Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMaschine 2 - No Longer on the App Store?

2»

Comments

• @Poppadocrock said:

Noooooo. I thought there was a decent chance it was coming back

Yeah that’s a shame. I was always interested in it but the bugs kept me away. Always hoped it would get further development to become a great app but I guess that was never in the plans. Maybe they’ll come back some day? They’d have to win back a lot of good will though.

• Really good sounding kits..,hoping to convert them to DMD as this is likely to have more longevity than alternatives

• Isn’t the truth that Native Instruments are totally uninterested in the iPad/iPhone music making community?

If we compair with example Korg so have Korg made an awesome job to get us fed with great synths and also Korg Gadget…

A matter of facts, Korg even allow us load in all apps even on M1/M2 Macs! Great!

Reject NI and put your money on the the real enthusiastic companies/developer on this platform…

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Isn’t the truth that Native Instruments are totally uninterested in the iPad/iPhone music making community?

If we compair with example Korg so have Korg made an awesome job to get us fed with great synths and also Korg Gadget…

A matter of facts, Korg even allow us load in all apps even on M1/M2 Macs! Great!

Reject NI and put your money on the the real enthusiastic companies/developer on this platform…

I’d say Moog is a better comparison as Korg sometimes seems half-hearted with their unwillingness to entertain AUV3 for all but 2 of their synths. I do still really love what they’ve done on the platform and use them a lot, I just wish they’d take more notes from Roland and Moog. Still hope we’ll see the WaveState desktop port on iOS.

• @HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Isn’t the truth that Native Instruments are totally uninterested in the iPad/iPhone music making community?

I’d say Moog is a better comparison as Korg sometimes seems half-hearted with their unwillingness to entertain AUV3 for all but 2 of their synths. I do still really love what they’ve done on the platform and use them a lot, I just wish they’d take more notes from Roland and Moog. Still hope we’ll see the WaveState desktop port on iOS.

Yeah, I forgotten Moog (and many others) in my statement!
    Also Moog Model 15 and Moog Model D can be used in Logic Pro on my Mac…

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Don’t have a desktop but do have a friend that uses Model D on desktop. Would love if Moog made a Mother32/Werkstatt or DFAM type app on iOS.

• @HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Don’t have a desktop but do have a friend that uses Model D on desktop. Would love if Moog made a Mother32/Werkstatt or DFAM type app on iOS.

Hmm, well now that Moog is a property of "inMusic" you can probably expect the same great support for the platform that we see from Akai and the other inMusic brands :'(

• @Poppadocrock said:
    You can export up to 4 kits at a time and then rebuild them in Sitala or DS2 or etc…

Is there a dl link anywhere?

• Not a big deal for most (certainly not for me), as they never really supported their products on iOS, or tried to develop them into what they should’ve/could’ve been. They certainly never listened to their customer suggestions.

And before anyone attacks me for that opinion, I bought all the iOS products along with everything on PC.
    I use Reaktor almost every day, which is a stunning piece of software.

They remind me very much of Propellerheads/Reason Studios

• @cokomairena said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    You can export up to 4 kits at a time and then rebuild them in Sitala or DS2 or etc…

Is there a dl link anywhere?

Nope, it’s a trick I learned in this forum many many years ago.

1. Start an empty project
    2. Load up the 4 kits you want to export, one in each, A B C D, switch keys by long pressing to make it a 4th drum kit.
    3. Open the menu tab and hit - export to maschine
    4. When the share menu pops up, save the zipped file to iCloud or audioshare.
    5. Unzip the file and you have every individual hit from each of the 4 kits separated into folders

You can only do 4 kits at a time, but it’s great to get some of your favorite sounds and kits into other drum apps.

• Nah not really a huge deal, you’re right. My “nooo” was a bit exaggerated, lol. I was just hoping it would get updated or maybe a new au version, or something because it’s really easy to get some good beat’s going quickly. I liked the workflow, and it was great for me at the time, (during my Gadget & iM2 years, 6-7 years ago) but it’s closed system, and my progression/knowledge has turned it into an app I occasionally open up just to mix things up and use something different.

• Get the sounds out. LOL.

• @mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Hmm, well now that Moog is a property of "inMusic" you can probably expect the same great support for the platform that we see from Akai and the other inMusic brands :'(

Akai sold their app to RetroKits (the makers of Tabletop and Phase84) and Phase84 and iMPC2 at least get occasional maintenance updates. Even if they never put out a new synth on iOS, I’m hoping they’ll at least maintain what they have. Though Moogerfoogers on iOS would be amazing

• @HotStrange said:

@mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Akai sold their app to RetroKits (the makers of Tabletop and Phase84) and Phase84 and iMPC2 at least get occasional maintenance updates. Even if they never put out a new synth on iOS, I’m hoping they’ll at least maintain what they have. Though Moogerfoogers on iOS would be amazing

Akai hired Retronyms to develop iMPC in 2013 (https://www.soundonsound.com/news/pocket-mpc-new-impc-iphone). It eventually evolved into iMPC Pro 2. It is still listed on the AppStore under Akai. Last updated 9 months ago. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/impc-pro-2/id1294928298

• @HotStrange said:

@mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

I hope so too, but consolidations like this usually result in orphaned products while the new parent company tries to milk profit from the acquisition.

I don't know if software instruments are a profitable business for Moog, but if they aren't, well...

• Already making 4 drum pad layers and exporting kits to files, quickly reassembling in drum machine designer on Logic Pro mobile in mere minutes…then saving. In a couple days it’ll be done and I will say bye to imaschine 2. Not to mention putting the one shot instruments into sample alchemy yields much better results anyway…to me it is an UPGRADE

• @mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

I hope so too, but consolidations like this usually result in orphaned products while the new parent company tries to milk profit from the acquisition.

I don't know if software instruments are a profitable business for Moog, but if they aren't, well...

That’s such a depressing thought. Really hope it doesn’t go down that road. Moog is top tier in both hardware and software. If they systematically destroy the company I’ll never forgive them or use any of their products again.

• wimwim
    edited June 2023

@mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

My take on this is different. Whether or not the Moog apps generate a lot of revenue, they are low cost to maintain at this stage, and they serve very well as brand recognition tools. Marketing is expensive and advertising is a constant expense that doesn't age. The development cost of these apps is already largely in the past, but they continue to expose the brand to people who might never walk into a music store or pick up a music magazine.

There are far, far bigger and better ways to cut costs in an acquisition than by jettisoning products that no longer cost a lot to keep in play. Not to mention the big black eye that killing products people use and like (not only on iOS btw). Maybe, if the products were half-baked and still needed lots of development costs, but these are mature and well regarded products.

I've been on both sides of corporate acquisition teams over the years. There are acquisitions that are done in order to neutralize a competing product or to sell off assets. This isn't one of them. I firmly believe Moog's apps are safe.

• @wim said:

@mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

My take on this is different. Whether or not the Moog apps generate a lot of revenue, they are low cost to maintain at this stage, and they serve very well as brand recognition tools. Marketing is expensive and advertising is a constant expense that doesn't age. The development cost of these apps is already largely in the past, but they continue to expose the brand to people who might never walk into a music store or pick up a music magazine.

There are far, far bigger and better ways to cut costs in an acquisition than by jettisoning products that no longer cost a lot to keep in play. Not to mention the big black eye that killing products people use and like (not only on iOS btw). Maybe, if the products were half-baked and still needed lots of development costs, but these are mature and well regarded products.

I've been on both sides of corporate acquisition teams over the years. There are acquisitions that are done in order to neutralize a competing product or to sell off assets. This isn't one of them. I firmly believe Moog's apps are safe.

This is a good take. If anything we may not see any new apps from Moog (I hope that’s not the case) but it seems more likely if they wanted to save costs, they’d cut down on people first unfortunately. Then just pawn the development work off onto 1-2 people and make them do twice the work.

• wimwim
    edited June 2023

@HotStrange said:

@wim said:

@mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

This is a good take. If anything we may not see any new apps from Moog (I hope that’s not the case) but it seems more likely if they wanted to save costs, they’d cut down on people first unfortunately. Then just pawn the development work off onto 1-2 people and make them do twice the work.

Maintaining these apps shouldn't be a huge task. Sure OS updates can break 'em but fixing that kind of thing is nowhere the scale of developing an app. Often a parent company brings more development staff to the table, sometimes located in lower cost parts of the world. A small / struggling company might only have a couple of developers, and those can leave, trowing a wrench into the works. A bigger company sometimes has more ability to roll with that kind of thing.

• @wim said:

@HotStrange said:

@wim said:

@mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@mjm1138 said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@HotStrange said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Maintaining these apps shouldn't be a huge task. Sure OS updates can break 'em but fixing that kind of thing is nowhere the scale of developing an app. Often a parent company brings more development staff to the table, sometimes located in lower cost parts of the world. A small / struggling company might only have a couple of developers, and those can leave, trowing a wrench into the works. A bigger company sometimes has more ability to roll with that kind of thing.

That’s true as well. I love Moog so I hope this move only spells good things for them as a company. Akai’s parent company has had some bad PR but hopefully they intend on keeping Moog’s name in good faith.

• edited June 2023

@MrSmileZ said:
    Already making 4 drum pad layers and exporting kits to files, quickly reassembling in drum machine designer on Logic Pro mobile in mere minutes…then saving. In a couple days it’ll be done and I will say bye to imaschine 2. Not to mention putting the one shot instruments into sample alchemy yields much better results anyway…to me it is an UPGRADE

Would have been nice if NI were to license the imaschine kits to Apple as a producer pack DMD for the Sound Library. Apple certainly has the $$$ and NI could keep brand presence / equity

• edited June 2023

Wow, who would want to kill of this Gem.. It had me buy into Maschine on desktop..

Plays really nice on my older iPad..