Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Minimoog Model D: Problem with three-finger gestures

I’m using an iPhone 14 Plus running iOS 16.3.1. I have no problems using the official Minimoog app in standalone mode, but the problem occurs when I use it as an audio unit in AUM. When in the default mode, I’m able to play three-note chords properly, but once I press the switch to enlarge the keyboard, three-finger presses now bring up the undo/redo menu. I’ve tried other audio units, such as the Moog Model 15, and none of them exhibit this behavior. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• It’s also worth noting that in Garageband, going to the home screen and back is able to permanently solve this issue for that specific instance of Model D. No luck with that on AUM so far.

• If I'm not totally mistaken that is one of the things that have been fixed in more recent iOS/iPadOS updates.
    16.4.1 is the current one. At least I can no longer replicate the 3 finger thing...

• edited May 2023

@Samu said:
    If I'm not totally mistaken that is one of the things that have been fixed in more recent iOS/iPadOS updates.
    16.4.1 is the current one. At least I can no longer replicate the 3 finger thing...

Okay, I’ll try updating my iOS. But just to clarify, I think this is an iPhone specific problem, as the undo/redo menu only appears after I toggle the switch to enlarge they keyboard (as seen at 0:26 in the video), which I don’t think you can do in the iPad version.
    https://youtu.be/EsV0P5SO3Iw

• Wait that was supposed to be a video, give me a minute.

• edited May 2023

@Samu said:
    If I'm not totally mistaken that is one of the things that have been fixed in more recent iOS/iPadOS updates.

Okay the video should be there now

• Could be?!
    Be sure to let Moog know about it @MoogMusicInc so they can fix it...

• @MoogMusicInc Hi maybe you can help me out on this one. I sent a request to [email protected] two weeks ago and haven’t received a reply.

• @thecalimaki
    Hi. It seems to me that the following thread’s link and your report have something in common, but I’m not sure.

-three fingers
    -the text editing menu pops up
    -moog synth app

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/52876/the-text-editing-menu-pops-up-in-animoog-z-auv3

• edited May 2023

@cramdog said:
    @thecalimaki
    Hi. It seems to me that the following thread’s link and your report have something in common, but I’m not sure.

-three fingers
    -moog synth app

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/52876/the-text-editing-menu-pops-up-in-animoog-z-auv3

this hasn’t solved my problem, but it did give me the idea to contact the AUM dev as well, so thanks.

@j_liljedahl hi there, I was wondering if you had an iPhone and Minimoog to test this on. I’d like to know if this is a Moog-specific problem or an AUM-specific problem. In Garageband, I’m able to solve the problem by going to the home screen and back, but that hasn’t worked in AUM so far.

• @thecalimaki said:

@cramdog said:
    @thecalimaki

-three fingers
    -moog synth app

this hasn’t solved my problem, but it did give me the idea to contact the AUM dev as well, so thanks.

@j_liljedahl hi there, I was wondering if you had an iPhone and Minimoog to test this on. I’d like to know if this is a Moog-specific problem or an AUM-specific problem. In Garageband, I’m able to solve the problem by going to the home screen and back, but that hasn’t worked in AUM so far.

As the linked thread says, this was fixed last year in AUM, but it might be that each plugin developer also need the same fix, or that some new iOS 16 schenigan broke it inside Minimoog. On iOS 16.5, the AUM-side of this fix still works fine however, since tapping with three fingers on the built-in keyboard in AUM works fine.

I know @GeertBevin fixed it in Animoog Z, so maybe it's an easy fix here as well.

• Hi everyone,

We released updates for all three apps a couple of weeks ago with a workaround for this iOS regression bug. We did fix it before and have been indicating to iOS that the menu should not be used, but some time in the latest iOS updates those things stopped being honored. We worked around it with a hack, but at least managed to find a way to do so, which wasn't trivial.

❤️ your friends at Moog.

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

We released updates for all three apps a couple of weeks ago with a workaround for this iOS regression bug. We did fix it before and have been indicating to iOS that the menu should not be used, but some time in the latest iOS updates those things stopped being honored. We worked around it with a hack, but at least managed to find a way to do so, which wasn't trivial.

❤️ your friends at Moog.

Thanks the update solved the issue. :smile: