Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iMaschine 2 - No Longer on the App Store?

Just looking around the App Store and noticed Native Instruments only had 2 apps, Tracktor DJ and Tracktor 2. No imaschine 2 anymore? I’m sad to see it go. Maybe this is temporary or in anticipation of another release? Simply guessing here though. Does anyone know anything about this? Or what Native Instruments is up to? Cheers!

Comments

• I’m not sure they ever got Traktor 2 up to feature parity with the original. Sort of feels like their iOS ambitions have petered out.

• Crazy. I like machine2. If anything all the soundtracks are worth the price for using in other apps.

• Hardly surprising as they pretty much abandoned it a few years ago. Wish they had kept working on it, but I gave up on it as the updates stopped.

• It was still available in purchased items for me, and it was possible to download. Not sure if the in-app store works though, trying to ‘buy’ a free pack didn’t work, but I could download content already linked to my account.

• Yea, fortunately I still have it downloaded on my device.

I was curious about the in App Store as well haven’t tried it yet though… huh interesting @Vip8888

• @Morgman73 said:
    Crazy. I like machine2. If anything all the soundtracks are worth the price for using in other apps.

Yea you can export all the kits for use in other apps. It takes awhile since you can only do 4 at a time, but still…

• @Poppadocrock Yep. Plenty of useful sounds.

• Sounds suspicious, but in a good way

• Interesting, the release of Ableton Note might have triggered something.

• @AudioGus said:

Ok. That makes more sense then just straight pulling it.

• edited October 2022

@auxmux said:
    Interesting, the release of Ableton Note might have triggered something.

Looks like they posted that in August. But yah maybe they knew something was a brewin.

• @AudioGus said:

@auxmux said:
    Interesting, the release of Ableton Note might have triggered something.

Looks like they posted that in August. But yah maybe they knew something was a brewin.

Maybe due to the lack of updates? Might be that they know some of the code is so old that it will break with the next iOS version. Does seem a long time for just testing though.

It really doesn’t feel like they give it much love these days.

• Madlib's fault, if you ask me :wink:

• Still works fine on my iPad mini 6 🤷🏼‍♂️

• damn it was nice for its simple: get a groove rolling aspect . I hope I didn't delete.

• edited December 2022

@oceansinspace said:
    damn it was nice for its simple: get a groove rolling aspect . I hope I didn't delete.

Yea I always liked it, especially for those reasons. It still works on my iPad 6 too. At least last I checked.

Hopefully it returns once they fix it up

• Knowing NI I don't think the app is coming back... They seem to be really reluctant towards their software. Speaking of having experience with Maschine+.
    Never bought this app because of the price but now after finding out that Madlib was using it, I am curious.

• So apparently I bought all the expansions at some point! So I will be exporting them (using Export for Maschine) and making drum kits. Forever! 😆

• @anickt said:
    So apparently I bought all the expansions at some point! So I will be exporting them (using Export for Maschine) and making drum kits. Forever! 😆

Have fun buddy :smiley:

• @israelite said:

@anickt said:
    So apparently I bought all the expansions at some point! So I will be exporting them (using Export for Maschine) and making drum kits. Forever! 😆

Have fun buddy :smiley:

Mindlessly making more drum kits than I’ll ever use while thinking of other things. It’s like therapy! 😆

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Morgman73 said:
    Crazy. I like machine2. If anything all the soundtracks are worth the price for using in other apps.

Yea you can export all the kits for use in other apps. It takes awhile since you can only do 4 at a time, but still…

Can someone walk me through this process? I have so many maschine kits, but file management is kind of my achilles heel. Can't make my left hand talk to my right hand on an iPad. Seems like all these sounds should easily be discoverable in Sitala or any of the numerous drum sequencers.

Freely admitting I'm an imbecile on this aspect.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@Morgman73 said:

Can someone walk me through this process? I have so many maschine kits, but file management is kind of my achilles heel. Can't make my left hand talk to my right hand on an iPad. Seems like all these sounds should easily be discoverable in Sitala or any of the numerous drum sequencers.

Freely admitting I'm an imbecile on this aspect.

Add your iMaschine folder in Sitala, that should allow you to build kits ☺️

• Tap icon in upper left. Choose Open then load a project. Tap on upper left icon again. Choose Export for Maschine. Put the export in the folder of your choosing. Drill down a couple of layers to find the Samples folder. Manage in whatever way works for you. It’s pretty easy once you’ve done it a couple times.

• A Christmas miracle! Plus you guys have sorted how I'm going to spend at least a full day of my staycation....

Thanks so much!

• Stop it lads. Now I really want this app :lol:

• @israelite said:
    Stop it lads. Now I really want this app :lol:

I don’t use the app too much but when I got it there were a bunch of free packs available. I have dozens of them. Some really great kits and one-shots of all kinds.

• You can export up to 4 kits at a time and then rebuild them in Sitala or DS2 or etc…

• Noooooo. I thought there was a decent chance it was coming back