Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneBoosters TB MBC - Coming soon!!

ToneBoosters will soon be released their multi-band Compressor with its wealth of features.

https://thebeatcommunity.com/2022/07/20/tb-mbc-coming-soon-from-toneboosters/

Comments

• NICE! Instabuy for me.

• Right on!!

• Day one purchase for SURE!!!

• Will it also do gating / downward expansion?
    I find that to be the best way to tame 'high-frequency hiss'.

• Cool! I hope it has multi-out.

• edited July 2022

Hope it has an adjustable limiter at the end of the chain...
    ...those make-up knobs look like fun things to 'abuse' :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

They already have Barricade, so just add to the end.

• @auxmux said:

@Samu said:

They already have Barricade, so just add to the end.

Sometimes it's nice to keep things 'simple' to protect the ears...
    ...maybe it already does automatic gain compensation but that we'll know when it's available.

• edited July 2022

Looks like they’re directly taking on FabFilter now. Fantastic. And they’ve reimagined their UI layout also. I like what I’m seeing so far.

• edited August 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ReflectiveHaze said:
    Looks like now TB will have a full compliment of FX as alternatives to FF. I have all the FFs in Auria Pro and haven't purchased the AU versions. It will be nice to have a full set of mixing FX that I can use in another DAW. Options! :)

Wouldn’t mind seeing Toneboosters taking on Timeless 3, Volcano 3 and Saturn 2… (especially Timeless).

• edited August 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ReflectiveHaze said:

@NeuM said:

@ReflectiveHaze said:
    Looks like now TB will have a full compliment of FX as alternatives to FF. I have all the FFs in Auria Pro and haven't purchased the AU versions. It will be nice to have a full set of mixing FX that I can use in another DAW. Options! :)

Wouldn’t mind seeing Toneboosters taking on Timeless 3, Volcano 3 and Saturn 2… (especially Timeless).

Agreed! Outside of Auria, I end up using Bleass delay and filter and Kosmonaut. I've got nothing though as an alternative to Saturn (ver1 in Auria Pro), except possibly Chow Tape Model...

Yep a TB Timeless would be awesome!

• I was hoping for week-end release for TB MBC as I'll be 'off the grid' most of next week...
    ...but no worries, still got plenty of apps that work fine off-line :sunglasses:
    (Just got the IAP for Puresynt Platinum as I now have an iPad that doesn't struggle with running it, pretty sweet sounds).

• @parnarules_85 said:
    It's out! :)

Sweet!

• That was quick. Is this MBC somewhat similar to an OTT or is it a different idea behind it? Not quite sure if I understand it right - thanks for your insights

• Is the regular TB Compressor needed if one gets the MB compressor?

• So fire. The saturation is really great. Eq, compressor, limiter, saturator all in one.

• I'm home now. But I was hanging with some mates drinking, saw what @parnarules_85 wrote , and immediately purchased the MB Compressor via my iPhone. 🤣 My mates were like "what are you doing on your phone?" I said, "I just purchased a new multiband sound compressor." 🤓 Music nerd exposed.

• Might be worth changing the thread title now?

• Yea it’s out. Weird it’s listed as an entertainment app in the App Store.

• @david_2017 said:
    That was quick. Is this MBC somewhat similar to an OTT or is it a different idea behind it? Not quite sure if I understand it right - thanks for your insights

Not 100 percent sure but if you look at the picture at the top a mbc allows you to apply seperate compression settings to a specific part or band of the frequency spectrum emitted from the sound. In pic it shows four different areas, each is a band with its own individual compression applied. A regular compressor is one set of compression settings applied to the entire spectrum. I think.

• 10 Bands to work with, Crazy.. :o

• Is this think like ehh, Woott and Bark filter combined?

• How does this compare to the Fab Filter MB offering does it bring anything else to the table ?

• I've yet to compare it to similar apps, I do like the Saturation idea.
    Just uploaded a short demo of it on a guitar+bass track:

• @Jumpercollins said:
    How does this compare to the Fab Filter MB offering does it bring anything else to the table ?

From what I can see it's a bit more versatile: it can do the clean clinical bread-and-butter stuff but it can also bring some dirt to the table, so it's like a mashup of Pro-MB and OTT.