Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Released Updates!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• Yep. Can cure some odd stuff happening. Strangely.

• Frees up memory probably.

• Are there detailed release notes anywhere for the 1.04 update?

You can swipe left on imported samples now to delete them, but still no apparent way to rename them in the app, so you're stuck with "General Pasteboard" a little known character in Catch 22.

Also, in Abu Dhabi if you tap on a parameter (Attack, Decay, Pan, etc.) then tap on it again plus and minus signs come up allowing you to change the parameter value incrementally. Not sure if that's new though or if it's just something I am only discovering now.

• edited October 2014

@1P18 said:

Also, in Abu Dhabi if you tap on a parameter (Attack, Decay, Pan, etc.) then tap on it again plus and minus signs come up allowing you to change the parameter value incrementally. Not sure if that's new though or if it's just something I am only discovering now.

Great hint, I also didn't know that ... Thank you!

• Thanks @1P18

Deleting imported audio samples is new and is a really good space saving/management addition.

I name all my samples in whereever they come from (e.g. AudioShare, Figure, iMPC Pro etc.) when I copy them to audiocopy. (You might need to download the audiocopy app for this). Then it retains the name through to Gadget. So I don't have the general pasteboard problem at all.

• or - increments in Abu was there all along - and is very useful (especially for something delicate like pitch). You can also 'flick' the control to get it to round to the nearest 10 or whatever (same with all controls). This is also a real lifesaver once you know about it.
  • edited October 2014

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

(You might need to download the audiocopy app for this)

That did the trick. I was using Audioshare and all the imported samples had the "General Pasteboard" name. Now the names stick. Still mildly annoying that we need an entire extra app just to do this, and an extra app to trim and fade samples if needed. One of Gadget's strengths to me is that it keeps everything in house. They kind of dropped down a notch with these new samplers. Ideally it would be great if you could just resample something from Gadget into Gadget, trim and fade it, rename it, etc. all within Gadget. I hate interapp dependency.

• edited October 2014

@klangsulfat said:

Great hint, I also didn't know that ... Thank you!

No problem. Another one I just discovered: You can delete effects automation with a left swipe, just go to the automation section and scroll to the automation you want to delete and swipe left on the name. A little X will appear to delete.

Starting to warm up to the Audicopy app, and just treating it like an iPad system app, and tucking it away out of sight. Still think it's kind of lame, and hope they instead add all the function of that app into Gadget.

Thanks Matt for that incremental flick gesture. I remember that from the Poly Synth app, very useful.

• Yep, I'm just heavily using the:

3rd party app/sample (via audiobus) > Audioshare (trim to exact bars) > IMPC (slice) > Audiocopy > Gadget

method all the time - skipping iMPC if it's a one shot less than 5 seconds.

It's kind of annoying it's not all possible within gadget but it does all work pretty reliably / accurately once you get into the swing. And Audioshare is very nice to use to hold and manage samples.

• Just a quick question...

Anyone using the latest Gadget update with iOS7.1.2? Is it working ok? Any major problems?

• I was wondering the same thing. I'm too scared to update until I'm sure.

• Works fine on my minir

• Insanely huge thanks for the swipe left to remove automation comment! I really thought you had to delete them all if you wanted to remove one parameter!

• Latest Gadget on ios7/air here. All good so far

• Thanks. I might consider updating gadget then. I was concerned with some sound quality comments on here on the day of the update.

• I've used Gadget multiple times this week on the latest version of iOS7 (iPad 2). Seems to be working just fine!

• Cheers for the replies, if I'm feeling adventurous tomorrow I might just hit the update button. On the one hand it all works fine right now, on the other I have a load of samples to delete from inside the app...

• Weird. If I copy something from Gadget and then open Auria to paste it, Gadget crashes/shutdown. Running them both through AB: No problem. No big deal. ios7/air.

• I have always found that loading Auria crashes Gadget. Also on an Air.

• Auria crashes Gadget sounds like a variant of Rocks beats Scissors :)

• Ah but Spock vaporises rock ....

• edited October 2014

MIDI sync timing in Gadget is much better now. But I don't know what exactly the reason for this is ... the Gadget 1.0.4 update or my new MIDI/USB cable. Unfortunately, I realized the first time that manually switching song scenes in external sync mode isn't possible in Gadget :-(

• So,samplers are available for while now and how happy are the users with Bilbao?Dropbox integration flawless?

• Happy with Bilbao, got most things a drum/one shot sampler needs. There is the sample sorting thing, all samples ends up in the same folder, so no sorting, yet at least. Thats a global thing in Gadget though.

An issue I've personally just noticed myself (seen one or two others mention it before) while making a cinematic percussions kit in Bilbao, and that is that Bilbao will introduce artificial clicks/pops on the beginning of a sample, softer/rounder samples is mostly affected by this (like soft kicks, or booms etc), when triggered rapidly. It's a bit weird since we're talking Korg here. It's not like them to leave issues like this in their products, I'm hoping they will sort the "pop" thing out soon tho..

• Thank Chris.I can imagine there will be a new update soon when they release their module app.As for Bilbao:is it possible to prelisten to samples before importing them from Dropbox?

• @Crabman said:

Thank Chris.I can imagine there will be a new update soon when they release their module app.As for Bilbao:is it possible to prelisten to samples before importing them from Dropbox?

Yep there's a play button next to any audio file that lets you stream/preview before downloading it into Gadget.