Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I JUST CAN’T TAKE IT!! Please !! [Logic Pro]

edited May 2023 in Logic Pro

72 hrs to go ..( Logic Pro for iPad ). . I just wanna go to sleep for the next three days. I have a 12.9 M1 . Tell me what can compare with this ? Skydiving? Camping in the Grand Canyon ? A cruise ? Broadway Show ? Paris even? None of the above , sorry .
My life is good and fulfilling but it’s gonna go up several notches after Tuesday. Oh, but my poor wife .. And to my friends and even family .. It’s been swell.. Really it has.. Just don’t panic if ya don’t see me for a couple of months.
VIVA Logic Pro!

Comments

• Nice knowing you...

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

Ugh. Only three days left to finish writing my Javascript/CSS "Hide all <div> containing text 'Logic Pro' " browser extension.

• @wim said:
    Ugh. Only three days left to finish writing my Javascript/CSS "Hide all <div> containing 'Logic Pro' " browser extension.

😅😅😅

• @wim said:
    Ugh. Only three days left to finish writing my Javascript/CSS "Hide all <div> containing 'Logic Pro' " browser extension.

I am going to need a copy lol

• @Telstar5 said:
    72 hrs to go ..( Logic Pro for iPad ). . I just wanna go to sleep for the next three days. I have a 12.9 M1 . Tell me what can compare with this ? Skydiving? Camping in the Grand Canyon ? A cruise ? Broadway Show ? Paris even? None of the above , sorry .
    My life is good and fulfilling but it’s gonna go up several notches after Tuesday.

I will be surprised if things get better for you after Tuesday. I think you've worked yourself up into such a fever pitch of excitement that these next 72 hours will be your high point. The anticipation is always a bit better than when you get the thing. It can't help but be downhill a bit from here. :)

• @hes said:

@Telstar5 said:
    My life is good and fulfilling but it’s gonna go up several notches after Tuesday.

I will be surprised if things get better for you after Tuesday. I think you've worked yourself up into such a fever pitch of excitement that these next 72 hours will be your high point. The anticipation is always a bit better than when you get the thing. It can't help but be downhill a bit from here. :)

He ain’t lyin’

• It's an evil drug, masquerading as a universal cure.

• Eh, just muck about in Garageband for the next 3 days. 🤣

• edited May 2023

Maybe you should wait on the moon; days are shorter on the moon.

• I was excited until I read on Reddit that 16.6 iPadOS beta is trying to resolve overheating issues for Logic Pro (iPad).

• edited May 2023

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Eh, just muck about in Garageband for the next 3 days. 🤣

If you squint your eyes half closed GarageBand looks just like Logic Pro and you can pretend you have it early. :smiley:

• I would not be so impatient to get Logic Pro. It will be a ChatGPT powered music auto generating machine.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@ecou said:

@wim said:

I'll be making it available on a subscription basis.

• @wim said:

@ecou said:

@wim said:

ROFL 😂😂

• Meh, I’ll probably still be doing the same things; making music in Drambo, Loopy Pro, and AUM.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be trying out the free trial and will most likely subscribe to the $49 thing, but the DAWs I have already I don’t use. Logic might end up collecting dust along with Cubasis 3 and the others if it doesn’t have enough cool gadgets to keep me interested. Maybe It’ll change my mind and get me back into working with a DAW. We’ll see!

• edited May 2023

@wim said:

@ecou said:

@wim said:

I will create an iOS app to organize all your subscriptions (Logic Pro, Netflix, Disney+, HBO, Amazon Prime, Audible, Magazine, Crave, etc). My app will be available for $4,99/month. I think I hold something...

• I was going to start an "Are we there yet?" thread, but this'll do.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@wim said:

@ecou said:

@wim said:

I will create an iOS app to organize all your subscriptions (Logic Pro, Netflix, Disney+, HBO, Amazon Prime, Audible, Magazine, Crave, etc). My app will be available for $4,99/month. I think I hold something...

Call it ISBE (iOS Subscription Box Explorer)?

• Load up Logic Pro on a Mac, attach iPad via sidecar, drag Logic window over to the iPad screen, voila!

• @Simon said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Eh, just muck about in Garageband for the next 3 days. 🤣

If you squint your eyes half closed GarageBand looks just like Logic Pro and you can pretend you have it early. :smiley:

LOL! Well as for me, I'm creating a new EP. The ideas are formed in Garageband and will be finished and polished in Logic Pro. So I'm definitely not letting grass grow under my feet while waiting for Logic Pro to be released. I'm in my creative grind.

A little something for you to read while waiting for Logic Pro. I bought myself a new pair of 3rd Gen AirPods via Affirm Loan on Amazon. My Beats headphones cracked, so I went with AirPods instead. I didn't get the pros as I don't like earbuds sticking into my ear canals. The AirPods sit comfortably inside of the tragus and antitragus without poking into the ear canal. Great sound clarity, although I had to turn off that spatial audio. A cool effect that makes the sound sound like it's coming out of the iPad's speakers in relation to your head movement, but definitely not conductive to mixing and production.

I also like the fact that my AirPods aren't cumbersome when laying back in bed just mucking about within Garageband.

• edited May 2023

@Telstar5 said:
    My life is good and fulfilling but it’s gonna go up several notches after Tuesday. Oh, but my poor wife .. And to my friends and even family .. It’s been swell.. Really it has.. Just don’t panic if ya don’t see me for a couple of months.
    VIVA Logic Pro!

Spending my time learning GarageBand… Don’t know why I never did it before.. if Logic is just GarageBand Pro.. it is well worth the wait.. 3 more days..

• @RajahP said:

@Telstar5 said:
    VIVA Logic Pro!

Spending my time learning GarageBand… Don’t know why I never did it before.. if Logic is just GarageBand Pro.. it is well worth the wait.. 3 more days..

This was me as soon as I saw the announcement and that Logic Pro will be able to open Garageband files. I decided to just dig into Garageband. I used to write off Garageband as too simplistic or cumbersome (I've tried it in the past and it never clicked), but now here's my latest idea. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cl4bsmzmc7ry2g0/051823a 2.m4a?dl=0

There'll be vocals sung on this before the drop which I will record in Logic Pro, but this is the basic gist of it.

• edited May 2023

@user54432 said:
    I was excited until I read on Reddit that 16.6 iPadOS beta is trying to resolve overheating issues for Logic Pro (iPad).

that may be sign it will fully utilise multicore cpu - with just single core load you can get it too hot

• @Montreal_Music said:

@wim said:

@ecou said:

@wim said:

we seriously need craking/hacking warez scene for iOS like we had during old good times on PC’s 😂

• After next week history will be partitioned. BLP and ALP

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    A little something for you to read while waiting for Logic Pro. I bought myself a new pair of 3rd Gen AirPods via Affirm Loan on Amazon. My Beats headphones cracked, so I went with AirPods instead. I didn't get the pros as I don't like earbuds sticking into my ear canals. The AirPods sit comfortably inside of the tragus and antitragus without poking into the ear canal. Great sound clarity, although I had to turn off that spatial audio. A cool effect that makes the sound sound like it's coming out of the iPad's speakers in relation to your head movement, but definitely not conductive to mixing and production.

I also like the fact that my AirPods aren't cumbersome when laying back in bed just mucking about within Garageband.

I remember reading somewhere in this forum that AirPod latency is less worse than other BT headphones/speakers, I forget the technical reasons, but would you care to comment on that?
    How would you rate your experience when using a step sequencer?
    Does the visual play marker represent what you’re hearing?
    Is it ok enough to record trigger input into a piano roll editor on the fly?
    I realize mileage will vary depending on how sucky one’s timing is to begin with, but I am curious to know. Plus, anything to derail a logic thread. 👿

• Bluetooth latency is not great for real-time recording, but I love arranging on wireless headphones. They’re great for referencing mixes too, since most folks have a pair nowadays

• Drambo and Loopy Pro makes me wonder if I will even use Logic when it comes out.

• wimwim
    edited May 2023

@BroCoast said:
    Drambo and Loopy Pro makes me wonder if I will even use Logic when it comes out.

I know I won't. If I ever felt the need for Logic Pro I'd use it on desktop. Using it on an iPad has no appeal to me at all.