Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New IK Multimedia App (mac/pc/iOS/IpadOS) - Amplitube TONEX

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:

It has been a week since I contacted them. Is there something I can do short of filling out the support request form again?

I can have someone look into your ticket with the ticket number. Please verify that you not only registered your account in the app but also registered your iRig HD 2 serial number in the app as well. The second part would unlock the 20 bonus Tone Models for you.

• @IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

It has been a week since I contacted them. Is there something I can do short of filling out the support request form again?

I can have someone look into your ticket with the ticket number. Please verify that you not only registered your account in the app but also registered your iRig HD 2 serial number in the app as well. The second part would unlock the 20 bonus Tone Models for you.

Thanks for getting back to me. I just heard back from support. The 40 tone model unlock i mentioned is only for recent iRig purchases.

• @espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

Thanks for getting back to me. I just heard back from support. The 40 tone model unlock i mentioned is only for recent iRig purchases.

I'm having someone look into it. The 20 bonus Tone Models should be for all iRig 2, iRig HD 2, iRig Pro I/O, an iRig Pro DUO I/O users who registered their hardware before November 3rd.

• @IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

I'm having someone look into it. The 20 bonus Tone Models should be for all iRig 2, iRig HD 2, iRig Pro I/O, an iRig Pro DUO I/O users who registered their hardware before November 3rd.

It seems like the situation is that if are a "legacy" iRig HD 2 user, you end up with 30 deluxe tone models. If one is a more recent purchaser one apparently gets 40 deluxe tone models plus 20 user created models via ToneNet. I was sent a promotional email about the latter -- but it was confusing because it was not clear from the email that it only applies to recent purchases.

• edited November 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

It seems like the situation is that if are a "legacy" iRig HD 2 user, you end up with 30 deluxe tone models. If one is a more recent purchaser one apparently gets 40 deluxe tone models plus 20 user created models via ToneNet. I was sent a promotional email about the latter -- but it was confusing because it was not clear from the email that it only applies to recent purchases.

That is not the case. I have someone looking into this and they will respond to your ticket. iRig HD 2 registered to an account before November 3, 2022 definitely should unlock 20 bonus Tone Models when a user enters their iRig HD 2 serial into the app (under "Account"). Those, plus the 20 in the free version/app (TONEX CS models) = 40. You also get 10 bonus Tone Models for registering the app itself (signing into your IK account under the "Account" section of the in-app menu).

The 20 bonus Tone Models apply specifically to "legacy" iRig HD 2 users (and users of the other interfaces I mentioned). I know this as a fact as I was involved in the decision process for this. You will be taken care of.

• @IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

That is not the case. I have someone looking into this and they will respond to your ticket. iRig HD 2 registered to an account before November 3, 2022 definitely should unlock 20 bonus Tone Models when a user enters their iRig HD 2 serial into the app (under "Account"). Those, plus the 20 in the free version/app (TONEX CS models) = 40. You also get 10 bonus Tone Models for registering the app itself (signing into your IK account under the "Account" section of the in-app menu).

The 20 bonus Tone Models apply specifically to "legacy" iRig HD 2 users (and users of the other interfaces I mentioned). I know this as a fact as I was involved in the decision process for this. You will be taken care of.

Awesome! Thank you so much!

• @espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

This should be fixed now, just go to the Account page in the menu and click "Finish" and all should be sorted. Thanks for your patience.

• @IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@espiegel123 said:

This should be fixed now, just go to the Account page in the menu and click "Finish" and all should be sorted. Thanks for your patience.

Great! It worked. Thank you so much for looking into it and taking care of it. I look forward to trying out the newly unkicked models!

• I think I’ve got 16 models as an iRig pro user, is that right @ikmultimedia ? Just checking really, there’s some good stuff in there for sure!

• @Krupa said:
    I think I’ve got 16 models as an iRig pro user, is that right @ikmultimedia ? Just checking really, there’s some good stuff in there for sure!

I think more. Did you make sure that your irig pro and Tonex registrations show up in the same account? If so, press the Finish button in TONEX's Account menu.

• Thanks @ikmultimedia , I followed these instructions and now count 50 models unlocked.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Krupa said:
    I think I’ve got 16 models as an iRig pro user, is that right @ikmultimedia ? Just checking really, there’s some good stuff in there for sure!

I think more. Did you make sure that your irig pro and Tonex registrations show up in the same account? If so, press the Finish button in TONEX's Account menu.

Actually, I’ve got sixteen different amps, but thirty different tone models including p the permissions of amp and cab, and then pedals on top… that might be what I’m due 😁

Thanks Ed

• @IK_Multimedia said:

Thanks! Fixed for me as well.

• edited December 2022

Is there any way to ONLY display the tones/patches which will work with my version of ToneX? I'm tired of clicking on a patch only to be informed that I need to pay for it instead of just showing me the ones I can access right now.

And frankly, this also applies to Amplitude 5 and T-Racks 5. I want to HIDE everything I don't own.

• @NeuM said:
    Is there any way to ONLY display the tones/patches which will work with my version of ToneX? I'm tired of clicking on a patch only to be informed that I need to pay for it instead of just showing me the ones I can access right now.

FWIW, the ones you are authorized for should all be together at the top of the list and they are in displayed with bold text which distinguishes them from the one you aren't authorized for.

• @NeuM said:

Tap the filter icon, there's a filter for "Owned", choose Yes for that.

• edited December 2022

@espiegel123 said:

@NeuM said:

FWIW, the ones you are authorized for should all be together at the top of the list and they are in displayed with bold text which distinguishes them from the one you aren't authorized for.

Thanks but could you be more specific? There are various lists and ways to view things in this software.

There is a "Tone Models" section, a "Presets" section, then there is a long list shown after one clicks on the "ToneNet" button...

UPDATE: Aha... now I see what you're referring to. That difference is far too subtle for my eyes. I'd really rather there was a "Hide All Tones Not In My Library" button option.

• edited December 2022

@IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

Ugh. Thank you. You have no idea how much this helps. I don't see this filter option on Amplitude 5 or T-Racks 5. Please consider adding to those. It really helps when you're trying to speed up the production process.

• @NeuM said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

Ugh. Thank you. You have no idea how much this helps.

+1

• @NeuM said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

Ugh. Thank you. You have no idea how much this helps. I don't see this filter option on Amplitude 5 or T-Racks 5. Please consider adding to those. It really helps when you're trying to speed up the production process.

AmpliTube 5 has a button for it too, right hand side above the gear list, next to the "Search gear" box.

• @IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

AmpliTube 5 has a button for it too, right hand side above the gear list, next to the "Search gear" box.

On the desktop version of the software?

• @NeuM said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

Desktop. You mentioned AmpliTube 5 and T-RackS 5 both of which are desktop only at this time.

• @IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

Desktop. You mentioned AmpliTube 5 and T-RackS 5 both of which are desktop only at this time.

I must not be seeing something then. Could you take a screen shot of the button in question? Thanks.

• edited December 2022

@NeuM said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

@IK_Multimedia said:

@NeuM said:

I must not be seeing something then. Could you take a screen shot of the button in question? Thanks.

I see it now. Had no idea what that did before because it has no hover-over information and it is visually disconnected from the search bar.

I don't know if I'm an outlier or not (perhaps I am), but I usually avoid going to the manuals when I don't need to and rely on the functions of the software to be self-evident. The function of that icon was not self-evident for me.

Thanks.

• I’m curious how the Tonex owners who’ve bought one or more IAPs are feeling about it. I have all the Nembrinis and TH-U with a few rigs. I don’t use TH-U much because I don’t care for the interface. I love the “big” Nembrini sims, especially the Faceman, Soundmaster, and BST100, but they don’t (yet) do smaller combo-sized amps. Would you recommend Tonex for those? I’m thinking about the Clean and Drive packs. Thanks.

• @Schmotown said:
    I’m curious how the Tonex owners who’ve bought one or more IAPs are feeling about it. I have all the Nembrinis and TH-U with a few rigs. I don’t use TH-U much because I don’t care for the interface. I love the “big” Nembrini sims, especially the Faceman, Soundmaster, and BST100, but they don’t (yet) do smaller combo-sized amps. Would you recommend Tonex for those? I’m thinking about the Clean and Drive packs. Thanks.

I own almost all Nembrini amps and I love them. I got Tonex and bought the clean amps pack.
    I don’t have the knowledge, or have owned the original amps, nor do I care about an emulation being 10000% accurate. If it sounds good and feels good when playing, I’m in.
    That said, Tonex and Nembrini are excellent. But I find Tonex more convenient in that you can try many different amps much quicker, with Nembrini you have to switch plugins. I also find that in Tonex you get a more representative sound straight away whereas in Nembrini I always have to lower the input gain. So it’s just quicker to go through presets and check the different flavors.

• @tahiche That’s exactly what I wanted to know. Looks like IK will be a few bucks better off. Thanks!

• I find I like Tonex better for Cleans and low gain stuff. I find that Nembrini, THU and Tonex on par with high gain tones. I do use THU a lot as effects only or effects and IR cab after a Tonex amp/ pedal combo in AUM. TONEX also has a better feel and response to pick attack and volume knob changes than the others. Ymmv.

• edited January 2023

@NeuM said:
    CORRECTION: Turns out there is no subscription service connected to ToneX.

Whatever their model is it seems fair to say that whatever it is could change at any time, regardless of what is said now, and that change will possibly be accompanied by some sort of shit show. There is no way I would ever buy another iOS thing from IK based on the previous flip flopping, disaster management etc etc.

• @Ailerom said:

@NeuM said:
    CORRECTION: Turns out there is no subscription service connected to ToneX.

Whatever their model is it seems fair to say that whatever it is could change at any time, regardless of what is said now, and that change will possibly be accompanied by some sort of shit show. There is no way I would ever buy another iOS thing from IK based on the previous flip flopping, disaster management etc etc.

The same could be said about any app or service. Ever hear of Affinity? They make the top selling graphic design and photo apps on the App Store. They just pulled a bait and switch on their customers and boy, are they hearing about it.