Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Affinity Feature in App Store

Comments

• @Gavinski said:
    While Affinity photo looks great, I heard it has a steep learning curve so it may be overkill for my purposes. When I search for thumbnail generation app list articles on Google though, the offerings mostly look very gimmicky. I know this could be a separate thread but if anyone has a suggestion for a quality thumbnail creation app with a fast and dirty workflow I’m all ears.

Maybe Pixelmator Pro might do it....https://www.pixelmator.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-custom-youtube-thumbnail/

• @enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:
    While Affinity photo looks great, I heard it has a steep learning curve so it may be overkill for my purposes. When I search for thumbnail generation app list articles on Google though, the offerings mostly look very gimmicky. I know this could be a separate thread but if anyone has a suggestion for a quality thumbnail creation app with a fast and dirty workflow I’m all ears.

Maybe Pixelmator Pro might do it....https://www.pixelmator.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-custom-youtube-thumbnail/

Thnx Nige! Will check that out 👍

• @Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:

Looks perfect 👌 thnx a lot

• @Gavinski said:

@Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:

No problem - there's a 7 day unlimited trial period and it's pretty cheap for what it offers too....

• edited November 2022

If you could create them on pc I’d suggest giving gimp a glimpse since it’s powerful and free

• Hello. It’s probably been discussed somewhere but I don’t had much time this week. I am super eager to spend my quids since version one got on my Mac i think from 2015 on or so. So this is not a ever year new version to purchase option I guess. And they love their products. Anyways,

How does this cross platform licensing work?
    Only when I buy from their website? Again, how does this work with iOS products then?
    I am really in need of iOS, Mac and windows. And wonder how they manage it to make it work. Thanks ! 👊🏼🙃

• edited November 2022

@david_2017 said:
    Hello. It’s probably been discussed somewhere but I don’t had much time this week. I am super eager to spend my quids since version one got on my Mac i think from 2015 on or so. So this is not a ever year new version to purchase option I guess. And they love their products. Anyways,

How does this cross platform licensing work?
    Only when I buy from their website? Again, how does this work with iOS products then?
    I am really in need of iOS, Mac and windows. And wonder how they manage it to make it work. Thanks ! 👊🏼🙃

You login with your Affinity account in one of the apps on your iPad, MacOS and Windows and all subsequent apps are logged in afterwards in each platform.

• @dobbs said:
    If you could create them on pc I’d suggest giving gimp a glimpse since it’s powerful and free

Thanks - I like to do everything on ipad, my laptop isn't working and I probably won't even bother fixing it 😂

• @Gavinski said:

@dobbs said:

Thanks - I like to do everything on ipad, my laptop isn't working and I probably won't even bother fixing it 😂

Don’t forget the wonderful and free: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vectornator-graphic-design/id1219074514

Works on iPad, iPhone and Mac

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Gavinski said:

@dobbs said:

Don’t forget the wonderful and free: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vectornator-graphic-design/id1219074514

Yeah vectornator is really rather good, especially for free…

• @david_2017 said:
    So this is not a ever year new version to purchase option I guess.

Nobody knows.

• edited November 2022

@Krupa said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Gavinski said:

@dobbs said:

Vectornator’s auto trace is kinda disappointing though, Vector Q is MUCH better for that.

• edited November 2022

@BiancaNeve said:

@Krupa said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Gavinski said:

@dobbs said:

Vectornator’s auto trace is kinda disappointing though, Vector Q is MUCH better for that.

This is the best vector tracer I’ve found, it’s free and with export out of Adobe!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/adobe-capture-illustrator-ps/id1040200189

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@BiancaNeve said:

@Krupa said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Gavinski said:

@dobbs said:

This is the best vector tracer I’ve found, it’s free and with export out of Adobe!

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/adobe-capture-illustrator-ps/id1040200189

Pretty cool.

• Has anyone who already had the v1 installs, bought the new v2 installs? If so, are they significantly better?

They don’t seem like much more than a nominal upgrade to me.

• @skiphunt said:
    Has anyone who already had the v1 installs, bought the new v2 installs? If so, are they significantly better?

More refined UI/UX, feels more Pro

• There are new features in V2 that I’ve been wanting in V1 forever, primarily in Designer. The new warp and drawing tools alone were enough for me to upgrade. And it is a more refined experience overall. Little organizational things like better layer maintenance, etc..

• edited November 2022

@Stuntman_mike @aaronpc

I’ve never really fully embraced the Affinity interface. I think Adobe was better in that respect, but there were a few functions I felt Affinity did better.

Affinity seems to frequently have 50% off sales so I don’t buy this intro 40% off being all that urgent.

If I throw money at them again, I’d likely do the whole universal enchilada. Is that what you guys did?

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@skiphunt said:
    Has anyone who already had the v1 installs, bought the new v2 installs? If so, are they significantly better?

More refined UI/UX, feels more Pro

Yes! There are some cool, new vector tools I can’t wait to use 🤩

• @skiphunt

They will do 50% off again plenty, but that is per app. I’d be a little surprised if they ever go below $99 for the universal license. That’s actually 60% off if you count it all up.

I have some issues with the interface as well, but it is made to work exactly the same on desktop as on an iPad. I can move between devices without changing my workflow, making it a worthwhile trade off. Especially since I often work on a Cintiq.

• The new interface is much improved on iPad compared to V1.

• @skiphunt said:

@craftycurate said:

@skiphunt said:

Basically the same as a subscription… only longer breaks before you have to cough up $99 again for the next version.

It isn’t. You get to keep the software. v1 still works fine, and there is no need to upgrade.

Sure. Until the next iOS macOS update breaks it, then you've got zilch unless you pony up to pay them again.

Look, I couldn't care less if anyone else thinks this is a "great deal". You wanna keep throwing money at them for each new upgrade... you do you.

I'm not going to upgrade. I'll use the V1 apps until they break from an OS update and then I'll see what the alternatives are at that point.

However, I am very disappointed in Affinity after supporting them from the beginning by buying ALL their mobile and desktop versions. I've even convinced colleagues over the years to make the switch from Adobe to Affinity. The very least they could've done is offer registered V1 users some kind of extra discount. They didn't, and for that reason I'm not such an Affinity fanboy anymore. There will always be an alternative. I'll evaluate if I want to keep throwing money at them when my V1 installs break. Until then, I won't be recommending them to anyone anymore.

Mr Skip and Mr Monzo are disappointed at Serif Labs - who could tell… 😂😂😂

• Mr Skip and Mr Monzo are disappointed at Serif Labs - who could tell… 😂😂😂

I guess I would be mad if I had bought all of these a year ago, but I've been getting free updates as long as I can remember. I figured they were due.

• Y'know, on reflection, after posting about this earlier, I realise I'm not too delighted about the fact that there is no pricing difference between new and returning customers, having bought all their v1 apps for desktop and mobile to support ongoing development.

The suggestion that the 40% discount could persist for returning customers after the initial discount period is one way to do it. Or a change of heart at Serif is another.

Another way to do it is to skip v2 altogether, since it doesn't seem to offer a great deal more than v1 featurewise, and wait till v3, or a future discount, since their pricing policy is likely to be the same for v3 as for v2, so may as well save up and continue with Adobe in the meantime.

• @Gavinski said:

@Gavinski said:

@enkaytee said:

@Gavinski said:

Yes, Pixilmator is my go-to app for really quick work on raster images.

The Affinity apps are definitely more in-depth though.

• edited November 2022

Tell me if I'm wrong : Publisher 2 is still unable to import XML files.
    This and the layers's structure are the main 2 reasons that kept me away from Publisher.
    I would really be happy to stop with Adobe, but it's obvious that they're still miles away ahead from Serif.

• edited November 2022

@craftycurate said:
    Y'know, on reflection, after posting about this earlier, I realise I'm not too delighted about the fact that there is no pricing difference between new and returning customers, having bought all their v1 apps for desktop and mobile to support ongoing development.

The suggestion that the 40% discount could persist for returning customers after the initial discount period is one way to do it. Or a change of heart at Serif is another.

Another way to do it is to skip v2 altogether, since it doesn't seem to offer a great deal more than v1 featurewise, and wait till v3, or a future discount, since their pricing policy is likely to be the same for v3 as for v2, so may as well save up and continue with Adobe in the meantime.

Can’t understand people everywhere complain about Serif Labs price policies - I think that we everyone just should be glad that big companies like Serif Labs is offers us one time payment instead of subscription…

And, getting nine (9) licence for only 100$ can only be celebrated!

Together with that everyone-gets-that-nice-price ONLY is good for us and the growing business of Serif Labs (and good to fight the real enemies like Adobe Inc)…

So, at least, i’m fuckin’ satified with the V2 update, especially getting Affinity Publisher on iPad (after FOUR years looooong wait)!

• edited November 2022

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Mr Skip and Mr Monzo are disappointed at Serif Labs - who could tell… 😂😂😂

I often wonder why attacking anyone who isn’t a total sycophantic fanboy for a piece of software, a product, on here has become such a thing.

People voicing different opinions is what makes this place a forum, not a PR resource for software companies.

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Serif Labs is offers us one time payment instead of subscription…

So you haven’t bought everything all over again then?

• @Gratouilli said:
    Tell me if I'm wrong : Publisher 2 is still unable to import XML files.
    This and the layers's structure are the main 2 reasons that kept me away from Publisher.
    I would really be happy to stop with Adobe, but it's obvious that they're still miles away ahead from Serif.

I looked around and it doesn’t appear to yet 😩

• Does anyone know how do they make this cross platform licensing work?

Only when I buy from their website? But how does this work with iOS products then?
    I am really in need of iOS, Mac and windows. Thanks ! 👊🏼🙃