Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneBoosters TB MBC - Coming soon!!

Comments

• @DJB While you’re at it, add downward expansion and give FF Pro-G some healthy competition :sunglasses:

• Instabuy! In @DJB we trust 🙏

• I really like that TB MBC has a built-in limiter (enabled under the cog-wheel menu lower right).
    Even using just a single band it can do wonders with drum-loops, very intuitive to use!

TB have another winner in their hands :sunglasses:

• I am getting confused now, I don´t have Tonebooster apps. They offer, when it comes to compression, a normal compressor, a multi band compressor, and Barricade. And the Enhancer could also be interesting.

I don´t do mastering in any form yet, what I do like is sculpture the sound of individual channels. So I guess the normal compressor and the mult band compressor are the first ones to get?

• edited August 2022

Single compressors are good for individual sound sources like bass or kicks. Multiband is good for things like drums or sounds with a range of frequencies.

• edited August 2022

@auxmux said:
    Single compressors are good for individual sound sources like bass or kicks. Multiband is good for things like drums or sounds with a range of frequencies.

Thanks for clearing this up for me, great. I used to read these magazines like SOS, Future Music but I forgot all this knowledge some time ago.

• edited August 2022

But what would be a reason to go for the TB (normal) compressor, when the TB MBC can do single band compression as well.. or am I overlooking something?

• @Slush said:
    But what would be a reason to go for the TB (normal) compressor, when the TB MBC can do single band compression as well.. or am I overlooking something?

It feels like TB MBC is a Swiss army-knife for controlling dynamics and doing sound design while TB Compressor is more of a dedicated compressor.

In TB Compressor you can choose between upward or downward compression while TB MBC allows both at the same time and with 10 bands it's 20 compressors working at once :sunglasses:

There is still one 'category' of apps that TB has not done yet. It's 'Gating/Downward Expansion'.
    I just love FF Pro-G and hope to one day see TB's take on it maybe by integrating 'Expansion' to the compressors...

• @Samu Thanks for clarification!

• @Slush said:
    @Samu Thanks for clarification!

They are both worth it. Heck the whole TB collection is honestly worth it!

• All TB is worth it, but then so is Fabfilter. Def need both. TB is much more resource efficient.

• Immediately bought it, but haven’t checked to see if the settings can be automated or controlled by MIDI. Anyone know if this is possible?

• @Samu said:

@Slush said:

It feels like TB MBC is a Swiss army-knife for controlling dynamics and doing sound design while TB Compressor is more of a dedicated compressor.

In TB Compressor you can choose between upward or downward compression while TB MBC allows both at the same time and with 10 bands it's 20 compressors working at once :sunglasses:

There is still one 'category' of apps that TB has not done yet. It's 'Gating/Downward Expansion'.
    I just love FF Pro-G and hope to one day see TB's take on it maybe by integrating 'Expansion' to the compressors...

There is a trick for that with TB:Barricade and TB:Compressor.

The “Audition” button.

Only con is that you can’t wet/dry mix it.

• @jolico said:

There is a trick for that with TB:Barricade and TB:Compressor.

The “Audition” button.

Only con is that you can’t wet/dry mix it.

Yeah, and it's still got quite far to go compared to FF Pro-G with frequency range based side-chain gating among other things.
    Pro-G is also very good in removing reverb from sounds and tightening up a beat or cleaning up the gaps etc. etc.

• @Slush said:

TB:Compressor is lighter on cpu.

Also, TB:Compress has some cool tricks up it’s sleeve.
    eg. triggering the compressor from the low frequencies, but only effecting the highs.

• And trying to comprehend the depth of all of this, when does the MagicDeathEye come in sight. Or why choose one over the other in what kind of situation.

• edited August 2022

Had to try MBC on desktop as it got a bit tiny on iPad. Awesome MB processor. I love the per band overdrive. Wish there was more horsepower in that realm, and more ice cream flavours. But sounds great, super easy to use. and for the price and the amount I use MB Comp it's a no brainer over the FabFilter option (which I've bought and sold twice due to lack of use). Will be getting MBC for desktop as well. My first desktop TB plugin.

• @Slush said:
    And trying to comprehend the depth of all of this, when does the MagicDeathEye come in sight. Or why choose one over the other in what kind of situation.

Last night I used MB C on a bass track. I was able to select a range around the kick drum to tame but is sounded nice with a little overdrive on that narrow area of 70-100hz. I also wanted some crunch in the top end so I select about 2k to 8k, compressed it quite a bit maxed out the overdrive and turned the volume up to shape. You can shape the timeline of audio with a full band comp but with a MB C you can also attack the full spectrum in whatever places you want. Smash the lows and leave the highs untouched. Bring out some pick sound without affecting the low end clean rumble.

• edited August 2022

@Ailerom said:

@Slush said:
    And trying to comprehend the depth of all of this, when does the MagicDeathEye come in sight. Or why choose one over the other in what kind of situation.

Last night I used MB C on a bass track. I was able to select a range around the kick drum to tame but is sounded nice with a little overdrive on that narrow area of 70-100hz. I also wanted some crunch in the top end so I select about 2k to 8k, compressed it quite a bit maxed out the overdrive and turned the volume up to shape. You can shape the timeline of audio with a full band comp but with a MB C you can also attack the full spectrum in whatever places you want. Smash the lows and leave the highs untouched. Bring out some pick sound without affecting the low end clean rumble.

Right, complete surgical precision with MBC. Thanks.

• @Ailerom said:
    Had to try MBC on desktop as it got a bit tiny on iPad. Awesome MB processor. I love the per band overdrive. Wish there was more horsepower in that realm, and more ice cream flavours. But sounds great, super easy to use. and for the price and the amount I use MB Comp it's a no brainer over the FabFilter option (which I've bought and sold twice due to lack of use). Will be getting MBC for desktop as well. My first desktop TB plugin.

I highly recommend their "Equalizer 4" for desktop also. I find it invaluable.

• edited August 2022

After playing around with this software on desktop a bit, I'm starting to understand how it can fit into my workflow better and how it differs from the multi band compressor from Fabfilter I have on iOS (but not on desktop).

It'll probably completely replace my older app, TB Compressor.

Only thing missing from this very nice multi band compressor are a nice variety of presets. That's something that Fabfilter really gets right... tons of presets to help one be more productive faster. I'd like to see at least 100 presets or more for this app.

• @craftycurate said:
    Might be worth changing the thread title now?

@AliAhmet no rush but be good for everyone to see it’s now released. Cheers.

• edited August 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DJBDJB
    edited August 2022

For the record: if an infinite compression ratio gives a flat input-output curve (which it should by definition), MBC can do a higher-than-infinite-compression ratio by combining the two curves :-)

In addition, if you need more (common) input gain in each band, there is an overall input gain control if you click on the cog at the bottom right.

• Ohh Toneboosters. I love them. As an AUM user all i could wish for is different app icons.

• edited August 2022

• @eylvy said:
    I've yet to compare it to similar apps, I do like the Saturation idea.
    Just uploaded a short demo of it on a guitar+bass track:

That was really helpful to me, cheers.

• Same here, this is gonna be a super tool for miximg and mastering

@AtticusL said:

@eylvy said:
    I've yet to compare it to similar apps, I do like the Saturation idea.
    Just uploaded a short demo of it on a guitar+bass track:

That was really helpful to me, cheers.