Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New IK Multimedia App (mac/pc/iOS/IpadOS) - Amplitube TONEX

Comments

• @tahiche said:
    Continuing with the above… indeed after reinstalling the app you have no way of accessing the user tones you had downloaded, and you can’t download any new ones if you’ve reached the downloads limit.
    if you search for tones and happen to find the ones you had already downloaded it’ll let you download the tone again. So IK is keeping record and there’s a list of downloaded tones, somewhere…. Given the sheer amount of tones available, finding the ones you previously downloaded is a total hit&miss operation that takes ages.
    This does not only apply for reinstalling the Tonex app, I guess it also would apply if you wanted to use the tones across multiple devices (2 iPads, iPhone & iPad…).

They could definitely improve the user experience of the app…

The only way I can get quick access to the tones I want is saving presets in the host or saving the session if I don’t want to deal with the noise of the stock marshall preset.

I would hope they allow us to delete the tone models we don’t want in the future.

Overall though I am just happy to have accurate captures of my amps.

• @tahiche said:
    Trying to get a better understanding of the user tones I uninstalled and reinstalled Tonex. Expected I would either be able to download the tones again or get back the ones I had deleted (and can’t replace).
    Now I have just one user tone and can’t download any….

Im aware there’s a ton of cases based on subscription, pack purchases, etc but this needs to be addressed, @ikmultimedia.
    Again, I had bought the Clean pack which entitles me to extra 35 tones, so 55 in total (20 free version + 35 from pack).

Here’s some comments about the situation:

• The meaning and details of “downloads” needs to be explained. Simultaneous tones or if downloaded tone is forever, non-replaceable.
    • The number of user tones a client is entitled to should be clearly visible.
    • The number of already downloaded tones should be clearly visible (downloaded 42/55 tones…)
    • If the downloaded tones are “forever” I should get them back on reinstall. Where are they?. How do I get them back?. I need a “restore tones” button, or some list with my downloaded tones. I can’t get them back!. I obviously don’t remember which 55 tones I had downloaded.

Thanks!

Btw, if you are posting in order to get support, make sure to also use iK’s support system. They engage with that more promptly than posts here.

• Anyone else unable to access Tonenet on iOS?

If I try from the standalone it crashes.

If I try from the AU I get 104 error.

• @BroCoast said:
    Anyone else unable to access Tonenet on iOS?

It's working ok for me.

• @espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

It's working ok for me.

Just had to reinstall and it’s all working again. A pain downloading all my tones again!

• @BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

It's working ok for me.

Just had to reinstall and it’s all working again. A pain downloading all my tones again!

Bummer. Is there a secret way of finding the tones you've downloaded previously?

• edited February 2023

I have A5 max and Tonex max on my PC and I have Tonex working on my old ipad which just I donated to my wife for playing silly word games with her family. I bought a used ipad identical but with more Gbytes and wiped it and reinstalled amplitude CS and Tonex - which updated to the latestversion. Amplitude works fine but tonex opens, flashes up the amp display and then closes immediately. Tried deleting and reinstalling, same. It still runs fine on the old ipad which is running the previous version.

Could it be that I can only have one ios device registered with the app??
    I have not deleted the copy on the other ipad because that is the only way I can currently run it but I am quite happy to if it will work. I only need it on one ipad.

• Wow. This app seems to be an unmitigated success.

• @ervin said:
    Wow. This app seems to be an unmitigated success.

No doubt. It dethroned THU for me. I now use THU and Tonestack for effects only.

• @jimboh said:
    I have A5 max and Tonex max on my PC and I have Tonex working on my old ipad which just I donated to my wife for playing silly word games with her family. I bought a used ipad identical but with more Gbytes and wiped it and reinstalled amplitude CS and Tonex - which updated to the latestversion. Amplitude works fine but tonex opens, flashes up the amp display and then closes immediately. Tried deleting and reinstalling, same. It still runs fine on the old ipad which is running the previous version.

Could it be that I can only have one ios device registered with the app??
    I have not deleted the copy on the other ipad because that is the only way I can currently run it but I am quite happy to if it will work. I only need it on one ipad.

I had the same issue. The crashing is a bug they will fix but it will work fine in AU.

• @espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

It's working ok for me.

Bummer. Is there a secret way of finding the tones you've downloaded previously?

No, there isn’t. IK does have the list somewhere, as it will you download previously downloaded tones if you happen to remember and find them, but that list is not made available to the user. This needs to be fixed.

• @ervin said:

It’s quite amazing.

There is a user capture of a GE Fuzzface into a JTM45 that is crazy good. Almost indistinguishable from the (very expensive) real thing.

• @tahiche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

It's working ok for me.

No, there isn’t. IK does have the list somewhere, as it will you download previously downloaded tones if you happen to remember and find them, but that list is not made available to the user. This needs to be fixed.

Like I said before it seems like they’ve added a ton of purchase options, each with its own gotchas, but haven’t really anticipated each use case.

• @tahiche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

It's working ok for me.

Agreed, a list at minimum.

Better yet a “restore downloaded items” option.

• @BroCoast said:

@ervin said:

It’s quite amazing.

There is a user capture of a GE Fuzzface into a JTM45 that is crazy good. Almost indistinguishable from the (very expensive) real thing.

I wish I could get that. Unfortunately I run out of downloads after listening to some fellow forum member and downloading everything that started with the letters “UR” 😜
    Isn’t there anything between a pack (35 downloads) and the whooping 179$ full version?. Anyway I’m not purchasing any more IAP until they sort out the downloads model.

• @tahiche said:

@BroCoast said:

@ervin said:

It’s quite amazing.

I wish I could get that. Unfortunately I run out of downloads after listening to some fellow forum member and downloading everything that started with the letters “UR” 😜
    Isn’t there anything between a pack (35 downloads) and the whooping 179$ full version?. Anyway I’m not purchasing any more IAP until they sort out the downloads model.

I’m sorry! At least you can find them easily to download again. 😃

I am not sure how the subscription works with regards to user captures and keeping them long term but it might be the cheapest way to access more.

• Wow again. The force is strong with the Literal Squad today.

• New build up fixes crash.

• First, note that there's an update today so you should no longer experience crashing/issues when accessing ToneNET from the app.

With regard to downloads, you are allowed 20 User Tone Model downloads total with the free version (but unlimited in SE, standard, and MAX). This is 20 total, not a rotating 20 downloads where you can delete to make space for others as that would essentially be unlimited downloads with a few more steps. You don't need to download User Tone Models in order to try them - when you browse ToneNET you can play through them there without downloading in order to try before you commit a download slot to that User Tone Model.

• @ervin said:
    Wow again. The force is strong with the Literal Squad today.

You mean “the force” from the movie “Star Wars” (1977)?

• @IK_Multimedia said:
    First, note that there's an update today so you should no longer experience crashing/issues when accessing ToneNET from the app.

With regard to downloads, you are allowed 20 User Tone Model downloads total with the free version (but unlimited in SE, standard, and MAX). This is 20 total, not a rotating 20 downloads where you can delete to make space for others as that would essentially be unlimited downloads with a few more steps. You don't need to download User Tone Models in order to try them - when you browse ToneNET you can play through them there without downloading in order to try before you commit a download slot to that User Tone Model.

@ikmultimedia : is there a facility to find/list the tonenet tones you have downloaded if you have deleted them from your device.. or move to another device..or delete and reinstall?

• deleted and installed 1.0.4 still crashes for me

• @BroCoast said:

@tahiche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

It's working ok for me.

Agreed, a list at minimum.

Better yet a “restore downloaded items” option.

Until this issue gets resolved, I’ve simply taken screen shots of my downloads — so I have a record of them in the event of a crash. Of course that doesn’t help the souls who’ve already lost theirs.

Hopefully they can also find a way for us to simply purchase banks of user slots for use exclusively within the Tone Net. I (like many here it appears) was totally unaware of the limit to the number of user presets we could download, and also unaware that once you download a preset the slot is committed to that tone for life.

Since presets from the Tone Net cost @IK_Multimedia nothing to create, perhaps they will be thoughtful enough to offer new solutions for users that will also cover their cost to maintain and update the Tone Net as need be.

• @IK_Multimedia said:
    First, note that there's an update today so you should no longer experience crashing/issues when accessing ToneNET from the app.

1.0.4 fixed the crash bug for me. The standalone app now succesfully connects to ToneNET without any issues. Thank you for the fix.

• @espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@ikmultimedia : is there a facility to find/list the tonenet tones you have downloaded if you have deleted them from your device.. or move to another device..or delete and reinstall?

@ikmultimedia ☝️this , please!.
    Also anywhere where I can find details on the subscription model?. You don’t mention it… There’s hardly info on the different options and details. Can you download as many user tone models as you like during subscription?. Are they forever?.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@ervin said:
    Wow again. The force is strong with the Literal Squad today.

You mean “the force” from the movie “Star Wars” (1977)?

Excellent work as usual. 🎖️

• @tahiche said:
    Can you download as many user tone models as you like during subscription?. Are they forever?.

this web page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=13969

sez: "Your subscription Tone Models can be accessed up to 10 times without an internet connection before you'll need to go back online to reset the counter."

so not forever afaict.

• @tahiche said:

>

Also anywhere where I can find details on the subscription model?. You don’t mention it… There’s hardly info on the different options and details. Can you download as many user tone models as you like during subscription?. Are they forever?.

Forever seems unlikely. Otherwise people would subscribe for month, download a ton and cancel the subscription.

• @espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

>

Forever seems unlikely. Otherwise people would subscribe for month, download a ton and cancel the subscription.

Yeeeesss. Guess this is my way of suggesting/demanding more clarity and info about the purchase model and user downloads.

• @tahiche said:

@espiegel123 said:

@tahiche said:

>

Yeeeesss. Guess this is my way of suggesting/demanding more clarity and info about the purchase model and user downloads.

Have you contacted them through their support channel? You might get more traction by contacting them that way in addition to posting here.