Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I JUST CAN’T TAKE IT!! Please !! [Logic Pro]

Comments

• @McD said:

Haha thanks to my seminary training I can actually make sense if this 😂🤪

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@monz0id said:

@Telstar5 said:
    72 hrs to go ..( Logic Pro for iPad ). . I just wanna go to sleep for the next three days.

No, this is the best bit for me - the anticipation, usually followed by a serious amount of fence sitting, eventual purchase, and the inevitable disappointment.

Monzo, you will definitely NOT be disappointed on tuesday!
    Tuesday 23rd of may will be the new international flagday to celebrate the day iPad became a real pro device…

my god I was trying not get too hyped…you’re not helping :smiley:

• @BerlinFx said:

IPad Air 4 got a very powerful chip multicore that seems ok no need for M1 now the screen is 10.9 and pro are 11 nearly the same you biggest problem is storage as 64 GB is really tight I bought my IPad with 256 GB and still have 200 GB free space.

I’ve only got 4gb left after installing Noises, so a bit of a clear-out is on the cards.

Processor wise, should be ok, though multi-core performance isn’t great.

@klownshed said:

@monz0id said:

Basically, what I’m saying is £49 (per year) is unlikely to be the end of the expenditure for me.

It never is! Apple know how to extract money from us. :-/

The timing’s interesting for me, as I’d saved a bit of cash for a hardware synth. Looks like Apple might be getting it instead!

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    57 hours left.

I have prepaired my finest suite, ironed my best shirt, bought some fireworks.

I don’t know if that pun was intentional or not, but it’s a good one either way.

Suit: A set of clothes comprised of a jacket and trousers.

Suite: A musical form of multiple movements.

• @fisherro said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    57 hours left.

I don’t know if that pun was intentional or not, but it’s a good one either way.

Suit: A set of clothes comprised of a jacket and trousers.

Suite: A musical form of multiple movements.

Ha! Yeah, I meant suit, not suite, although that could be the case…

• @monz0id said:

@klownshed said:

@monz0id said:

@klownshed said:
    I think apple have priced it about right.

Yeah, if it’s as fully featured as we think it might be, I can cope with £49 for a year.

It’s the £1,599 quid for a 12.9” 500gb iPad Pro upgrade, that would be a more desirable platform for it than my old Air 4, that’s making my teeth itch.

But of course that’s why they’re doing it.

for that money I’d prioritise a MacBook.

Already got one, and a Mini desktop, but I want it on iOS so I have a decent DAW to use with my apps.

Potential room for improvements I can see against running LP on my 64gb Air 4 are: performance, screen size, storage. So bigger, newer, larger HD possibly required.

All hypothetical until I test out the demo. If it runs ok I’ll use it bare-bones on the Air 4, if not it’s a decision between abandoning LP, or getting a bigger (probably used M1) device.

So, pricey. I also won’t be upgrading to a desktop subscription as well, if it happens. That doesn’t rule out LP on iOS mind, as I’ll mostly be converting everything to audio chunks, so can finish off in Live on the desktop.

Basically, what I’m saying is £49 (per year) is unlikely to be the end of the expenditure for me.

I don’t ‘believe,’ they would charge $50 for a desktop macOS and $50 for an iOS logic for ipad.

I hope if you bought it for desktop it will continue to run, without updates past 10.7.7, unless you subscribe at which point you can run on iPad

If they send out a close dialog box to my Logic Pro desktop macOS I would be very very upset and abandon Logic Pro, because I did not buy it for very long enough duration to get a brick software. hope finger crossed

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    57 hours left.

I’m fuckin’ prepaired to the biggest day in the iPad history…

And take Tuesday off 🤣🤣🤣

Is Apple going to launch it at 0:00 am in each time zone?

• edited May 2023

@GLacey said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    57 hours left.

I’m fuckin’ prepaired to the biggest day in the iPad history…

And take Tuesday off 🤣🤣🤣

Is Apple going to launch it at 0:00 am in each time zone?

10am PT apparently

• edited May 2023

@fearandloathing said:
    I hope if you bought it for desktop it will continue to run, without updates past 10.7.7, unless you subscribe at which point you can run on iPad

Oh yeah, I’m sure the version we’ve bought won’t stop working (though future OS compatibility could be an issue) - we just need to see if there’s a free update to make it compatible with the iOS version, or they’ll use the opportunity to whack in a V11 paid upgrade or subscription. I had to update Ableton as the Notes app wasn’t compatible with V10, though ironically I still didn’t buy the app.

I honestly don’t actually use Logic, as I much prefer Live, so I won’t be paying for an upgrade, even if I get on with the iOS version. Fingers crossed it’s a free update.

• @TheGarageBandGuide said:
    10am PT apparently

👍 Thanks! That means we have to wait till the evening in Europe…🤔🤪

• @Samu said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

:) Subscriptions are Evil. Apple is Satan. >:)

In that case just about every internet service provider is ‘satan’ as well or how do you pay for your internet access? Leeching of a some ones Wi-Fi? :sunglasses:

subscription for services and for
    apps atr two very different playgrounds …

• edited May 2023

@dendy said:

subscription for services and for
    apps atr two very different playgrounds …

Hobbies cost money, that is how I see it...

...software as a service is quite common thing nowadays.

• @klownshed said:

@monz0id said:

@klownshed said:

Yeah, if it’s as fully featured as we think it might be, I can cope with £49 for a year.

It’s the £1,599 quid for a 12.9” 500gb iPad Pro upgrade, that would be a more desirable platform for it than my old Air 4, that’s making my teeth itch.

But if you get a MacBook, you’d still be looking at $200 for Logic Pro for macOS.

• @realdawei said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@monz0id said:

@Telstar5 said:
    72 hrs to go ..( Logic Pro for iPad ). . I just wanna go to sleep for the next three days.

No, this is the best bit for me - the anticipation, usually followed by a serious amount of fence sitting, eventual purchase, and the inevitable disappointment.

Monzo, you will definitely NOT be disappointed on tuesday!
    Tuesday 23rd of may will be the new international flagday to celebrate the day iPad became a real pro device…

my god I was trying not get too hyped…you’re not helping :smiley:

😂

• edited May 2023

I wonder if with Logic "Pro", we're going to see "Pro" file management on iOS soon going with it.
    The annoying Files app with all its nonsense restrictions just like all the iOS app sandboxes (which do make sense on a mobile phone of course) has been one of my main reasons to stick with desktop DAWs so far.

• @rs2000 said:
    I wonder if with Logic "Pro", we're going to see "Pro" file management on iOS soon going with it.
    The annoying Files app with all its nonsense restrictions just like all the iOS app sandboxes (which do make sense on a mobile phone of course) has been one of my main reasons to stick with desktop DAWs so far.

What are you missing or needing changed specifically in the Files app? They’ve already implemented most things people wanted.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Cubasis is the hill I will die on. If I have to die, a hill seems like a good place. Maybe Cubasis has nothing to do with it. I just like hills.

I’d be interested to see a comparison in the MIDI timing between Cubasis and LP. Years ago there was some ambiguity in the PPQ and I felt GB’s timing was more accurate - but could have been an illusion

• If I'm not totally mistaken Logic Pro uses 960ppqn for midi notes, least last time I checked a 16th note had 60 as it's duration.

• @NeuM said:

@rs2000 said:

What are you missing or needing changed specifically in the Files app? They’ve already implemented most things people wanted.

At least what the Mac Finder does, plus full access to each app's data. This could very well be user-selectable but unfortunately it isn't.
    I had this on iOS loooong ago at times when Jailbreaks were still a thing and I totally miss those excellent file managers that gave me unrestricted access to my own files!

• I'm so excited for Logic Pro, but I'm wondering how it going to help me get past the 4 bar loop barrier I can't seem to break in the other Daws I have. I've never had much luck turning my loops into something more. Will Logic Pro help me with this? Does anybody else have this problem. Anyway for $5 I'll willing to try it out for a few months.

• @Gavinski said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    A little something for you to read while waiting for Logic Pro. I bought myself a new pair of 3rd Gen AirPods via Affirm Loan on Amazon. My Beats headphones cracked, so I went with AirPods instead. I didn't get the pros as I don't like earbuds sticking into my ear canals. The AirPods sit comfortably inside of the tragus and antitragus without poking into the ear canal. Great sound clarity, although I had to turn off that spatial audio. A cool effect that makes the sound sound like it's coming out of the iPad's speakers in relation to your head movement, but definitely not conductive to mixing and production.

I also like the fact that my AirPods aren't cumbersome when laying back in bed just mucking about within Garageband.

I remember reading somewhere in this forum that AirPod latency is less worse than other BT headphones/speakers, I forget the technical reasons, but would you care to comment on that?
    How would you rate your experience when using a step sequencer?
    Does the visual play marker represent what you’re hearing?
    Is it ok enough to record trigger input into a piano roll editor on the fly?
    I realize mileage will vary depending on how sucky one’s timing is to begin with, but I am curious to know. Plus, anything to derail a logic thread. 👿

I've found the BT latency to be near minimal with both Beats and AirPods. Far moreso than your run-of-the-mill Walmart/Asda BT headphones which have longer latency and poorer battery life. 🤣

Still, wired headphones are best for live recording and live performance, although with Ambient it's negligible since live Ambient is sloooow. 🤣

Latency on iOS for 2nd gen airpods pro is only 83 seconds. That's pretty incredible! (Edit: milliseconds not seconds!)

Good luck with that for real-time playing…that’s equivalent to being about 90 feet from your source if you were playing on a stage.

• @NeuM said:

@klownshed said:

@monz0id said:

@klownshed said:

But if you get a MacBook, you’d still be looking at $200 for Logic Pro for macOS.

Which is what a lot of people that don’t want subscriptions are asking for!

It’s still cheaper to get a MacBook Air with an OS much more suited to ‘pro’ audio AND get Logic than that £1599 iPad.

In my very humble opinion if you are buying a new computer to run Logic on, I’d buy a Mac over an iPad every time. In fact I’d do what I’ve done and spend the lions share of my budget on a mac running Logic then buy a cheaper iPad for all the cool iOS apps. If I only have enough for one, for me it’s Mac and always has been, no question. But that’s just me.

To be honest my phone has pretty much replaced my iPad for audio at the moment. I run AUM, Drambo and almost all of my auv3 APFS on my phone and prefer the phone+Mac workflow over iPad+Mac as the Mac is actually more convenient than the iPad for working on music at home on the sofa for me.

Logic on the iPad might change that a little bit and bring the iPad back into the mix.

It might not. If it doesn’t it won’t have cost me much so that’s one benefit of subscriptions.

Obviously we all have different priorities and preferences. For me I will always (for the foreseeable future) prefer the Mac to the iPad. The Mac has always been my favourite computer and I’ve been using Logic since the beginning so Logic on a Mac is where I’m most at home.

I think for IPad only musicians Logic on a powerful iPad is likely to be an awesome combination.

The main area of disappointment with Logic on iPad is going to be for people that want the Logic for Mac experience on the iPad and want to round trip back and forth. And then complain that the iPad isn’t the Mac. And that none of their plugins work either way.

For me Logic will be my new audio hub. I’m expecting everything I do on the iPad will funnel through Logic before going to the Mac.

Hopefully Logic on an iPad will be a great experience for most of us on this forum, in many different ways. For a lot of ‘us’ it will probably be the main thing they use. and the fact that this (should) will be possible is great. with a great big “finally” suffix.

It is certainly the most important audio app launch on the platform as it will have far reaching implications outside the current iOS audio community and will definitely help legitimise the iPad as a serious audio tool.

And to go full circle with this comment, subscriptions will help a lot of people dip their toes in where they wouldn’t if it cost $200 like it does on the mac (currently).

• edited May 2023

@MikeHunt said:
    I'm so excited for Logic Pro, but I'm wondering how it going to help me get past the 4 bar loop barrier I can't seem to break in the other Daws I have. I've never had much luck turning my loops into something more. Will Logic Pro help me with this? Does anybody else have this problem. Anyway for $5 I'll willing to try it out for a few months.

Doesn’t want to break your dreams but LPX will not help with this. This problem needs discipline instead of hoping into new and new apps and hw “toys”. I know it, been there.

What helped me was do not put all new ideas into single 4 -8 bar loop at all :-) I just start build track, add new and new stuff but not at same 4-8 bar loop - i just copy loop i have and then add new stuff to that copy… the copy that copy again, remove some dtuff, add other stuff, and so on ..

also give to yourself limit (it depends on your musical genre) that for example maximum allowed tracks to play at once is 8 - as soon as you reach this limit, you MUST copy loop and remove something to be allowed to add something new .. and so on

when i consider i have enough length for track (for exampke 4 minutes) i just add transitions between individual “loops” .. done.

You can’t get stucked in one 4-8 bar loop when you start create one loop after other again and again in your project :-)

• just thinking out loud here…

Logic on the iPad is probably a fairly hefty rewrite considering so much of the underpinnings of Logic are ancient.

It’s been clear for some time that all the newer Logic features such as Live Loops, the sampler and drum machine designer look very much like they were designed with touch in mind. I said as much when 10.5 was released and wondered then if an iPad version was imminent.

Anyway! If the next version of Logic is based on the same codebase, I wonder if it will be a Universal app?

That would be a very Apple-ey thing to do.

• My Logic requirements are pretty basic: a DAW that can host my AUv3 apps, provide decent routing, more than 4 channels visible in the mixer window, proper recordable automation, decent audio editing functionality, modern scalable UI, and export stems/mix to a .wav file. Oh, and that doesn’t crash and lose my work 20% of the time.

Anything else is extra onions.

• Less then 48 hours till the second coming… of Logic Pro B)

• @R_2 said:
    Less then 48 hours till the second coming… of Logic Pro B)

It is like a new year festival, guys from Sydney should be the first to subscribe ?

• Heya all,
    it’s my first post here, yeah, I’m lurking for too long already… ;)

Pressure for iOS Logic is building up for me too, constantly trying to remind myself that is not a big deal. I already have Logic on MacBook as a main DAW, it’s good, it’s reliable but not perfect and in this form will not replace my existing iOS workflow. But nooo, my excitement growing from day to day, I can’t help myself. That much hype almost always result in disappointment, please not this time.

• @monz0id said:

@fearandloathing said:

Oh yeah, I’m sure the version we’ve bought won’t stop working (though future OS compatibility could be an issue) - we just need to see if there’s a free update to make it compatible with the iOS version, or they’ll use the opportunity to whack in a V11 paid upgrade or subscription. I had to update Ableton as the Notes app wasn’t compatible with V10, though ironically I still didn’t buy the app.

I honestly don’t actually use Logic, as I much prefer Live, so I won’t be paying for an upgrade, even if I get on with the iOS version. Fingers crossed it’s a free update.

If you look at the fine print on the marketing page it says that Logic Pro for Mac version 10.7.8 is required for round-trip compatibility. Current version is 10.7.7. So expect a minor update for desktop to drop on Tuesday. Given the version number I don’t expect it to include Sample Alchemy or Beat Breaker to be included, but we’ll see!

• @mjm1138 said:

If you look at the fine print on the marketing page it says that Logic Pro for Mac version 10.7.8 is required for round-trip compatibility. Current version is 10.7.7. So expect a minor update for desktop to drop on Tuesday. Given the version number I don’t expect it to include Sample Alchemy or Beat Breaker to be included, but we’ll see!

That line has been removed from the Apple pages...
    ...so we could be looking at Logic 11 :sunglasses:

I'm interested in seeing what will happen with the Mac version of Logic, will get at a 'universal sub' for both platforms or will existing Logic users get the iPad version for free?