Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM On Patchstorage

2»

Comments

• edited August 2022

@_ki said:
    @BillS In the Files app navigate to where you downloaded the file (or press the magnifier icon in the Safaris download list) and then just double tap the downloaded .aumproj File and AUM will open and ask if the file should be imported.

Play around and then don‘t forget to ‚save‘ it in AUM to store the session inside AUMs folder.

-

Another approach is to navigate to the .aumproj File as above, but then tap-and-hold on the file to acces a pop-up menu with the option to ‚move‘ the file. Now move it into ‚On my ipad/AUM“

Brilliant, thanks @_ki

• edited August 2022

@BillS said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    @pranciskus

It worked!

I just uploaded a basic test patch in safari private mode and it worked! It’s just a simple 1 audio channel with balance, pan, and LPF to quickly add on to a session. But the select butt Was available to choose and the patch uploaded.

Thanks so much for the help.

How do I open this patch in AUM once I’ve downloaded it?

I haven’t done it yet but with Mozaic and Drambo you download, then there’s a little arrow in the browser ribbon, click it, pop up of downloaded files, click it. It should load right up automatically in AUM.

Update - I just ran a test and it worked just as I described, here’s a pic. I had everything closed but safari.

• edited August 2022

@McD
    @Everyone lol

ITS OFFICIALLY FIXED EVERYBODY. Use private mode in browser to make sure uploads work.

I UPLOADED AND DOWNLOADED A PATCH ON PATCHSTORAGE.COM

THIS IS AWESOME!

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @McD
    @Everyone lol

ITS OFFICIALLY FIXED EVERYBODY. Use private mode in browser to make sure uploads work.

I UPLOADED AND DOWNLOADED A PATCH ON PATCHSTORAGE.COM

THIS IS AWESOME!

Wait ‘til @EchoOpera adds some projects that load Drambo… then hit play in AUM. Prepare to be amazed at the instant joy. He’s shared a project before and even without owing 100% of the apps I could just replace with synths or FX apps I owned and it’s just worked like magic.

The learning curve for AUM is pretty gentle and training videos abound to make it smooth to master this
    Elegant DAW that’s really a basic software mixer.

• I’m literally so excited about the possibilities and all the AUM patches we will see in the next month, 3 months, 6 months…

Even sharing completely midi mapped things should be possible too. There’s just so much potential and a chance to see unique workflows, set ups, etc… super pumped about what this will do for every AUM user.

• Just uploaded a blank template with busses, etc…

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Use private mode in browser to make sure uploads work.

what is private mode, and how can it be enabled?

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I’m literally so excited about the possibilities and all the AUM patches we will see in the next month, 3 months, 6 months…

Even sharing completely midi mapped things should be possible too. There’s just so much potential and a chance to see unique workflows, set ups, etc… super pumped about what this will do for every AUM user.

Me too. I literally bought AUM four days ago. Been a traditional desktop DAW user for 20 years, and Cubasis for the past 2 years. In the past 4 days, I have had so much fun with AUM - it defines a “breath of fresh air”!

• edited August 2022

@RockBottom said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Use private mode in browser to make sure uploads work.

what is private mode, and how can it be enabled?

In safari in the bar at the top there is a symbol with 4 squares. Press it and you see this.

It opens Internet in “private “ windows. I’m not sure of all the details. But I think it doesn’t cache websites in your web history and data.

• Just uploaded an AUM preset, it’s a random preset creator for the app STRNG. All you need is AUM, STRNG, and Mozaic with the midi cc randomizer 2.01 patch available on Patchstorage.com. Create unlimited presets for STRNG by Eric Sigth. Enjoy.

• Also uploaded a full blank template last night, with 2 midi lanes, 6 audio lanes, all audio is bussed to 2 channels, a clean channel and a fx channel. Then those two are bused to a mix channel, which is then bussed to a master channel. All audio channels have stereo balance, pan, and filter.

• People, there is no need to use the site via the incognito/private browser window. That was a one-time thing to reload the cached version of the site. Cheers!

• There’s a bug with the “Number of Downloads” counter… I have downloaded my patch over 100 times and it still shows 2 downloads.

Today I will try using Incognito and see if it’s detecting that I’m just one user.

If required I will start buying additional devices to download. I picked up some used iPhone to test.

I got a Windows 11 Laptop because 11 seems to be more like a Mac.

I think installing Virtual Box and Linux distros on the PC and my Mac will probably get passed this site
    “Security”.

This wasn’t a bug when I uploaded a Mozaic script and downloaded 100 copies in a manner of minutes.
    Someone probably complained and they “fixed it”.

Users seem to value these “counters” as indications of a patches usefulness.

I wonder how the <3 widget responds to DOS attacks. Do people download if people like the patch.

NOTE: People that do this work uploading only get feedback because no one seems to leave comments.
    I should leave my own comments like “Good shit, dude.” And other meaningful encouragement to keep trying.

• @McD said:
    There’s a bug with the “Number of Downloads” counter… I have downloaded my patch over 100 times and it still shows 2 downloads.

Today I will try using Incognito and see if it’s detecting that I’m just one user.

If required I will start buying additional devices to download. I picked up some used iPhone to test.

I got a Windows 11 Laptop because 11 seems to be more like a Mac.

I think installing Virtual Box and Linux distros on the PC and my Mac will probably get passed this site
    “Security”.

This wasn’t a bug when I uploaded a Mozaic script and downloaded 100 copies in a manner of minutes.
    Someone probably complained and they “fixed it”.

Users seem to value these “counters” as indications of a patches usefulness.

I wonder how the <3 widget responds to DOS attacks. Do people download if people like the patch.

NOTE: People that do this work uploading only get feedback because no one seems to leave comments.
    I should leave my own comments like “Good shit, dude.” And other meaningful encouragement to keep trying.

Just saw this, about the downloads. That’s odd. Let @pranciskus know i believe he is part of the PS Team.

• @McD has a new patch up.

I Uploaded anOther AUM patch also. Just putting things together really.

2 apps needed.

Mozaic - with Spectrum Patch Randomizer patch on Patchstorage
    Spectrum AU - free - 3 Au synths inside.

I basically just set up 3 Mozaic instances, all 3 have the Spectrum Patch Randomizer script Loaded up and connected to each of the 3 synths inside spectrum. Mozaic 1 to Spectrum, Mozaic 2 to Modal, Mozaic 3 to Resonator. They are in order. Simply move the randomize knob in the Mozaic connected to the synth you want generate a patch in, attach keyboard and try your new creations. Spectrum AU only saves patches in host but that Mozaic script continually produces great patches in all 3 synths.

• @pranciskus said:
    People, there is no need to use the site via the incognito/private browser window. That was a one-time thing to reload the cached version of the site. Cheers!

Yes, now that I use it in regular it works.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I’m literally so excited about the possibilities and all the AUM patches we will see in the next month, 3 months, 6 months…

Literally too especially after your words!

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I just see so many potential possibilities. Plus there a lot of AUM users, so fingers crossed we will see some great stuff on PS.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I just see so many potential possibilities. Plus there a lot of AUM users, so fingers crossed we will see some great stuff on PS.

Yessss! That will help me polish and do some order in my templates.
    And hopefully finally I could perform with one iPad.

Here’s my 1st

https://patchstorage.com/dc-moz-temp1/

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@Poppadocrock said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Yessss! That will help me polish and do some order in my templates.
    And hopefully finally I could perform with one iPad.

Here’s my 1st

https://patchstorage.com/dc-moz-temp1/

Dope, thanks for sharing. I’ll give it a go.

• I just uploaded a new AUM patch to Patchstorage.

Mononoke Random Patch Creator

Thanks to @wim for the Mega CC Randomize Patch for Mozaic and @brambos for Mononoke

Here is the link.

https://patchstorage.com/mononoke-random-patch-creator/

I’m almost finished another one for Lagrange which should be up soon. Cheers!

• Love to see some more patches up for AUM, so share em if ya got em, cheers!

• @Poppadocrock said:

2 apps needed.

Thanks for making me aware of this really useful @wim script. These bring out a lot of possibilities with those 3 synths.

• @Stochastically said:

@Poppadocrock said:

2 apps needed.

Thanks for making me aware of this really useful @wim script. These bring out a lot of possibilities with those 3 synths.

Definitely. I need to get the Lagrange one up. Been dragging my feet a little.

• edited September 2022

Just uploaded a new AUM patch on Patchstorage.

Apps needed
    AUM
    Lagrange
    Mozaic with Mega CC Randomizer script also on Patchstorage

Lagrange Random Preset Creator