand your other request. You would like to specify a repeat interval for each "send controller"? I wonder why this is needed for you to see scales. Why is it not enough to send the notes once? Or do you want the lights to flash?

• Is it possible to make proper remapping and conditions for ielectribe or troublemaker?

• @foxal said:
    Is it possible to make proper remapping and conditions for ielectribe or troublemaker?

Huh? Can you be more specific about what you want to do?

• @foxal said:
    Is it possible to make proper remapping and conditions for ielectribe or troublemaker?

Yes.

• edited May 2017

Z > @wim said:

@foxal said:

Huh? Can you be more specific about what you want to do?

Hi,

What I want to do in midiflow standalone with all IAP's , korg microkontrol, ielectribe standalone or loaded as IAA in modstep. The same exercise I made with troublemaker without any succes.

input korg microkontrol midi port A, output - Ielectribe or virtual port if ielectribe is loaded as IAA in modstep
    channel 10, all controllers channel 10
    controllers programmed in microkontrol:
    cc120 - will act as a switch

cc14 - synth 1 pitch

now what I make in midiflow:

cc15 - synth 2 pitch in ielectribe ----> condition: if cc120 value is 1, cc remapping cc14 -> cc15 is true, direct mode, list
    cc16 - synth 3 pitch in ielectribe ----> condition: if cc120 value is 2, cc remapping cc14 -> cc16 is true, direct mode, list
    and so on

I don't know what I make incorrectly. Possibly additional condition is needed.

If cc120 value is 0, cc14 works as it should
    So now if I switch cc120 value from 0 to 1, both encoders changing their state simultaneous if I spin cc 15 knob (c14 and cc15 in the same time). If the cc120 value is 2, cc14 and cc16 changing their state simultaneous

Any help?

• @JohannesD ? Maybe there is any tutorial?

• @foxal maybe adding [controllers: filtering out: cc14] to the conditions ...

• @ccs2 said:
    @foxal maybe adding [controllers: filtering out: cc14] to the conditions ...

good point, thx. "virtual" remapped knob works, but this programmed direct in microkontrol - not :(

• edited June 2017

No support from developer, waste of money (20 euro or so), be warned or you can do what you want without support.

• @foxal He's pretty active here. Vacation perhaps? Did you try to email him directly? This isn't the MIDI Flow forum.

• edited June 2017

Yes, Feedback within the app, direct mail and here in this thread. No idea where to ask. Maybe I resolve this myself. Anyway the app seems to be usefull to controll everything with just some knobs. But how? Don't know (yet, I hope)

• @foxal
    I'm very sorry for the delay, I'm still recovering from a serious illness. Can you please share a preset so that I can see what is going wrong in your setup?

• edited June 2017

Hi, thank You Johannes for the response. Link to preset : https://www.dropbox.com/s/aoknob87d7fkaz3/preset.mflw?dl=0

MIDI monitor show right messages, remapped and condition works. But knobs in ielectribe or troublemaker changing their state simultaneous. That must be something with MIDI devices, don't know. I tried the same with virtualport in modstep.

• @JohannesD do you have recaived my preset? I want clarify If this works, becouse it is one of the most importnat fearures of midiflow.

• @foxal
    Yes, I got your preset. Just tested it. The first thing I wonder is that you are talking about CC14->CC15 in your post, but I can only find remappings CC10->CC15 and CC10->CC16.

Everything works fine here I think: After loading the preset, I first send CC120 = 0. Then, I send some values CC10 and they are not forwarded (you activated "filter out all others"). Then, I send some values for CC11. Only 0 are forwarded because you have activated "Mode: Increase". When I set it to "Direct", the values are forwarded as expected.

When I send CC120 = 1, the other routing gets activated.

So, I think everything works as it has expected. Are you sure that your MIDI receiver is not receiving any data directly, bypassing Midiflow?