Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are you subscribing to Logic Pro?

Comments

• @NeuM said:

@DovJ said:

@BerlinFx said:
    Logic Pro unsubscribe done I got it for free up to 23 th June and after I will live happy without it . I tryed and I fall in love of Cubasis thanks Apple you failed game over.

How great is it that we have multiple DAW options now on the iPad?!

I’ve used Cubasis for several years, and had success. Even so my conclusion was very different than yours.

Based on my own testing and much of what I’ve read here and in other forums, Logic Pro lovers tend to be focused on different styles of music and production than those who like you aren’t impressed enough to invest the time and money into Logic Pro. Different strokes (and DAWs) for different folks…

This is the right way to look at things. More and better tools are good for everyone.

Hopefully Apple’s shot across the IOS music market bow will spark more competition, and therefore more innovation and quality.

• @DovJ said:

@NeuM said:

@DovJ said:

@BerlinFx said:
    Logic Pro unsubscribe done I got it for free up to 23 th June and after I will live happy without it . I tryed and I fall in love of Cubasis thanks Apple you failed game over.

I’ve used Cubasis for several years, and had success. Even so my conclusion was very different than yours.

Based on my own testing and much of what I’ve read here and in other forums, Logic Pro lovers tend to be focused on different styles of music and production than those who like you aren’t impressed enough to invest the time and money into Logic Pro. Different strokes (and DAWs) for different folks…

This is the right way to look at things. More and better tools are good for everyone.

Hopefully Apple’s shot across the IOS music market bow will spark more competition, and therefore more innovation and quality.

It would be an ideal time for all big desktop synth companies to port to iPadOS.

• I don’t see how anyone could just give up on Logic when it’s the initial release and has only been available for a short time. There are iOS DAW’s that have been out for years that still don’t match up to Logic in its current incarnation. To each their own of course. 😎👍🏼

• I'm undecided as well. There's a lot to like in Logic for Ipad 1.0 but there are some curious omissions which to me seem to be either the result of rushing the release (which is not so bad) or Apple's attempt at forcing their profit-driven will on IOS musicians (not good). The fact that they did not include something as fundamental as MIDI-learn is very iMaschine-like. N.I. deliberately left out basic essentials for fear that the app would impact sales of their hardware. I dumped my Maschine hardware and switched back to Akai because I saw the writing on the wall. Time will tell if Apple will allow Logic for Ipad to truly push the envelope in an innovative fashion or merely use it as a marketing tool. The next update will be very telling.

• I’m not going for the subscription model. Personally I find the current offerings on iOS satisfying and different enough. I’m running Bitwig on a MacBook for all the other stuff.

• @Dham said:
    I'm undecided as well. There's a lot to like in Logic for Ipad 1.0 but there are some curious omissions which to me seem to be either the result of rushing the release (which is not so bad) or Apple's attempt at forcing their profit-driven will on IOS musicians (not good). The fact that they did not include something as fundamental as MIDI-learn is very iMaschine-like. N.I. deliberately left out basic essentials for fear that the app would impact sales of their hardware. I dumped my Maschine hardware and switched back to Akai because I saw the writing on the wall. Time will tell if Apple will allow Logic for Ipad to truly push the envelope in an innovative fashion or merely use it as a marketing tool. The next update will be very telling.

Which omissions specifically? And have you read the manual?

• @anickt said:
    I don’t see how anyone could just give up on Logic when it’s the initial release and has only been available for a short time. There are iOS DAW’s that have been out for years that still don’t match up to Logic in its current incarnation. To each their own of course. 😎👍🏼

Because there're other reasons, that have nothing to do with feature-comparisons. I'm leaning towards not subscribing, but that has nothing to do with feeling that it's not good.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@BerlinFx said:

Don’t be such a Drama Queen…

You have already posted this message before…

It takes two to tango…

Today, time permitting, or soon, I will start the trial period. As a current Cubasis user, who works with hardware, I’m most interest to see how the MIDI and audio editors feel to use because I don’t find them smooth in Cubasis. It’s still possible other UX pros and cons will sway me. I’m thoroughly expecting there to be improvements coming for both Logic and Cubasis, hopefully this will lead all of us to our personal better places!

• @NeuM said:

@Dham said:
    I'm undecided as well. There's a lot to like in Logic for Ipad 1.0 but there are some curious omissions which to me seem to be either the result of rushing the release (which is not so bad) or Apple's attempt at forcing their profit-driven will on IOS musicians (not good). The fact that they did not include something as fundamental as MIDI-learn is very iMaschine-like. N.I. deliberately left out basic essentials for fear that the app would impact sales of their hardware. I dumped my Maschine hardware and switched back to Akai because I saw the writing on the wall. Time will tell if Apple will allow Logic for Ipad to truly push the envelope in an innovative fashion or merely use it as a marketing tool. The next update will be very telling.

MIDI Learn, MIDI Export. I have read some of the manual but not all 959 pages.

• @Dham said:

@NeuM said:

@Dham said:

MIDI export can be done with a workaround (time consuming but we can export it)…

Give Apple some month and we will certainly have the big omissions fixed…

• .> @anickt said:

I don’t see how anyone could just give up on Logic when it’s the initial release and has only been available for a short time. There are iOS DAW’s that have been out for years that still don’t match up to Logic in its current incarnation. To each their own of course. 😎👍🏼

I, for one, very much do NOT want to give up on Logic Pro, but I literally can’t get SWAM instruments to make a sound in it with my current setup (which works flawlessly in every other iOS DAW). Acoustic instruments, and SWAM, are the backbone of most pieces I write. It’s hard not to give up on DAW that failed at literally the first thing I tried to do in it lol.

Everything else about it looks great on paper, but if I can’t record the track, the other stuff becomes pretty useless. I may subscribe for a month here and there if I need something very specific that Cubasis can’t offer, such as tempo tracks; but otherwise, Logic Pro is pretty broken for my needs.

• I knew going in that it takes me more than a month to evaluate a new DAW. So, I was already committed to subscribing unless I ran into a real dealbreaker before the free month is over. So far, Logic seems exactly what I was looking for in a DAW. Any features currently missing aren’t dealbreakers for me, and I’m optimistic many of them will be addressed in updates. So I’m expecting to be subscribed long term.

• @FriedTapeworm said:
    .> @anickt said:

I, for one, very much do NOT want to give up on Logic Pro, but I literally can’t get SWAM instruments to make a sound in it with my current setup (which works flawlessly in every other iOS DAW). Acoustic instruments, and SWAM, are the backbone of most pieces I write. It’s hard not to give up on DAW that failed at literally the first thing I tried to do in it lol.

Everything else about it looks great on paper, but if I can’t record the track, the other stuff becomes pretty useless. I may subscribe for a month here and there if I need something very specific that Cubasis can’t offer, such as tempo tracks; but otherwise, Logic Pro is pretty broken for my needs.

In what way did it fail to record? Just didn’t record at all? Or didn’t record mpe properly? And what midi were you using to control the swam instrument btw?

• @Gavinski said:

@FriedTapeworm said:
    .> @anickt said:

In what way did it fail to record? Just didn’t record at all? Or didn’t record mpe properly? And what midi were you using to control the swam instrument btw?

Also, if you’re not reporting issues to Apple and the dev of the app in question then how do you expect them to get fixed? This is addressed to the general population and not anyone in particular.

😎👍🏼

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Dham said:

@NeuM said:

@Dham said:

MIDI export can be done with a workaround (time consuming but we can export it)…

Give Apple some month and we will certainly have the big omissions fixed…

Given the size of Apple, the cost of their products, their ownership of the O/S, etc. I am holding them to a much higher standard than the smaller developers with less resources who seem to program rings around Apple developers.

I'm in no particular rush per se' because the apps I used prior to the release of Logic Pro Ipad still work fine. In fact, in most cases they work better (for me) than Logic. Maybe that will change as i become more familiar with the nuances, non-intuitive operations, etc. and as updates are made. We shall see......

• @anickt said:

@Gavinski said:

@FriedTapeworm said:
    .> @anickt said:

Also, if you’re not reporting issues to Apple and the dev of the app in question then how do you expect them to get fixed? This is addressed to the general population and not anyone in particular.

😎👍🏼

Yes - everyone needs to report - for example, the issues I mentioned in the other thread about Questions about Logic, I have already mentioned to Appleusing their feedback form (pats self on back lol)

• @Gavinski said:

@FriedTapeworm said:
    .> @anickt said:

That was my first thoughts - why not tell us what’s fail to do in LP4i?

I have ten different SWAM instruments that I gladly can load into Logic for testing, so, @FriedTapeworm what should I test?

• I use velocity keyboard (sometimes GeoShred) as a midi effect to play notes, and map expression in SWAM to my Tecontrol breath controller. In Cubasis, AUM and Loopy Pro, I can use both VK and the breath controller in tandem to control SWAM parameters. In Logic, only one is recognized at a time. When I engage VK as a midi effect, the breath controller is no longer recognized and expressions stays at zero, thus no sound. If I turn off VK, then the breath controller input is recognized and SWAM expression responds, but I lose use of Velocity Keyboard.

• @FriedTapeworm said:
    I use velocity keyboard (sometimes GeoShred) as a midi effect to play notes, and map expression in SWAM to my Tecontrol breath controller. In Cubasis, AUM and Loopy Pro, I can use both VK and the breath controller in tandem to control SWAM parameters. In Logic, only one is recognized at a time. When I engage VK as a midi effect, the breath controller is no longer recognized and expressions stays at zero, thus no sound. If I turn off VK, then the breath controller input is recognized and SWAM expression responds, but I lose use of Velocity Keyboard.

Interesting -cant test this as I don’t have a breath controller. If it doesn’t get resolved by someone here, best report to Apple

• I tried. I spoke with the Logic iOS support team on the phone, and they stated that they don’t accept bug reports from users, only developers. So I reached out to @audiomodeling to see what they can do. Will also reach out to @moForte and @Blue_Mangoo .

• Surprising myself by not buying. The beauty of Aum mentioned previously in thread by many is my main reason. If Logic was not subscription and on intro sale, I don’t think I could resist buying, but as a subscription I’m out for now.

• @FriedTapeworm said:
    I tried. I spoke with the Logic iOS support team on the phone, and they stated that they don’t accept bug reports from users, only developers. So I reached out to @audiomodeling to see what they can do. Will also reach out to @moForte and @Blue_Mangoo .

I guess they mean they can only accept bug reports from developers over the phone. For the plebs, there is this, which I have been using extensively!:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro/

• wimwim
    edited June 2023

@anickt said:

Stopping using it doesn't have to be characterized as "giving up" on it. It can just be putting it aside until it's worth the $5 per month in one's personal opinion. That's the upside of the subscription model in this case. If it's not attractive to someone now then there's no need to rack up the monthly cost while it evolves.

If I ever find Logic Pro on iOS attractive (which is unlikely) then I'll probably dip in and out a month at a time. Probably $15-$20 a year at most. As someone who is totally against subscriptions for music apps I find myself surprised that I'm glad for it in this case.

• I haven't been able to even convince myself to download and try. I'm simply not going to pay a subscription. I've already got Logic on the desktop. I kinda prefer playing around and experimenting in apeMatrix and AUM. If I got anything that I wanted to finish out, I'd probably just record and transfer it and finish it out in Logic on desktop.

I'll likely do the free month trial at some point. I'd do it now but I don't know if I'm going to be traveling soon or not. If I knew I'd be around I'd at least take it for a spin for future reference.

The thing is... although at this point I prefer Lumafusion on the iPad, I'd also like to play with FCP for iPad. And, I'm definitely not buying both a Logic AND FCP subscription.

For now, it's a "no" for me. I realize there are many of you who've been jonesin' for a "real DAW" on the iPad. But, when it comes down to it... I'm perfectly fine with continuing with AUM/apeMatrix.

I'm not so sure that I'll keep Auria Pro on my iPad though. It's just that I bought all those iAPs (even though I'm not actually using any of them any more)

• @skiphunt said:
    I haven't been able to even convince myself to download and try. I'm simply not going to pay a subscription. I've already got Logic on the desktop. I kinda prefer playing around and experimenting in apeMatrix and AUM. If I got anything that I wanted to finish out, I'd probably just record and transfer it and finish it out in Logic on desktop.

I'll likely do the free month trial at some point. I'd do it now but I don't know if I'm going to be traveling soon or not. If I knew I'd be around I'd at least take it for a spin for future reference.

The thing is... although at this point I prefer Lumafusion on the iPad, I'd also like to play with FCP for iPad. And, I'm definitely not buying both a Logic AND FCP subscription.

For now, it's a "no" for me. I realize there are many of you who've been jonesin' for a "real DAW" on the iPad. But, when it comes down to it... I'm perfectly fine with continuing with AUM/apeMatrix.

I'm not so sure that I'll keep Auria Pro on my iPad though. It's just that I bought all those iAPs (even though I'm not actually using any of them any more)

Good to hear from you mate. :) How are you these days?

Anyways, I'd axe Auria Pro if I never used it anymore. Like you I bought all those IAPs too.

That said, despite me being one of the ones who loves Logic more and more each day, it still can't top AUM for live Ambient jams where my fingers are the automation sources. 😉 Okay, and sometimes Flux Pro and mLFO, although sometimes I can't be faffed to set up routing and want to just dig in. 😂

• @Gavinski said:

@FriedTapeworm said:
    I tried. I spoke with the Logic iOS support team on the phone, and they stated that they don’t accept bug reports from users, only developers. So I reached out to @audiomodeling to see what they can do. Will also reach out to @moForte and @Blue_Mangoo .

I guess they mean they can only accept bug reports from developers over the phone. For the plebs, there is this, which I have been using extensively!:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro/

Thanks. I’ll try this as well. I asked for an address, or email, to report a bug. The response was something along the lines of “the team won’t consider something to be a bug unless it is a direct communication from the AUV3 developer”. I could have misunderstood him though.

• @fisherro said:
    I knew going in that it takes me more than a month to evaluate a new DAW. So, I was already committed to subscribing unless I ran into a real dealbreaker before the free month is over. So far, Logic seems exactly what I was looking for in a DAW. Any features currently missing aren’t dealbreakers for me, and I’m optimistic many of them will be addressed in updates. So I’m expecting to be subscribed long term.

💯

• edited June 2023

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@skiphunt said:
    I haven't been able to even convince myself to download and try. I'm simply not going to pay a subscription. I've already got Logic on the desktop. I kinda prefer playing around and experimenting in apeMatrix and AUM. If I got anything that I wanted to finish out, I'd probably just record and transfer it and finish it out in Logic on desktop.

Good to hear from you mate. :) How are you these days?

Anyways, I'd axe Auria Pro if I never used it anymore. Like you I bought all those IAPs too.

That said, despite me being one of the ones who loves Logic more and more each day, it still can't top AUM for live Ambient jams where my fingers are the automation sources. 😉 Okay, and sometimes Flux Pro and mLFO, although sometimes I can't be faffed to set up routing and want to just dig in. 😂

Doing fine these days :)

Yeah, I'm sure Logic is nice. I like it on the desktop. It's just that what I use the iPad and sound for is more like playtime. I love all the developer creativity with different apps, and the somewhat modular approach of AUM/apeMatrix for experimenting with all these interesting sound apps. I'm not trying to "produce" anything. Most of the time I don't even record or save what I'm doing.

If I had some aspiration that I was actually producing something for anyone, or to try and sell online... then I might have a different perspective. Instead, I like using all these interesting apps the creative devs come up with and experimenting purely for the fun of it. I don't even care if their app stops working in a couple months. Most of the time I've got my fun out of the app and ready to try out the next creative app that drops :)

• I’d buy it if buying it was an option.

• @NeuM said:

@DovJ said:

@NeuM said:

@DovJ said:

@BerlinFx said:

It would be an ideal time for all big desktop synth companies to port to iPadOS.

Or maybe not…it isn’t certain that there is a sufficient market. Most desktop devs don’t use the App Store…moving to iOS locks them into the App Store which is problematic for their revenue stream.