Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Released Updates!!!!!!

Updates for Korg Apps available!!!!

Comments

• still not updating to iOS8 until everything is running smoothly and other apps have been updated.
    Nice to see that Korg still cares about their older apps though!

• Have anyone noticed a difference in audio quality of Gadget since last update. The output is low

• I had noticed worst sound in every Korg app updated tonight.

• @fjcblanco I sent them a message on Twitter may be you can do the same.

• on ios8 or ios7 ?

• I'm twitterless, but thanks...iOS 7.1.2

• I already have the previous ipa in my laptop, so maybe I'll try to reinstall them from there.

• hm.. they would need to fix it, resubmit.. it can take 3 more weeks

• No issues here.Gadget has normal output and the other Korgs sound "undistorted" at least
    to my ears.iPad4,iOS 7.1.2.

• edited October 2014

Sound working fine for me on iOS 8. I had issues before where I had no sound but after rebooting my iPad Mini retina everything is back working fine.

• edited October 2014

Always good to have a look here first,before updating.Another bunch of iOS8 updates that will keep sitting in the app store updates folder until i update to iOS8.

A game changer would be if they implement the latest audiobus sdk though ;-)

• I am using iPad Air ios 8

• I haven't got the chance to play with Gadget. Is the latency better? I find it hard to play drums on the screen, or even with MIDI because of the latency. I have it set to ultra fast or whatever it's called but it still lags a bit.

The only workaround is to pipe Gadget through Audiobus and set the buffer to 256.

iOS8 / iPad Air. It did the same on iOS7 too.

• Worth doing a "proper" reboot of the iOS device. Cant speak for my devices yet (my personal device is staying iOS 7 for the moment and I havent had chance to test the latest apps on the work test iOS 8 iPad) - but I did have some strange distortion on my iPad a few weeks back which I was putting down to software issues. Turning it off and back on again sorted it. At least in that case it did ....

• Yes. I didn't the reboot...so I'll try it when back home before take drastical decissions.

• One question guys.. Gadget is updated, it means Gadget and all builtin machines are, but what about IAP stuff? How do they update those?

• Try rebooting like I mentioned earlier on in the thread.

• edited October 2014

@alexbuga said:

I haven't got the chance to play with Gadget. Is the latency better? I find it hard to play drums on the screen, or even with MIDI because of the latency. I have it set to ultra fast or whatever it's called but it still lags a bit.

The only workaround is to pipe Gadget through Audiobus and set the buffer to 256.

iOS8 / iPad Air. It did the same on iOS7 too.

The midi sync is as bad as before. I played around with Bilbao and the latency feels tighter, can't say for sure though, I kinda felt the same on London in one of the earlier updates, but that was probably just me getting used to the latency so..who knows :)

I'm not getting any apparent sound issues in Gadget, iElectribe or iPoly. I'm on iOS 8.02 iPad Air.

• edited October 2014

I think the IAPs are integrated in Gadget. The purchase will only unlock them and does load the samples from the server.

• Today I had a weird thing happen in Gadget (iPad Air, iOS7, not updated to today's new Gadget version yet - and by the sounds of the above I might leave it for a good while).

Starting up Z3ta and StepPolyArp (nothing else running) completely warped the sound in Gadget. The Gadget snyths got loads louder, all the samples got very very quiet and there was also this weird chip-tune like distorted sound playing in the same rhythm as my Dublin sub-bass and Bangkok pad.

Quitting all apps, including Gadget, didn't fix it. The only way I fixed it was by rebooting the ipad. The same thing happened again. Rebooted. The same thing happened again.

It's a fairly full Gadget project (14 tracks, mostly Abus and Bilbaos running lots of samples - although ot many were actually playing in the sequence I was looping at the time) so I suspect i've finally hit memory issues.

I also found, very oddly, that changing patterns in StepPolyArp while Gadget is running, would have the effect of an Bilbao instance I had open lose all it's links to user samples. I had to re-allocate the user samples to the pads and this fixed it. Again, perhaps a memory thing.

Gadget used to be 99.9% stable for me for the last 6 months. I think the new sample players are probably (unsurprisingly) stretching the memory of the iPad - and there a few little bugs probably too (although they can be worked around).

Still the best all round music making app currently available IMO.

• Lots of variables in the equation. Too many. Multiple samples, memory questions, OS issues, compatibility. Makes me think of Yeats:

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

• Well, fortunately, when I started my iPad every Korg app went OK. So rebooting is a good idea.

• The centre cannot hold.

• You see: Turn it off and back on again DOES work :-) Its not just some random thing IT people say....

• edited October 2014

@kitejan said:

You see: Turn it off and back on again DOES work :-) Its not just some random thing IT people say....

Exactly. That's what I always do if I run into problems and hence I mentioned on here as a last resort.

• No problems here with Gadget (iOS 8.0.2, iPad Air). BTW, I created user folders for my own samples with iFunBox. Without success :-(

• By the way... all my weird problems above with Gadget being effected by other apps fixed themselves yesterday by switching on airplane mode. Problem solved. Things back to normal again.

• edited October 2014

So uh, WTF.... Long story short, download Gadget 1.04 from scratch from the store, and now Bilbao and Abu Dhabi only have the first factory kit. All the other kits are empty.

I'm starting to not like Korg so much.

Edit: Restored 1.03 from Time Machine backup and then updated to 1.04, and all kits are restored.

• Very odd.

I was still getting some user samples being forgotten by Gadget last night. Even with airplane mode on. Fixable by reloading the user preset on Bilbao but a little annoying.

• Is airplane mode a common fix? I'm new to iOS:)