Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DIVIXOR - Square Sequence

2»

Comments

• @Gavinski said:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    I guess I got this free back when it first showed up. Now that it has been updated with AUv3 support, I’ll be looking forward to some tutorials, because for the moment, I haven’t a clue where to start.

Same 😂. Just opened it up yesterday. I figured out a few things and I did get it to play notes etc but it's far from intuitive. I'm guessing there's a manual so will have to hunt that down. Nice of the dev to give this auv3 update for free to the people who already got the app for free. A lot of work involved in making an auv3 version of even an already existing app, so hats off!

Definitely. Kudos to the dev for the update! Also in the settings there’s the option to start a tutorial on launch (at least there was when I first downloaded months back). And there is a manual. It’s veeeeeery in depth. Like 100+ pages in depth.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    I guess I got this free back when it first showed up. Now that it has been updated with AUv3 support, I’ll be looking forward to some tutorials, because for the moment, I haven’t a clue where to start.

@Gavinski said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Same 😂. Just opened it up yesterday. I figured out a few things and I did get it to play notes etc but it's far from intuitive. I'm guessing there's a manual so will have to hunt that down. Nice of the dev to give this auv3 update for free to the people who already got the app for free. A lot of work involved in making an auv3 version of even an already existing app, so hats off!

There is a good and clear manual and also a start up tutorial to get you going, I though it was pretty good but the controls for some things are a bit ... original 🙃

• @HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Definitely. Kudos to the dev for the update! Also in the settings there’s the option to start a tutorial on launch (at least there was when I first downloaded months back). And there is a manual. It’s veeeeeery in depth. Like 100+ pages in depth.

Oh god, no way I'm reading 100 pages of manual. Nope. Dev will have to make a video lol

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Oh god, no way I'm reading 100 pages of manual. Nope. Dev will have to make a video lol

I tried it when I first had the app and immediately noped out as well 😂 I mean I’m glad it’s there for those that want it and it’s clearly a very feature rich app but I couldn’t do it lol

• edited August 2023

@Pxlhg said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@Gavinski said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

There is a good and clear manual and also a start up tutorial to get you going, I though it was pretty good but the controls for some things are a bit ... original 🙃

I tried the startup tutorial, and got stuck on like the third step where it shows you where to load the sample content. In the AUv3, there’s nothing in those sample “folders”?

Maybe I need to walk through the built in tutorial in the standalone version first? Anyone know how to re-start the tutorial?

Will have a look at the manual as well.

Edit: I found it! Imagine that, it’s in the manual lol

• Some initial observations and comments while this app is getting some new attention:

AUv3 support added - Say no more!

Design/UI: Use of colors on tracks, clean and streamlined icons and controls. It's easy to switch between different control panes - MIDI, patterns, piano roll, etc. It feels very well thought out and professional. Also the UI and the app feels very responsive to the touch screen. Some of the controls seem a bit unusual, but after playing with them for a while and just browsing through the manual, which is very organized and easy to navigate and detailed, they make sense and work well. Things seem very carefully thought out and implemented.

Changes from standalone: I had to reload my samples in the AUv3 "Samples" folder - it doesn't contain the ones I loaded in standalone. I expect due to generic file system restrictions in AUv3 mode. It's very easy to import them using the "File Manager (AUv3)" option in the menu and browse the file system.

Performance: CPU usage in AUM seems very light in the small projects that I've created so far.

MIDI controls: There are very basic MIDI controls for the app in AUM, and pretty basic MIDI in/out settings within the app. This is probably OK, but it should be interesting to see what can be done with them as is. A lot of apps with extensive MIDI controls don't see a lot of use of those features, but I know folks here do a lot more in that area.

Overall impression: It feels very quick and responsive and easy to work with. Can't put my finger on why yet, but it's there.

The tutorial is very helpful to get started. You can turn it on in Settings ... General. Also in the manual (as previously stated).

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Will have a look at the manual as well.

Edit: I found it! Imagine that, it’s in the manual lol

😂

• @EdZAB said:
    Some initial observations and comments while this app is getting some new attention:

Design/UI: Use of colors on tracks, clean and streamlined icons and controls. It's easy to switch between different control panes - MIDI, patterns, piano roll, etc. It feels very well thought out and professional. Also the UI and the app feels very responsive to the touch screen. Some of the controls seem a bit unusual, but after playing with them for a while and just browsing through the manual, which is very organized and easy to navigate and detailed, they make sense and work well. Things seem very carefully thought out and implemented.

Changes from standalone: I had to reload my samples in the AUv3 "Samples" folder - it doesn't contain the ones I loaded in standalone. I expect due to generic file system restrictions in AUv3 mode. It's very easy to import them using the "File Manager (AUv3)" option in the menu and browse the file system.

Performance: CPU usage in AUM seems very light in the small projects that I've created so far.

MIDI controls: There are very basic MIDI controls for the app in AUM, and pretty basic MIDI in/out settings within the app. This is probably OK, but it should be interesting to see what can be done with them as is. A lot of apps with extensive MIDI controls don't see a lot of use of those features, but I know folks here do a lot more in that area.

Overall impression: It feels very quick and responsive and easy to work with. Can't put my finger on why yet, but it's there.

The tutorial is very helpful to get started. You can turn it on in Settings ... General. Also in the manual (as previously stated).

Do you have to turn midi on in the settings or something? I couldn’t get it to send midi in AUM but maybe that’s why.

Also to load samples in the AU do you still need to import them into the apps folder in the Files app?

• edited August 2023

@HotStrange said:

@EdZAB said:
    Some initial observations and comments while this app is getting some new attention:

Do you have to turn midi on in the settings or something? I couldn’t get it to send midi in AUM but maybe that’s why.

Also to load samples in the AU do you still need to import them into the apps folder in the Files app?

Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback very much. Both positive and negative.

Regarding Midi input: that is the focus of current development targeting the next update. That is, input MIDI notes will be able to cue Patterns.

Regarding file import on AUv3: files do not have to be in the Divixor app folder, they can be anywhere. Just as long as they can be accessed from the Files app, they should be accessible within a Divixor AUv3 instance via the "File Manager (AUv3)" pane in the Library Menu. In this pane, tap on "Import" which will prompt an iOS File Chooser that looks like the Files app for locating files on the device.

Regarding tutorials: tutorial videos are definitely in the works, being produced alongside our other promotional materials. There may also be a regular schedule of social media content to coincide with a focused marketing campaign.

Regarding manual: we understand and somewhat agree that manuals are not the optimal place to begin with these types of apps. Especially in our case where we opted for completeness over accessibility. It would have been ideal to launch together with our tutorials videos, but we encountered challenges in synchronising our development and media production schedules.

Regarding future:

• MIDI input pattern cues
    • Square Sequence Webstore (for Divixor content e.g. Patches, Scales)
    • Tutorial Videos
    • MacOS port/release (AU, VST3)
  • @HotStrange said:

@EdZAB said:

My apologies, I misread your first question thinking it was about MIDI input, but it was actually about MIDI output from Divixor AUv3 to another device within AUM? In this case, MIDI output does have to be enabled in the Settings > MIDI pane in the Library Menu. Enable MIDI output by selecting either the "Legacy" or "MPE" options. Legacy is sufficient if you do not need MIDI Pitchbend events to occur simultaneously from the Piano Key Bed and the currently playing Pattern.

• edited August 2023

Just to be extra clear regarding working with folders in Divixor, you will notice that there is a list of folders under "Documents" as shown in the screenshots below. Image #1 is from Divixor running in standalone mode. The contents of the Documents folder are accessible from the iOS Files app in the folder Divixor, and files and any files copied there will be visible within Divixor.

Image #2 is from Divixor running as an AUv3. The files, including samples, which are visible in the standalone app will not be visible in the AUv3 instance, as shown. From inside the Settings menu of the AUv3 version, there is an menu item called "File Manager (AUv3)" which can import and export files. So, for example, if you load a bunch of samples in the Samples folder in standalone mode, they will not be visible from the AUv3 instance. You would need to import them into the Samples folder (or another location) inside the AUv3 (shown in Image #3) using File Manager (AUv3).

-- Developers/experts - Please feel free to correct me if I get anything wrong

Image #1 - Standalone

Image #2 - AUv3 mode

Image #3 - Settings menu showing File Manager(AUv3) open

• @SQUARE_SEQUENCE said:

@HotStrange said:

@EdZAB said:

My apologies, I misread your first question thinking it was about MIDI input, but it was actually about MIDI output from Divixor AUv3 to another device within AUM? In this case, MIDI output does have to be enabled in the Settings > MIDI pane in the Library Menu. Enable MIDI output by selecting either the "Legacy" or "MPE" options. Legacy is sufficient if you do not need MIDI Pitchbend events to occur simultaneously from the Piano Key Bed and the currently playing Pattern.

Thanks for much for the reply! I’m gonna dive in fully over the next couple days. I’m excited to see how it does as a sequencer for other synths since the sequencer itself is so powerful.