Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Looks super cool!

• No AUV3 😟

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    No AUV3 😟

😩 Bummer

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    No AUV3 😟

Well, Sun Tzu wrote more than 2500 years ago that you first have to know your territory…Some devs still don’t understand it seems

• edited June 2023

You can load samples and sequence them though 🙌🏽 and send MIDI/MPE out.

• edited June 2023

Just downloaded it. First impression from app and manual: Looks cool and very promising. For a sequencer app I do miss any means of synchronisation (MIDI clock / Ableton Link). And I do not understand why the minimum OS requirement is iOS16. Nothing iOS special here. The app could theoretically made to run on iOS 9.x . I hope that the app will be very actively developed.

• Yea we were discussing this app in two different threads. No app left behind and iOS app sales. A few people got it working a few couldn’t get it to work. I did everything possible but still get a blank screen. The developer has joined the foru and is aware of the issue. The app looks super cool. It is currently standalone but the developer has plans for improvements.

• Had a quick discussion with the dev via Facebook. It looks like Ableton Link support will come soon. And AUv3 support as well as lowering the OS requirements seem to be in the pipeline as well.

• @catherder said:
    Had a quick discussion with the dev via Facebook. It looks like Ableton Link support will come soon. And AUv3 support as well as lowering the OS requirements seem to be in the pipeline as well.

Yea he joined the forum too so this is one to keep an eye on.

• Free until August 1st 2023

• @ninobeatz said:

@Stuntman_mike said:
    No AUV3 😟

😩 Bummer

It’s coming but no timeline

• edited June 2023

Who is the developer? Can‘t find anything about them.

• @Doc_T said:
    Who is the developer? Can‘t find anything about them.

They go by @SQUARE_SEQUENCE only just joined the forum. They have a website to submit issues let me find it.

• This is a quote from the developer in the No App Left behind thread. “If not, would you be able to submit a description of your issue via our website https://squaresequence.com/support and we can take it from there”

There’s some discussion about this in the iOS sales thread and the No app left behind thread before this app got its own thread.

• No app left behind discussion towards the end of the thread, last couple pages.

• Thanks

• Hey guys,

DIVIXOR update is up on the App Store. Fixed graphics issues on certain devices. Thanks for your patience while we worked on a fix.

We would like to thank all those that reached out to us for feedback and issue reporting.
    As a result of these conversations we have enlisted a few testers.
    In the short term we are very open to enlisting more testers who will automatically get new features via TestFlight.
    Contact us on squaresequence.com/support if you're interested.

On AUv3: We also feel it's quite an important feature to support. However, it's difficult at this time to commit 100% considering the nature of the app in relation to the AUv3 specification. Imposing memory limits on an app that considers loading 500mb size patches normal is the primary hurdle to overcome. To be fair, it's been a while since we focused our attention on this so things may have changed in our favour.

Roadmap:
    Ableton Link and expanded MIDI features targeting July.
    Plugin versions targeting Aug (when free pricing period ends).
    Tutorial videos.
    Free Param Patch packs.

Thanks for the very warm welcome here,
    Ian.

• Awesome @SQUARE_SEQUENCE excited to try this out. Happy to have you aboard the forum. Cheers.

• @SQUARE_SEQUENCE it officially now works for me after the update! Thanks.

• @SQUARE_SEQUENCE said:
    Hey guys,

DIVIXOR update is up on the App Store. Fixed graphics issues on certain devices. Thanks for your patience while we worked on a fix.

We would like to thank all those that reached out to us for feedback and issue reporting.
    As a result of these conversations we have enlisted a few testers.
    In the short term we are very open to enlisting more testers who will automatically get new features via TestFlight.
    Contact us on squaresequence.com/support if you're interested.

On AUv3: We also feel it's quite an important feature to support. However, it's difficult at this time to commit 100% considering the nature of the app in relation to the AUv3 specification. Imposing memory limits on an app that considers loading 500mb size patches normal is the primary hurdle to overcome. To be fair, it's been a while since we focused our attention on this so things may have changed in our favour.

Roadmap:
    Ableton Link and expanded MIDI features targeting July.
    Plugin versions targeting Aug (when free pricing period ends).
    Tutorial videos.
    Free Param Patch packs.

Thanks for the very warm welcome here,
    Ian.

Thanks for joining us here and the work on the app! Excited to see where it goes

• Hey guys, we just launched the DIVIXOR 1.1 update on the App Store bringing AUv3 support.
    Check it out: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/divixor/id1535904454
    Check us out: https://squaresequence.com

• @SQUARE_SEQUENCE said:
    Hey guys, we just launched the DIVIXOR 1.1 update on the App Store bringing AUv3 support.

Sweeeet! Got it when it first came out. Will this be a free or paid update?

• Those who copped it free, get it free.

• @SQUARE_SEQUENCE said:
    Hey guys, we just launched the DIVIXOR 1.1 update on the App Store bringing AUv3 support.

Great! Tried it a bit and it's pretty nice, a bit to learn still but I see use for it. My iPad got very hot running it but I had a lot of other stuff going too (in AUM) so not sure Dvxr was the culprit.

• Interesting. If you have the time to send some details about your device via our contact form at squaresequence.com/support I'd be happy to investigate.

• I guess I got this free back when it first showed up. Now that it has been updated with AUv3 support, I’ll be looking forward to some tutorials, because for the moment, I haven’t a clue where to start.

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    I guess I got this free back when it first showed up. Now that it has been updated with AUv3 support, I’ll be looking forward to some tutorials, because for the moment, I haven’t a clue where to start.

Same 😂. Just opened it up yesterday. I figured out a few things and I did get it to play notes etc but it's far from intuitive. I'm guessing there's a manual so will have to hunt that down. Nice of the dev to give this auv3 update for free to the people who already got the app for free. A lot of work involved in making an auv3 version of even an already existing app, so hats off!