Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

News from Michael - Loopy: Masterpiece Edition

edited November 2014 in General App Discussion

I'm announcing a new project, folks!

http://masterpieceedition.tumblr.com/

Comments

• Sounds ambitious. I'll try to keep up.

• Well, brilliant business model, crowd-sourced research and development from us for him for us...my guess is he's earned that shot.

• It's definitely been my experience that you guys always know more than me about what I should be doing. So, time to actually make something of that =)

• Lol, very good.

• Two things: 1) I was disappointed because I thought this was an announcement that the feature film about Michael's life was starting production and 2) really felt that the announcement of this app should have been made in a room full of massive computing equipment with Michael wearing a lab coat and holding a clipboard. Seriously though... F YES!!! Out of all of my favorite devs, Michael has to be one of the top five (definitely in the top 10) to do something like this right. Really looking forward to it. Thank you, Michael.

• Haha - thanks so much Doug =)

• great! already bought!

• I like the part about:

"It's time to start saying yes" to all the Loopy feature requests. This is going to be good =)

• Wow. I watched my 7-yr old daughter having fun with loopy yesterday and it reminded me of the immediacy of this app. I've had my say about features over on the forum. This is really exciting news :)

• Thx for your personal thoughts and the info ;-)

subscribed

• I'm surprised at how few comments have been made since this announcement was made. I feel like if I wish @Michael the best of luck with this undertaking that I am actually wishing the best of luck for myself. If Michael creates the über-app then I win. Well, best of luck. I'm not sure how much input I'll have for this, but I will watch it with great interest and if I have two cents to throw in, I certainly will.

• Cool, can't wait, and would love to help in any way I can.

• I am not personally a big Loopy user, but this has got to be good and it is an exciting approach. I look forward to seeing more!

• I'm really looking forward to this! Michael is such a talented guy, I'm firmly of the belief that he can make something absolutely fantastic.

• edited November 2014

This almost sounds like Ableton for ios. Audio loops combined with midi loops. Hope the name is just a working title. Unless you're going for the classical market! ;)

• i think some consideration should be given to the way Abletons clip launching works.....and how everything feeds in and out of them coupled with the waveform warp markers etc...

Novations Launch Pad's tactile live playing feel....

oh and the ability to apply swing to loops ala Ableton....

• edited November 2014

I can not believe that loopy has been on my ipad for as long almost as any other app yet I am am only now beginning to sing it's praises. I had a go at it last night and everything just started to work for me and I felt like a kid in a candy store tryin to figure what i could loop next! I can even loop from line in with my hardware, this could be the start of a new and fun relationship!

• Inspired by the announcement!

• edited November 2014

make this stereo loop mono?
    no more mushy bass with that

• As I wrote on Twitter, looking Forward to it.

Loopy definitely Needs an Audio Quantise function to be a god send for us electronic musicians, our Music Needs to be spot on the grid to work :)

• Not in my cans! Or am I losing my marbles?

• nah, it was a feature request, lol

• Looking forward to how this develops over the next year.

• edited November 2014

it took me years to figure out that I need mono, lol
    its so simple
    so I don't want to be a harry comes to late this time

• edited November 2014

I've been a johnny-come-lately for all of my life, s'not so bad....

Actually I'm very-very-lately to Loopy....oh, of course I've played with it and have had it on my iPad since version one, but I don't really use it. Can anyone bullet out three or four things (beyond snatching live or street recordings which is what I mostly use it for) that you use Loopy for rather than, say, Gadget?

• edited November 2014

Best news in weeks man...

Your apps are the best...
    I am always using Loopy to make music but I am always wishing that :

• I could export all loops from a project at once (and not only via the general pasteboard... Audiocopy, dropbox, etc. would be also nice)
    • I could use a simple sequencer or loop on/off automation within loopy to build full songs.
    • I could slightly edit each loop (e.g. to suppress a bad note or adjust the length in case of slightly bad timing when stopping the loop recording, ...).

If you put all that in Loopy, I will be the most happy musician in the world.
    PS : and if you add a simple sampler with a sequence editor to trigger simple beats for example, then I'll be the most happy musician in the whole universe LOL (but I guess I'm asking too much this time).

Thanks for all your work and peace.

edit : should i post this on you blog man...?

• I hope that you can remain sane while sorting through 10,312 feature requests.

• DebDeb
    edited November 2014

I commented on the Loopy forum...so here are some of my suggestions:

a.) Make viewing the loops expandable into a larger audio region vs. just the circles
    b.) Higher Resolution Audio
    c.) Selectable Multi Input/Output routing selection; per loop and/or session based
    d.) Precise dB metering of the recorded audio files
    e.) Unlimited loops that you simply scroll down to your hearts content
    f.) Color code the loops and/or add text to the loops
    g.) Automatic record enable based on adjustable input signal threshold.