Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation launch control vs akai lpd8

2»

Comments

• One thing I will say about the LPD8 is that the pads are horribly stiff. I've had one since release, and you really need to thwack them to get something to happen. I think this is the case with a lot of the newer Akai stuff, as I've had a play around with the MPX8 and found the pads to be equally stiff.

• @Macao95 said:

Really. The pads smell horrible. Like 'your killing the earth' horrible.

I had a flat like this in East Dulwich once. My own fault.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Macao95 said:

Really. The pads smell horrible. Like 'your killing the earth' horrible.

I had a flat like this in East Dulwich once. My own fault.

Johnny, I appreciate your poetry where it stands, but you're getting so abstract that it's hard to know up from down. What were we talking about?

• I got it.

Pad = place to live (in UK English).

• Ok, so beatstep is here. I like it a lot for its built quality and the pads but the knobs, man they're are a little too fancy for me. They are of the stepped kind and the software curve is just too complex. Once upon a time I had arturia minilab and I let it go because the knobs were too slow. Here there's 3 settings and even in the fastest setting it takes two turns to go full circle. The last update accelerated this when the knob is moved very fast but that made me accidentally push other controls. The mpk mini knobs are nowhere near as posh but they definitely easier to control over the beatstep ones. I'm using it in a control mode so can't comment on the sequencer.

• Agree about the beatstep knobs. Love the thing but I twist and twist sometimes! To some extent, that's just a general drawback to an endless rotary encoder vs a fixed throw knob like the akai.

• Anyone encountered problems with the lpd8 pads sensitivity? I saw online people complaining about it