Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

News from Michael - Loopy: Masterpiece Edition

13»

Comments

• Michael wrote:
    Ooh, I'm gonna jump on this one right away, because I hear it a lot but don't yet understand well: the editing/trimming of loops.

Michael, I understand the constraints you are talking about and the main workflow of Loopy. Still, especially for the first loop, there are a number of times that I wish I could edit out a moment or two at the end of my loop.this happens most if I am playing say 12 or 16 measures of a backing rhythm groove on my guitar. While on the subject, it's the first loops that are most likely to need work. sometimes when I import a track from another app, the rhythm is off by a factor of two.I know there are workarounds for this, but maybe the masterpiece version will do something to make it easier or more painless.
    One other request: a way to tie together a few loops, so I could make chorus verse, chorus, Bridge. Or simply add two loops together, not an overlay them.

Cheers, Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Just seen the announcement vid. Awesome news.

• I just saw the new video posted today... Wow! Very exciting stuff.

• Ah, almost forgot. Almost the most important thing I'd like in loopy is a customizable metronome I.e. 3 or 5 different sounds for a click or even better upload your own? That would be freaking superawesome, dig?

• Just watched the video - looks amazing! Put it out as is today and I'd happily pay $20-30 bucks.

• edited November 2014

Go to the tumblr page to see a preview http://masterpieceedition.tumblr.com/

not a bad start, I would say.

• Wow, super impressive. All of a sudden Loopy became a proper daw! Loopy Pro?

• edited November 2014

Sounds like an amazing idea, I'd like loopy to still be a very performance/live based app, but with the depth to make tracks from start to finish. Almost like the Roland SP samplers I guess. I'd also love to be able to use iaa effects on individual loops/channels for playing in a live setting.

• My question is: is it going to be backwards compatible or IOS8 only?

• Excellent video! I want to be totally honest and say that while I own Loopy for both iPhone and iPad and really like some things about the app, there are elements to the interface that give me fits (like swiping through the tempo menus without bumping anything) and keep from using it more often. The Masterpiece edition is beautifully laid out and really seems to address some of these prior issues. And if it takes the immediacy and sketch-friendliness of Loopy and adds sequencing/DAW elements to it - that's a killer app right there.

Keep up the good work!

• Wow, anyone notice that each track has a toggle for "loop"? :-)

Turn it off... one-shot samples!

And I love the idea of designing your own layout

• edited November 2014

@Hmtx said:

Wow, anyone notice that each track has a toggle for "loop"? :-)

And I love the idea of designing your own layout

Yes.

A thousand times yes (but not when you can toggle it :).

Super excited about the aspects of this Loopy development that will be of use/benefit to those of us who DON'T want to use the app for live work (which is most of us, whether we watch Fallon or not).

• I really like the idea of different shapes and colours for tracks. With the stacks it may prove to be a ram killer but I guess air 2 will be ticking like a clockwork by the time of the release. If this gets full IAA implementation (fx and synths) it won't even need audiobus. Mmm, not sure if that's good or not.

• Definitely good for us.

• Hmmmm. Reminds me a little of Frances Bacon who famously died of pneumonia, contracted while studying the effects of freezing on the preservation of meat.

• edited November 2014

I'm not saying people should actively sit and wait for this stuff to drop. Surely everyone has better things to do but IOS 8 is bound to get better, at least by the time air 3 and pro drop.

I'm really glad that this will be coming from my favourite developer. This will at least mean ace audiobus integration and great usability just like with loopy.

• A new walkthrough video, a lot going on!

• Looking very good.

• I need to play with Loopy more. Somebody needs to represent the "soundscapes"/"ambient"/"evolving loop" contingent. ;)

• Looks amazing. Also digging the way Michael is revealing the app details. Echoes back to all those exciting months waiting for the birth of Audiobus.

• @GovernorSilver said:

I need to play with Loopy more. Somebody needs to represent the "soundscapes"/"ambient"/"evolving loop" contingent. ;)

It's really well suited to that. An update last year even provided a way to do fading overdubs.

• Yes. ++ on the fading business...