Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Affinity Feature in App Store

edited November 2022 in Other

Almost live ahead of big announcement later today, ad in App Store seems to confirm Publisher release finally 🤩
Not clickable yet… and Serif website down for “maintenance”, exciting!

Comments

• Uh-oh, time to make sure all my Affinity apps are up to date.

• Nice! Perhaps an overhaul of the UI to Photo and Designer judging from those floating panels? And of course the release of Publisher.

• edited November 2022

That’s a pretty good price for what you get. However if you own the existing apps you have to pay again now for version 2 for further updates. So bottom line if you want version 2 and further updates on iPad only its £9.99 per app currently to upgrade from version 1. Desktop it £35.99 per app.

• edited November 2022

£9.99 iPad only.

• Came here to post about them. You guys where faster :lol:
    Just saw their social media post

• All inclusive deal is amazing, buying tomorrow!

• @Jumpercollins said:

That’s a pretty good price for what you get. However if you own the existing apps you have to pay again now for version 2 for further updates. So bottom line if you want version 2 and further updates on iPad only its £9.99 per app currently to upgrade from version 1. Desktop it £35.99 per app.

Agree... For new users it's a no brainer
    For me with currency conversion it will be a hefty cost. Hope they extend the launch discount for some time :tongue:

• Looks interesting, a shame there’s no upgrade path but the intro price is supposed to cover that base I guess…

• Looks like you need M1 to get the best out of these apps on desktop at least. Shame they don’t do a iPad bundle.

• edited November 2022

@Jumpercollins said:
    Looks like you need M1 to get the best out of these apps on desktop at least. Shame they don’t do a iPad bundle.

The complete bundle is actually comparable to buying all three iPad apps separately. Typically $29.99 each at regular price in iPad App Store, so for $99 you get iPadOS, MacOS and Windows!!!

• They seem to have a pretty good grace period — I bought their apps years ago but they sent me a free upgrade code. Not sure if it was an accounting error on their part, but I know what I’m doing after work today!

• Right, so I've bought:

Affinity Designer for Mac, iOS and Windows
    Affinity Photo for Mac, iOS and Windows
    Affinity Publisher for Mac

And I don't get an extra discount - I pay exactly the same as a new user.

No subscription. Right. Gotcha.

• I got Paint 2 for desktop free...

• @Stuntman_mike said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Looks like you need M1 to get the best out of these apps on desktop at least. Shame they don’t do a iPad bundle.

The complete bundle is actually comparable to buying all three iPad apps separately. Typically $29.99 each at regular price in iPad App Store, so for $99 you get iPadOS, MacOS and Windows!!!

@Stuntman_mike My 2013 MBP is a little slow with RAM to handle the desktop versions but my iPad M1 would be fine.

• @CapnWillie said:
    This is what i predicted and mentioned would happen. The only surprise is the hefty intro discount. Very generous and I’m in. The first versions of these apps are still every bit as amazing as they were yesterday so I don’t understand how any user, new or old, can feel any way about a completely new and fully reoptimized paid version.

Because they haven’t fixed existing bugs in the ‘old’ versions? Because I’ve now got to find ninety quid to keep my ‘subscription free’ software updated?

• @Jumpercollins said:

Holy sh*t! That is a good price.

• @CapnWillie said:
    On the contrary, you don’t “got to” do anything at all.

Well, I do. If I want to keep the eight V1 'subscription free' apps I've paid several hundred quid for, up to date, as they're no longer going to receive updates.

@CapnWillie said:
    However, developers aren’t immune to reality and deserve to be compensated for their work.

No-one said they shouldn't, I don't need yet another lecture on that old chestnut. My gripe is that there's no additional discount for V1 users who've already spent a lot of money on them, and the timing is excetionally bad what with tripling of energy bills here, and inflation going through the roof.

• @monz0id said:

@CapnWillie said:
    This is what i predicted and mentioned would happen. The only surprise is the hefty intro discount. Very generous and I’m in. The first versions of these apps are still every bit as amazing as they were yesterday so I don’t understand how any user, new or old, can feel any way about a completely new and fully reoptimized paid version.

Because they haven’t fixed existing bugs in the ‘old’ versions? Because I’ve now got to find ninety quid to keep my ‘subscription free’ software updated?

So that actually is specifically how non-subscription software works: you pay once for the current version, and (ideally) they fix critical bugs for as long as the current version is on sale. If they’re really good, they’ll address non-critical bugs and offer feature upgrades, but once the next version comes out, the old version stands.

It sounds like you would actually be happier with a subscription model because you get all ongoing feature upgrades and regular bugfixes at no additional cost, regardless of the version number.

Also, in specific defence of Serif — I paid $50 CAD for Designer in 2014 and have received regular stability updates and feature upgrades for no additional cost. That’s pretty amazing!

• @jrjulius said:
    So that actually is specifically how non-subscription software works: you pay once for the current version, and (ideally) they fix critical bugs for as long as the current version is on sale.

I know how it works. I just think a bit of custmer loyalty wouldn't go amiss. Ableton, for example, are offering me an upgrade price at 25% of the full cost.

Finding another £90 down the back of the sofa when I've apready spent several hundred quid on them, at this moment in time, is not exactly helpful.

• If you bought them recently, drop 'em a line and see if they'll send you an extra discount code.

• hmm, nothing yet in the German app store and the old affinity apps don't even have an app store page any more, just gives me an error message...

• It's also worth remembering you got 7 years of free updates with the v1 apps. I feel guilty giving them only £90.

• edited November 2022

----delete me----

• I bought all the Serif apps on desktop and iOS over the years and have had some use from them, though not as much as I might have given that Adobe is my main toolit.

A loyalty discount would have been nice, but on balance here, I think it's fair enough not to offer an upgrade discount, and here's why. Serif is my safety net if I ever decide to jump ship on Adobe, which is tempting given the cost of the Adobe rental. Given the length of time that v1 has been updated and added to, it's worked out at a very small ongoing cost.

I have a vested interest in Serif continuing to be a great backup option, and they need to remain healthy financially to be that, and for what you get, £89.99 for a perpetual universal license is a steal. Also it's likely this version will remain the current one for quite some time to come.

So yeah I get the loyalty discount thing esp in these tough financial times, but on this occasion, I think their policy is justified - that's how I see it anyways.

• @FastGhost said:
    It's also worth remembering you got 7 years of free updates with the v1 apps.

Publisher has only been out for three years, so, not that one. And that's also making the assumption existing customers all bought V1 versions on release.

@FastGhost said:
    I feel guilty giving them only £90.

Give them a tip. Or save your cash for V3.