Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Damage Axon 3 (released)

«134567

Comments

  • Is 2024 gonna be the year of drum synths!?

  • loved Axon 2 but never really got my head around it, used it more for the randomness (generally fed into Replicant for extra volatility lol)

    curious for v3

  • @drewinnit said:
    loved Axon 2 but never really got my head around it, used it more for the randomness (generally fed into Replicant for extra volatility lol)

    curious for v3

    Haven't even got my head around Replicant 3 yet 😅

    I found that it has a bunch of presets that are great on a send/return channel for hats and other percussion fed into it from a drum machine, adding glitchy drum layers without having to program them manually or search for glitch loops.

    Is Axon used or meant to be used to replace a drum machine and its core sounds, or more for additional layers of percussion?

  • @drewinnit said:
    loved Axon 2 but never really got my head around it, used it more for the randomness (generally fed into Replicant for extra volatility lol)

    curious for v3

    Same here. I just ran factory patches into Replicant. Always wanted for more patches. This new one sounds good. Did they really leave shuffle out again? Why?

  • edited February 28

    Does anyone know how the offset value for the neurons work? I can’t seem to get a noticable result from using that variable in AUM.

  • @Butterfrog said:
    Does anyone know how the offset value for the neurons work? I can’t seem to get a noticable result from using that variable in AUM.

    It works, as far as I can see - there is a section in the manual that explains a simple setup to let you hear how Offset works. You also need to make sure that you have selected the Neuron you want to offset. Some aspects of the UI of this app are not particularly intuitive.

  • @Gavinski thanks for your reply. I rtfm but didn't follow the basic example yet. I will try that later today to find out what I have been missing/doing wrong.

    I Agree on the interface being somewhat unintuitive. For me it is mostly the neuron selection procedure. I think making the neuron parameter view switch with the neuron selection buttons in the synth section would be a huge impromevement. What would you change and do you know if the dev is open to suggestions?

  • @Butterfrog said:
    @Gavinski thanks for your reply. I rtfm but didn't follow the basic example yet. I will try that later today to find out what I have been missing/doing wrong.

    I Agree on the interface being somewhat unintuitive. For me it is mostly the neuron selection procedure. I think making the neuron parameter view switch with the neuron selection buttons in the synth section would be a huge impromevement. What would you change and do you know if the dev is open to suggestions?

    I have barely looked at this tbh, and have not read the whole manual, though it always seemed like a cool drum machine. Audio Damage has never been known as a very responsive dev, particularly regarding iOS, but you could get in touch. You can't select a node while it is on the connection setting, I think that threw me a bit. It seems like it should be easy enough to both select nodes and link them by gestures only without needing a button involved. I guess it is something you could get used to, maybe. Or maybe we both just need to read the manual properly, I dunno. I don't use drums much so not sure I will 🤷‍♂️

  • edited March 2

    AD has a discord with plenty of customer engagement.

    I find most of the complaints around customer service to be more an issue with people not realizing they are dealing with an NYC guy. You'll get answers, but you may not appreciate the tone. I personally find it refreshing.

  • @bronc_combo said:
    AD has a discord with plenty of customer engagement.

    I find most of the complaints around customer service to be more an issue with people not realizing they are dealing with an NYC guy. You'll get answers, but you may not appreciate the tone. I personally find it refreshing.

    Selling people broken eurorack modules and then going “out of business” rather than fixing the modules is more than a tone problem!

  • edited March 2

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

    @bronc_combo said:
    AD has a discord with plenty of customer engagement.

    I find most of the complaints around customer service to be more an issue with people not realizing they are dealing with an NYC guy. You'll get answers, but you may not appreciate the tone. I personally find it refreshing.

    Selling people broken eurorack modules and then going “out of business” rather than fixing the modules is more than a tone problem!

    Sure, and that's part of why I said most. But also it's an unfortunate part of business realism, which generally sucks for the consumer. I still haven't bought anything from Native Instruments since they discontinued Kore 2, and I don't blame anyone for avoiding AD if they feel burned. I do think Chris gets unfairly maligned for his communication, but I also realize that folks believe they got screwed on the Euro front in particular, and I definitely don't know enough to argue about it one way or another.

  • I do appreciate Chris Randall having clearly explained their reasons for iOS apps being cheaper years ago (no resale/transfer, single instead of multiplatform)

  • edited April 2

    .

  • @bronc_combo said:
    I find most of the complaints around customer service to be more an issue with people not realizing they are dealing with an NYC guy. You'll get answers, but you may not appreciate the tone. I personally find it refreshing.

    I didn’t realize that. It’s definitely not a bad thing, and not just refreshing but great to hear things without the bullshit.

  • edited April 2

    After testing Axon 3 I found it was crashing frequently, so I posted the following message on the AD Discord:

    Anyways, a new beta dropped yesterday, and I was surprised to see the following comment in the release notes:

    :D :D :D

    Fame at last! Has anyone else been featured in a dev's release notes (though they clearly didn't actually read my post)? I think I might frame it.

    I followed up on Discord to ask if the release notes were referring to my post, which had in fact contained some useful info, and saying they could have asked for more info or suggested some specifics to test, and that there might be better ways to generate goodwill with people who are testing their app for free, but this follow-up post was deleted very shortly after ... :o

    Shame really - as it is a great app for creating scratchy glitchy type rhythm loops.

  • @craftycurate said:
    After testing Axon 3 I found it was crashing frequently, so I posted the following message on the AD Discord:

    Anyways, a new beta dropped yesterday, and I was surprised to see the following comment in the release notes:



    :D :D :D

    Fame at last! Has anyone else been featured in a dev's release notes (though they clearly didn't actually read my post)? I think I might frame it.

    I followed up on Discord to ask if the release notes were referring to my post, which had in fact contained some useful info, and saying they could have asked for more info or suggested some specifics to test, and that there might be better ways to generate goodwill with people who are testing their app for free, but this follow-up post was deleted very shortly after ... :o

    Shame really - as it is a great app for creating scratchy glitchy type rhythm loops.

    As others have said, NYC guy. Attention span good for a sentence max, and that’s stretching it.

  • @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @craftycurate said:
    After testing Axon 3 I found it was crashing frequently, so I posted the following message on the AD Discord:

    Anyways, a new beta dropped yesterday, and I was surprised to see the following comment in the release notes:



    :D :D :D

    Fame at last! Has anyone else been featured in a dev's release notes (though they clearly didn't actually read my post)? I think I might frame it.

    I followed up on Discord to ask if the release notes were referring to my post, which had in fact contained some useful info, and saying they could have asked for more info or suggested some specifics to test, and that there might be better ways to generate goodwill with people who are testing their app for free, but this follow-up post was deleted very shortly after ... :o

    Shame really - as it is a great app for creating scratchy glitchy type rhythm loops.

    As others have said, NYC guy. Attention span good for a sentence max, and that’s stretching it.

    NYC guy here. Plenty of us don't talk like this. I actually have seen more rudeness since moving to Boston than I ever have in NYC. I don't think that resentful or passive aggressive tone is a regional thing.

  • @NoncompliantBryant said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @craftycurate said:
    After testing Axon 3 I found it was crashing frequently, so I posted the following message on the AD Discord:

    Anyways, a new beta dropped yesterday, and I was surprised to see the following comment in the release notes:



    :D :D :D

    Fame at last! Has anyone else been featured in a dev's release notes (though they clearly didn't actually read my post)? I think I might frame it.

    I followed up on Discord to ask if the release notes were referring to my post, which had in fact contained some useful info, and saying they could have asked for more info or suggested some specifics to test, and that there might be better ways to generate goodwill with people who are testing their app for free, but this follow-up post was deleted very shortly after ... :o

    Shame really - as it is a great app for creating scratchy glitchy type rhythm loops.

    As others have said, NYC guy. Attention span good for a sentence max, and that’s stretching it.

    NYC guy here. Plenty of us don't talk like this. I actually have seen more rudeness since moving to Boston than I ever have in NYC. I don't think that resentful or passive aggressive tone is a regional thing.

    lol. That's like Minnesotans saying it's cold in North Dakota.

  • And? I've seen plenty of rudeness in this forum from people who are markedly not from NYC, Boston, insert x "rude region." Rudeness abounds, especially on the internet.

  • @NoncompliantBryant said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @craftycurate said:
    After testing Axon 3 I found it was crashing frequently, so I posted the following message on the AD Discord:

    Anyways, a new beta dropped yesterday, and I was surprised to see the following comment in the release notes:



    :D :D :D

    Fame at last! Has anyone else been featured in a dev's release notes (though they clearly didn't actually read my post)? I think I might frame it.

    I followed up on Discord to ask if the release notes were referring to my post, which had in fact contained some useful info, and saying they could have asked for more info or suggested some specifics to test, and that there might be better ways to generate goodwill with people who are testing their app for free, but this follow-up post was deleted very shortly after ... :o

    Shame really - as it is a great app for creating scratchy glitchy type rhythm loops.

    As others have said, NYC guy. Attention span good for a sentence max, and that’s stretching it.

    NYC guy here. Plenty of us don't talk like this. I actually have seen more rudeness since moving to Boston than I ever have in NYC. I don't think that resentful or passive aggressive tone is a regional thing.

    Off topic: but I’ve never experienced general rudeness in NYC. People aren’t as keen to engage in small talk like they are here in the South (Austin), but any time I’ve asked for directions in NYC help, metro help, etc. every single time the person I asked was friendly and happy to help.

  • @skiphunt said:

    @NoncompliantBryant said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @craftycurate said:
    After testing Axon 3 I found it was crashing frequently, so I posted the following message on the AD Discord:

    Anyways, a new beta dropped yesterday, and I was surprised to see the following comment in the release notes:



    :D :D :D

    Fame at last! Has anyone else been featured in a dev's release notes (though they clearly didn't actually read my post)? I think I might frame it.

    I followed up on Discord to ask if the release notes were referring to my post, which had in fact contained some useful info, and saying they could have asked for more info or suggested some specifics to test, and that there might be better ways to generate goodwill with people who are testing their app for free, but this follow-up post was deleted very shortly after ... :o

    Shame really - as it is a great app for creating scratchy glitchy type rhythm loops.

    As others have said, NYC guy. Attention span good for a sentence max, and that’s stretching it.

    NYC guy here. Plenty of us don't talk like this. I actually have seen more rudeness since moving to Boston than I ever have in NYC. I don't think that resentful or passive aggressive tone is a regional thing.

    Off topic: but I’ve never experienced general rudeness in NYC. People aren’t as keen to engage in small talk like they are here in the South (Austin), but any time I’ve asked for directions in NYC help, metro help, etc. every single time the person I asked was friendly and happy to help.

    👍. People learn to be pretty small talk averse... Being crammed in like sardines is a big part of it.

    As for the app, I'm wondering what it brings beyond what we have in Axon 2. It's a great app, but at least for me it fills a very particular niche.

  • edited April 2

    @NoncompliantBryant said:

    @skiphunt said:

    @NoncompliantBryant said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @craftycurate said:
    After testing Axon 3 I found it was crashing frequently, so I posted the following message on the AD Discord:

    Anyways, a new beta dropped yesterday, and I was surprised to see the following comment in the release notes:



    :D :D :D

    Fame at last! Has anyone else been featured in a dev's release notes (though they clearly didn't actually read my post)? I think I might frame it.

    I followed up on Discord to ask if the release notes were referring to my post, which had in fact contained some useful info, and saying they could have asked for more info or suggested some specifics to test, and that there might be better ways to generate goodwill with people who are testing their app for free, but this follow-up post was deleted very shortly after ... :o

    Shame really - as it is a great app for creating scratchy glitchy type rhythm loops.

    As others have said, NYC guy. Attention span good for a sentence max, and that’s stretching it.

    NYC guy here. Plenty of us don't talk like this. I actually have seen more rudeness since moving to Boston than I ever have in NYC. I don't think that resentful or passive aggressive tone is a regional thing.

    Off topic: but I’ve never experienced general rudeness in NYC. People aren’t as keen to engage in small talk like they are here in the South (Austin), but any time I’ve asked for directions in NYC help, metro help, etc. every single time the person I asked was friendly and happy to help.

    👍. People learn to be pretty small talk averse... Being crammed in like sardines is a big part of it.

    As for the app, I'm wondering what it brings beyond what we have in Axon 2. It's a great app, but at least for me it fills a very particular niche.

    To be honest, I’m pretty small talk averse myself. I think that’s one of the reasons I may prefer larger cities ;)

    So far, I haven’t seen a lot that you couldn’t actually do in Axon 2… but I feel the Axon 3 interface is better and more intuitive to me. I think the synth in Axon 3 might sound better overall as well.

  • @NoncompliantBryant said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @craftycurate said:
    After testing Axon 3 I found it was crashing frequently, so I posted the following message on the AD Discord:

    Anyways, a new beta dropped yesterday, and I was surprised to see the following comment in the release notes:



    :D :D :D

    Fame at last! Has anyone else been featured in a dev's release notes (though they clearly didn't actually read my post)? I think I might frame it.

    I followed up on Discord to ask if the release notes were referring to my post, which had in fact contained some useful info, and saying they could have asked for more info or suggested some specifics to test, and that there might be better ways to generate goodwill with people who are testing their app for free, but this follow-up post was deleted very shortly after ... :o

    Shame really - as it is a great app for creating scratchy glitchy type rhythm loops.

    As others have said, NYC guy. Attention span good for a sentence max, and that’s stretching it.

    NYC guy here. Plenty of us don't talk like this. I actually have seen more rudeness since moving to Boston than I ever have in NYC. I don't think that resentful or passive aggressive tone is a regional thing.

    Obligatory trash talking aside, I’ve lived in Brooklyn for close to a decade and found New Yorkers to be very nice.

  • @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @NoncompliantBryant said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @craftycurate said:
    After testing Axon 3 I found it was crashing frequently, so I posted the following message on the AD Discord:

    Anyways, a new beta dropped yesterday, and I was surprised to see the following comment in the release notes:



    :D :D :D

    Fame at last! Has anyone else been featured in a dev's release notes (though they clearly didn't actually read my post)? I think I might frame it.

    I followed up on Discord to ask if the release notes were referring to my post, which had in fact contained some useful info, and saying they could have asked for more info or suggested some specifics to test, and that there might be better ways to generate goodwill with people who are testing their app for free, but this follow-up post was deleted very shortly after ... :o

    Shame really - as it is a great app for creating scratchy glitchy type rhythm loops.

    As others have said, NYC guy. Attention span good for a sentence max, and that’s stretching it.

    NYC guy here. Plenty of us don't talk like this. I actually have seen more rudeness since moving to Boston than I ever have in NYC. I don't think that resentful or passive aggressive tone is a regional thing.

    Obligatory trash talking aside, I’ve lived in Brooklyn for close to a decade and found New Yorkers to be very nice.

    Never lived there, but in-laws are from NYC and visited a lot when I lived in NH. I think it does take some getting used to, but you’ve got to be blind to miss that New Yorkers are friendly.

    We moved to the Carolinas 20 years ago and I miss the honesty and tell it like it is attitude of the north east. I hate the fake nice you get from most people here.

  • @michael_m said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    Obligatory trash talking aside, I’ve lived in Brooklyn for close to a decade and found New Yorkers to be very nice.

    Never lived there, but in-laws are from NYC and visited a lot when I lived in NH. I think it does take some getting used to, but you’ve got to be blind to miss that New Yorkers are friendly.

    We moved to the Carolinas 20 years ago and I miss the honesty and tell it like it is attitude of the north east. I hate the fake nice you get from most people here.

    Haha, you’d love living in Germany then. We make New Yorkers look positively reticent and circumspect.

  • @Philandering_Bastard said:

    @michael_m said:

    @Philandering_Bastard said:

    Obligatory trash talking aside, I’ve lived in Brooklyn for close to a decade and found New Yorkers to be very nice.

    Never lived there, but in-laws are from NYC and visited a lot when I lived in NH. I think it does take some getting used to, but you’ve got to be blind to miss that New Yorkers are friendly.

    We moved to the Carolinas 20 years ago and I miss the honesty and tell it like it is attitude of the north east. I hate the fake nice you get from most people here.

    Haha, you’d love living in Germany then. We make New Yorkers look positively reticent and circumspect.

    Actually I have quite a few German friends and they are definitely straight to the point about things. Definitely some similar social traits between them and New Yorkers.

  • I couldn’t imagine living outside a city. Everyone minds their business in St. Louis and generally can be pretty friendly but I guess you can also get your car jacked if you’re too naive out here

  • edited April 11

    Nice price - got it now! :-) It looks very interesting! Just really hope it is more stable than their other apps though.
    I have Quanta, Continua and Phosphor3 - all are really great and original apps, but unfortunately also very prone to crashing randomly, to a degree, that I do not use them as much as I would like. (I’ve yet to find a patterne for either in when it happens.)

  • @catbox said:
    Nice price - got it now! :-) It looks very interesting! Just really hope it is more stable than their other apps though.
    I have Quanta, Continua and Phosphor3 - all are really great and original apps, but unfortunately also very prone to crashing randomly, to a degree, that I do not use them as much as I would like. (I’ve yet to find a patterne for either in when it happens.)

    Oh, and I did not want to seem too negative btw! On first try this sounds amazing and is tons of fun! :smile:

Sign In or Register to comment.