Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM On Patchstorage

AUM has been on the waiting list to get its own page on Patchstorage for awhile and it’s now official. Anyone can upload AUM templates, patches or presets. This is freaking awesome!

Be sure to sign up so you can share patches and vote on more iOS Apps to have their page, Cheers!

https://patchstorage.com/platform/aum/

Comments

• There isn’t any patches up yet, but I’m sure this forum can get a bunch up there. I’m searching to see what templates I can share. Most of them need work before being uploaded. I recall @jakoB_haQ video where he made a sweet mixing template, be great to see that up there. So many possibilities for templates and projects.

• I’ll have to put up my Super Mega Effector Looper Channel…

Only problem I can see is that patches that use certain apps and effects like mine may not be useful if others don’t own those apps or similar substitutes.

• Yea that is one of the things… might be best to try to limit a template to as few external apps as possible. At least that’s what I plan to do with a few. Or just post it as is, and list all the apps used. Or maybe both… that pic does show a lot of different apps…

• Or maybe including screenshots with the plugins´ settings, so if happens that one doesn't have a specific plugin, it is possible to replace it with other one of the kind.

• edited August 2022

I’m glad they accepted that request finally.

I’m trying to load a patch but it won’t let me when Aum is the choosen platform. :/
    Anyone tried and got that problem?

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    I’m glad they accepted that request finally.

I’m trying to load a patch but it won’t let when Aum is the chosen platform. :/
    Anyone tried and got that problem?

• Ok. I refreshed and it allowed but then it says it’s the wrong format![] after file got chosen (https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/wc/h56wlinqn09u.png "")

• I tried uploading a patch and it complained as I got to the patch file selection:

You must choose a platform first.

And I had chosen AUM above so it’s not set up correctly yet.

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Or maybe including screenshots with the plugins´ settings, so if happens that one doesn't have a specific plugin, it is possible to replace it with other one of the kind.

Good idea.

• @McD said:
    I tried uploading a patch and it complained as I got to the patch file selection:

Huh, weird, did you have to have a picture and all? You can message them on the site by pulling up the menu pop up with like upload a patch, log out, etc…

• I just sent a direct message to Patchstorage about the aforementioned issues. I also posted a question on the AUM page.

I really Wanna get this sorted. You can get an invite to join their discord by selecting the hamburger menu in the upper righ, then select Discussions and support.

• I will try again.

• @McD said:
    I tried uploading a patch and it complained as I got to the patch file selection:

I just ran a test @McD i filled out everything, yet the the Select File button to upload the patch is greyed out. And below it says select a platform, just like you said, but I had already selected AUM above.

• edited August 2022

I sent them a second message after I ran my test explaining what happened. I just sent them a dm on their own platform, I didn’t join the discord or anything.

• I tried in Safari and Chrome and when filling out the form the “Select Files” button is inactive.

Changing the platform to Audulus as a test opens the select files pop-up menu.

So, still not set up properly.

I have filled out that form so many times I’m sure it’s just missing some configuration details to work.

• Hi, Pranciskus from Patchstorage here. This was a sneaky bug in one of the javascript packages we are using (- vs –). Should be resolved now. Please test it out and report. Thanks!

• @pranciskus said:
    Hi, Pranciskus from Patchstorage here. This was a sneaky bug in one of the javascript packages we are using (- vs –). Should be resolved now. Please test it out and report. Thanks!

Still hanging on the “Select File(s)” button.

• I sent them a couple direct messages, but I be cool if someone could join their discord. It appears that they want troubleshooting/suggestions shared there. I don’t have the app and I can’t accept invite for some tpreason. In the The invite link discord window, I click invite and it says something like about ‘Safari does not recognize the url’ or something similar. I’ve had this happen a few times. Is it my ad blocker maybe.

• It should be fixed, if not message them, they respond quickly, but I only just saw it.
    This is on the AUM page under my question.

• @McD said:

@pranciskus said:
    Hi, Pranciskus from Patchstorage here. This was a sneaky bug in one of the javascript packages we are using (- vs –). Should be resolved now. Please test it out and report. Thanks!

Still hanging on the “Select File(s)” button.

Could you please try hard-refreshing the site and then selecting AUM on the second field?

• I had AUM in the second field… it just doesn’t show in that screen capture.

• I changed the platform to Audulus as a test ( just that one chsnge) and the submenu to pick where to get the file(s) popped right up. Something is off in the AUM configuration maybe related to the configured file type creating this bug?

• You are probably using a cached version of the site. Could you please try an incognito window or a different browser/device?

• edited August 2022

@pranciskus said:
    You are probably using a cached version of the site. Could you please try an incognito window or a different browser/device?

Oh hey! You are from Patchstorage, glad to see you over here, Welcome. I’ll run another test here soon as well.

• Ok. I will try incognito (if I can
    remember get that browser cached password in my clipboard).

It will be a few hours before I can try so someone will likely beat me to first patch loaded.

• @pranciskus

It worked!

I just uploaded a basic test patch in safari private mode and it worked! It’s just a simple 1 audio channel with balance, pan, and LPF to quickly add on to a session. But the select butt Was available to choose and the patch uploaded.

Thanks so much for the help.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @pranciskus

It worked!

I just uploaded a basic test patch in safari private mode and it worked! It’s just a simple 1 audio channel with balance, pan, and LPF to quickly add on to a session. But the select butt Was available to choose and the patch uploaded.

Thanks so much for the help.

How do I open this patch in AUM once I’ve downloaded it?

• @BillS In the Files app navigate to where you downloaded the file (or press the magnifier icon in the Safaris download list) and then just double tap the downloaded .aumproj File and AUM will open and ask if the file should be imported.

Play around and then don‘t forget to ‚save‘ it in AUM to store the session inside AUMs folder.

-

Another approach is to navigate to the .aumproj File as above, but then tap-and-hold on the file to acces a pop-up menu with the option to ‚move‘ the file. Now move it into ‚On my ipad/AUM“

• I’m number 3, I think.