Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog is now part of inMusic: UPDATE 😞

edited September 2023 in Hardware

UPDATE
https://synthanatomy.com/2023/09/inmusic-has-fired-a-large-portion-of-the-moog-staff-a-sad-day-for-synth-industry.html

“To our friends, artists, partners, collaborators, and community:

It is my pleasure and privilege to bring you the exciting news that Moog Music has joined the inMusic family.

With its diverse roster of innovative companies across the music technology space, inMusic is known for its dedication to developing quality performance and production instruments for musicians across the globe. We are thrilled to join this group of talented, like-minded people who support our mission as we continue to design and build the world’s best-sounding electronic musical instruments.

Devoted to maintaining the sound, quality, and manufacturing philosophy that Moog is known for, inMusic is able to offer solutions to support the areas that have been ongoing challenges for our company as a small manufacturing business. This new partnership will enable us access to inMusic's efficient global distribution and supply chain network while providing inMusic and its affiliated brands with deep expertise in analog synthesis.

With product development continuing to be led by Steve Dunnington, a long-time Moog engineer and former student of Bob Moog, we are proud to keep engineering, designing, and building instruments in our hometown of Asheville, North Carolina, USA.

Our new partners at inMusic, based in Cumberland, Rhode Island, will bring an extraordinary wealth of knowledge and experience to help bolster our efforts and build upon our 70-year legacy.

The recent conversations that I've had with inMusic CEO Jack O'Donnell have been inspiring, to say the least. Jack shared with me the stories of his first synthesizer, a Moog modular system, and the impact this instrument and Bob's vision have had on his career. We had the opportunity to host Jack at the Moog factory recently and share with him the passion and dedication our small team brings to our work daily.

We are excited to introduce you to the many innovative hardware and software instruments our team has on the horizon. This partnership with inMusic will allow us to reach new communities and continue to push the boundaries of music technology. Finding a partner that honors our values, mission, and legacy is a great boon for our company and community.

The future is bright for Moog and the incredible community that has embraced our instruments and all we stand for. We’re grateful for your loyalty and support along the way, and we can’t wait for you to see (and hear) all that’s ahead.”

Sincerely,

Joe Richardson
President, Moog Music

Comments

• Interesting news. Thanks Mike.

• @cyberheater said:
    Interesting news. Thanks Mike.

Shucks! Maybe a genuine Moog Model D plugin or others for the MPC are on the horizon…

• @cyberheater said:

No…
    Robert (Bob) shouldn’t gone this way, never…

But, Moog have been bankrupt earlier…

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@cyberheater said:

No…

Yes. A survival plan.

• edited June 2023

@cyberheater said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@cyberheater said:

No…

Yes. A survival plan.

Right, times are tough, smart to pool resources. I’m excited for some possible Akai + Moog collaborations!

• @AlanC3 said:

😂 ouch!

• @AlanC3 said:

Good old Roger. Damn... That's a pity

• Here's an article on inMusic's acquistion of Moog at SonicState. "It's being pitched as a 'joining of forces' or a 'merging of interests' rather than a 'we needed to raise some cash and have been looking for a buyer'.":

https://sonicstate.com/news/2023/06/13/moog-just-sold-to-inmusic-joining-akai-and-alesis/

• That's bad news , hopefully it won't affect current iOS apps
    Pretty sure ,people loving hardware Moog synths will be disappointed

• edited June 2023

Lets just hope inMusic doesn't pull the plug on the Moog apps on the Appstore...
    ...can't help it but to me this feels like the final nail in the coffin for Moog as a brand/company.

• I really wonder what this will mean for Moog in the long term.

When Sequential joined the Focusrite group you could see why Dave Smith had chosen that company by looking at how they handled their other acquisitions. Adam Audio, for example, continued pretty much exactly as they always had been, just benefiting from the buying and distribution power of the larger group. And so far Sequential (and now Oberheim) seem to be following the same path.

Will inMusic allow Moog to remain pretty much autonomous?

• Jack 🤢’Donnell

• edited June 2023

They also bought BFD.

That went well. <<//s>>

• edited June 2023

2011 I bought AniMoog for one (1) dollar - twelve years later, AniMoog still works for me, and, havn’t pay a cent since 2011…

Sense moral, bad business Moog…

• @klownshed said:
    They also bought BFD.

That went well. <<//s>>

Well , Geist2 that remained in fxpansion didn't had better luck either :p (best groovebox/sampler)

• @klownshed said:
    They also bought BFD.

That went well. <<//s>>

And the rest of FXpansion went to Roli. That went "well", too.

• Ahhhhh, "friends" and "family"... all sounds so cozy and heartwarming 🥰

• @Samu said:
    Lets just hope inMusic doesn't pull the plug on the Moog apps on the Appstore...
    ...can't help it but to me this feels like the final nail in the coffin for Moog as a brand/company.

They can sell the VSTs for MPC separately so maybe not.

• This is part of the consolidation of synth brands which started 2-3 years ago. Not surprising since synths have increased in popularity. Lots of brands have been bought or combined.

• @auxmux said:
    This is part of the consolidation of synth brands which started 2-3 years ago. Not surprising since synths have increased in popularity. Lots of brands have been bought or combined.

That trend is going to continue. The population is shrinking, so the number of people who will be around to buy things will also be fewer in numbers.

• @NeuM said:

@auxmux said:
    This is part of the consolidation of synth brands which started 2-3 years ago. Not surprising since synths have increased in popularity. Lots of brands have been bought or combined.

That trend is going to continue. The population is shrinking, so the number of people who will be around to buy things will also be fewer in numbers.

Wrong analysis…

The number of people in the world who going from poverty to middleclass is exploding…
    Both China and India (37% of the population in the world) have an big amount of habitants that can afford pretty expensive electronic stuff (and hopefully synthesizers)…

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@NeuM said:

@auxmux said:

Wrong analysis…

The number of people in the world who going from poverty to middleclass is exploding…
    Both China and India (37% of the population in the world) have an big amount of habitants that can afford pretty expensive electronic stuff (and hopefully synthesizers)…

While what you've said is true, what I've said is also true. All countries are facing a population collapse (at least that's how they classify it). From my observations, the population is returning to historical norms after the historical outlier of the Baby Boomer generation, which happened as a response to the end of the Second World War.

• heshes
    edited June 2023

@NeuM said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@NeuM said:

@auxmux said:

Wrong analysis…

While what you've said is true, what I've said is also true. All countries are facing a population collapse (at least that's how they classify it). From my observations, the population is returning to historical norms after the historical outlier of the Baby Boomer generation, which happened as a response to the end of the Second World War.

What you've said is not true. Here's Wikipedia link, you can check its sources if you want: "The global population is still increasing, but there is significant uncertainty about its long-term trajectory due to changing fertility and mortality rates.[7] The UN Department of Economics and Social Affairs projects between 9 and 10 billion people by 2050 and gives an 80% confidence interval of 10–12 billion by the end of the 21st century,[2] with a growth rate by then of zero. "
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

Also, I don't know what "historical norms" you're referring to, but the norm for the last several hundred years has been rapid growth: "It took over 200,000 years of human prehistory and history for the human population to reach one billion and only 219 years more to reach 8 billion." [same link as before]

• @auxmux said:

This has happened a number of times over the history of electronic musical instruments. Pretty much every manufacturer of synths in the 60s/70s went bankrupt and either ceased to exist or got bought out by a large(r) company. Moog, Arp, Sequential Circuits, Oberheim, Buchla....

• Moog has some top notch IOS developers. Maybe now they will revamp the iMPC app. (even though it was developed by Retronyms Akai/InMusic owns it)

• @Samu said:

inMusic is far from trustworthy, wished it was focusrite, who acquired them...

• I really hope this doesn't turn into a PPG scenario where Moog apps are suddenly wiped from the store. That would be tragic.